• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack 2 review thread

So which way should we behave, being hyperbolic drama queens where the second a game falls a single point from an 8/10 to a 7/10, it becomes a shit pile?

Or like people that are pretending to like it because it's a Cerny/PS4 exclusive in one of the biggest in-jokes on the internet?

Or what if people can actually have fun with a 7/10? Impossible, I know!

I'm in it for the meme, but it's probably a genuinely solid game.

Not Drake

It's insane to see people are upset this wasn't completely destroyed by critics and want to turn the thread into another system wars bullshit battles by shaking fists at SonyGAF boogeyman. Shouldn't we all be glad it's a noticable improvement over the first game?

Loudninja

On the technical side seems solid
  • The single player video showing the opening of the game was recorded in 1080p with the game running in resolution mode. The game was locked at 30 fps when capturing.
  • The 2 high resolution vidéos show the main character with all the skills we unlocked in our first playthrough. Knack has access to attacks he would not normally have in the sequences shown here. Again, framerate was locked at 30 fps when we recorded them.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_we_re...en.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Protome

So which way should we behave, being hyperbolic drama queens where the second a game falls a single point from an 8/10 to a 7/10, it becomes a shit pile?

Or like people that are pretending to like it because it's a Cerny/PS4 exclusive in one of the biggest in-jokes on the internet?

Or what if people can actually have fun with a 7/10? Impossible, I know!

Go on.

It's a meme.
It's ok to have fun.
Video games are fun.

Y'all are taking a light hearted post a little too seriously.

That first review thread you're describing is a hyped AAA game in a wellknown franchise by recognized devs

We're talking about Knack here

This guy gets it.

MTC100

Banned
No surprises. Looks like people that liked the first one will love the second part, people that didn't like the first won't jump into the air for the second either.

qtbAtc9.png

knack-recovered92o2n.gif

Loudninja

Forbes 8/10
When you get down to brass tacks and scattered relics, Knack 2 is a nostalgic, if somewhat sterile, throwback to the happy-go-lucky titles we were getting in droves during the late ‘90s and early 2000s. You remember them. Games that valued feel over scope. No bloated budgets. No asinine season passes. All running, jumping and collecting. In that spirit, Knack 2 is innocent. It’s breezy. It’s full of eyeroll-worthy tropes and cartoonish melodrama. It’s goofy fantasy brimming with vibrant color and responsive controls. And Knack 2 pulls it all off with zero concern for weapons loadouts, downloadable content or online matchmaking. Why? Because there’s simply no need. For all intents and purposes, Mark Cerny’s sequel is one of the most ‘gamey’ video games I’ve played in recent memory and stands as a reminder of what I still consider to be the Golden Years of this industry. You bought a disc, you popped it in, you pressed ‘Power’ and damn it, you had fun.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/games/...w-bits-and-pieces-of-family-fun/#4f36ce977ae6

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

A Battle Royale game takes over the world.

A Mario and Rabbids game.

A Knack game that is good.

And people say 2017 isn't one of the best years in gaming in recent years.

Don't think that will happen anytime soon. The original still hasn't come up in the cycle.

Have you seen the PS+ games for October? 😊

Loudninja

Lots of content here for the price
It is fun though, and there’s a fair bit of content here. You’re looking at around 12 hours from start to finish to play through the story, which then unlocks New Game+, as well as a time attack mode that offers a host of bespoke challenges, and the ability to re-do any level to finish off sub-missions. I can definitely see the appeal of continuing on – I had a few more perks to unlock at the end of the story, and I was really enjoying having a full suite of combat abilities at my claw-tips.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/05/knack-2-review

ethomaz

Banned
While flawed in many aspects I had a lot of fun with the first game in hard difficult... it was challenging and interesting enough (and I payed pretty little last year).

I'm glad they improved every aspect of the game looking at the reviews.

A bit surprised by all these positive reviews. I didn't really enjoy my time with it that much. I found the mechanics to be incredibly simple and the game is really dragged out. There's a sequence in the beginning and after that a large part of the game is a flashback. When you finally get to that first part again you have to play the whole thing over again. It sucks and it is super repetitive.

morpix

Those that think it was a meme... I FUCKING LOVED Knack 1. Best balance of difficulty and old-school design. Cant wait for Knack 2 babay.

Is it finally Knack's time to shine?!

Better be on the lookout for when Knack 2 destroys Horizon and The Lost Legacy to become the GOTG.

Top Bottom