• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack |OT| Playin' Knack in my Tub!

I'm not sure why Sony is hiding these levels - the game looks like a lot of fun and this shows it off much better than the stroll through empty city they have mostly shown.

nib95

Banned
Knack hopefuls download the following vid.

http://filetrip.net/dl?FEED0zjcv9 - 720p

This video really impressed me. Lots of level variety, enemy diversity, beautiful visuals and good sound design. Still not exactly the deepest gameplay, but I do like how the variety in enemies forces different tactics in how you approach them. Eg memorising different patterns of attack or evade etc.

GeoramA

I'm not sure why Sony is hiding these levels - the game looks like a lot of fun and this shows it off much better than the stroll through empty city they have mostly shown.
Agreed. I think they show the city level a lot because it's Knack in maybe his biggest form. Which is why he moves so damn slow in it.

But yeah, there's legit platforming and some great looking environments in this.

Shinjiru

I really liked what I saw in that video. Killzone, Knack and Resogun is going to make for quite an entertaining weekend. I can't wait!

nib95

Banned
Captures from the video above. This one. http://filetrip.net/dl?FEED0zjcv9

Not the best quality, but I am seriously impressed with how far the visuals have come.

knack1.jpg~original

knack3.jpg~original

knack6.jpg~original

knack9.jpg~original

knack10.jpg~original

knack12.jpg~original

knack13.jpg~original

knack16.jpg~original

knack17.jpg~original

knack18.jpg~original

knack19.jpg~original

knack23.jpg~original

knack24.jpg~original

knack25.jpg~original

knack14.jpg~original

knack8.jpg~original

knack11.jpg~original

knack4.jpg~original

knack2.jpg~original

knack20.jpg~original

jett

D-Member
This game is a serious mixed bag graphically. Some areas look great while some other places might as well be PS3 footage, and not from a particularly good looking PS3 game.

Haluko

Im loving the look of the rocks in the video and alot of the outside areas. Im interested in seeing how the co-op plays out. I like the trend of letting a parent help a child play through a game. My daughter often get stuck but I dont want to take the joystick away from her. Its nice to help as a companion. Even though deep down Im a demon/dark souls guy with the mentality that shit should be hard, I dont want that for my kid lol.

Do defeated enemies still dissapear?

It's a game that's meant to be played by kids. Do you really want dead bodies lying around? None of the other games of this kind do, Jak, Ratchet, Sly, Crash, etc. It would be really weird if that was the case.

Hexa

All of those except for diamond are pretty cool! Could lend a fair amount of replayability.

Yeah. I wish they had one that was 1-1-1 purposely under powered for that purpose.
Diamond seems to be OP. Wonder what the point of it is. Just roaming around being OP does seem fun I guess if it's something hard to get.

It's a game that's meant to be played by kids. Do you really want dead bodies lying around? None of the other games of this kind do, Jak, Ratchet, Sly, Crash, etc. It would be really weird if that was the case.

I'd be fine with it. Just because other games don't doesn't mean this one has to. As a kid I always thought it would be cool as well. Hell, I thought it would be cool if I could see smushed bananas on Super Mario Kart but stuff like that never happened.

Krammy

I got a chance to play this today at a demo kiosk and was incredibly disappointed by just about everything. The gameplay felt a lot more stiff than I had imagined it, with Knack not moving as fast as I'd hoped. The graphics weren't nearly as smooth as I thought they would be either (although that might've been the fault of the television), and it just didn't leave me with a great impression.

I'm super disappointed because Knack was my most anticipated launch title. The silver lining is that I've heard a number of people complain about the demo version, but also a lot of people praising other (newer?) demos, so perhaps it was just a one-off.

Either way, when I arrived back home, the copy I ordered from Amazon was waiting for me, so there's no turning back now.

Having seen that extra bit of gameplay, I am way more excited for it now. And I love the unlockable stuff and collection parts.

I am pretty much sold on this game being awesome.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Yeah. I wish they had one that was 1-1-1 purposely under powered for that purpose.
Diamond seems to be OP. Wonder what the point of it is. Just roaming around being OP does seem fun I guess if it's something hard to get.

Styrofoam Knack hard mode. Come on Sony.

Also, diamond is probably for beating the game on the hardest difficulty or something equally tough.

Mifune

Mehmber
I got a chance to play this today at a demo kiosk and was incredibly disappointed by just about everything. The gameplay felt a lot more stiff than I had imagined it, with Knack not moving as fast as I'd hoped. The graphics weren't nearly as smooth as I thought they would be either (although that might've been the fault of the television), and it just didn't leave me with a great impression.

I'm super disappointed because Knack was my most anticipated launch title. The silver lining is that I've heard a number of people complain about the demo version, but also a lot of people praising other (newer?) demos, so perhaps it was just a one-off.

Either way, when I arrived back home, the copy I ordered from Amazon was waiting for me, so there's no turning back now.

For whatever reason, that demo build is very old. At least two builds older than what you'll be playing on Friday.

Mik317

I hope this is good lol.

It was between this and Lego Marvel. This got the nod because it is a "true" next gen game (also being free.99 helps).

Wasn't too impressed by it but the recent vids make it look pretty fun.

That b-roll footage showed some promising variety. The ONLY thing that really looked irksome was how the enemies simply disappeared. No special effect just straight up ghost, yuck.

Top Bottom