• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack 2 review thread

LordKano

*Any other review thread*
"Its MC is only 70? Preorder cancelled I guess the game is trash."

*Knack review thread*
"Its MC is 70? Can't believe it's better than any other game came out this generation. Amazing, GOTY."

Pretty much how I read it too lol

*Knack review thread*
"Its MC is 70? Can't believe it's better than any other game came out this generation. Amazing, GOTY."

Which review threads are you referring to where a single poster has said these 2 things?

Shaanyboi

Banned
qtbAtc9.png
giphy.gif

ZeoVGM

Banned

*Knack review thread*

Well, the people who say that top quote are always annoying, to be fair.

PR_rambo

Banned
I played hundreds of hours of Destiny.

And In the end I gambled and chose the superior sequel in Knack 2, pre ordered it instead of D2.

The improved scores make me feel both justified and invincible.

It's not GOTY, but that MC is hardly representative of the consensus more broadly; most of the reviews are positive, with a few strongly negative outliers.

Loudninja

Gamersyde
On the plus side

+ Looks better overall
+ Nice sense of scale
+ Relatively engaging story and mostly engaging characters
+ Good length for the genre
+ Co-op and child-friendly
+ No more frustrating difficulty peaks in normal mode
+ Exploration is rewarded
+ Additional game modes (time trial and arena)
+ New Game + and replayable chapters for completionists
+ New Game + finally allows to change the difficulty setting
+ 2 graphics modes (resolution and framerate)

On the downside

- The artstyle hasn't changed a bit
- Envrionments can look a bit boxy
- Combat appears a bit less technical
- Completing the game with many skills and gadgets still locked
- Quick time events come back a little bit too often
- The last part could have used some more chapters
- Too few time trial and arena challenges (5+3)
- HDR could have been more convincing
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_we_re...en.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Panaphonics

Banned

*Knack review thread*

Well knack is a ps4 exclusive after All.

S1kkZ

Gamersyde
- Combat appears a bit less technical - not when playing on hard.
- Completing the game with many skills and gadgets still locked - not true for me. i unlocked every gadget and 90% of all the skills in my first playthrough. i was looking for secrets, but it is possible to unlock most of the stuff in the first go.

cant agree with those 2 negatives.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I'm enjoying Knack 1 at the moment. Surprisingly fun despite a few gripes (fixed camera is kind of annoying and the combat just feels a little off).

Will likely pick up Knack II when it drops in price.

oti

Banned

*Knack review thread*

It's a meme.
It's ok to have fun.
Video games are fun.

Drencrom

*Knack review thread*

That first review thread you're describing is a hyped AAA game in a wellknown franchise by recognized devs

We're talking about Knack here

Nice to see it's much improved over the first game. I'm not really into platformers, but I do hope Sony continues to invest in titles like this as they help flesh out a platform's library. And also because I want a new Puppeteer, Sony!

Gurish

I agree that it's pretty good. The core gameplay is dramatically improved. Lots of platforming, some light puzzles, improved combat and much better environments plus loads of technical improvements.

It's not an especially charming game but I felt the same way about Crash and Spyro as well and it didn't ruin those games.

Crash was charming from the first moment for me, Knack though... One of the ugliest designs of all time.

*Knack review thread*

Complete nonsense in pure GAf style, but Good to see the game scoring not as bad as i thought. My son likes to play it with his friend. Personally, i think it's a bit boring.
But they improved a bit on the gameplay it seems.

Had someone else published this game it would not even get a review thread.

Even more nonsense.

What about nintendo?
I mean ive been seeing some obscure ass shit coming to switch getting threads just for tweeted announcements, hints...

And more than that knack has transcended, its less about it being a sony game and more about it being a meme

*Knack review thread*
So which way should we behave, being hyperbolic drama queens where the second a game falls a single point from an 8/10 to a 7/10, it becomes a shit pile?

Or like people that are pretending to like it because it's a Cerny/PS4 exclusive in one of the biggest in-jokes on the internet?

Or what if people can actually have fun with a 7/10? Impossible, I know!
Well knack is a ps4 exclusive after All.
Go on.

Please tell me which games didn't get a review thread that should have. Or which other games that got review threads that didn't deserve them. And why.

Or do you step into other first party releases and say "if Nintendo/MS/Sony hadn't published this, it would not even get a review thread"

Or is this just Sony that has your insecurities shook?

Top Bottom