• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack |OT| Playin' Knack in my Tub!

Pop

ibayjELcF9iESb.gif

imp9fAH3oqdaa.gif

Knack.gif

ib0DlVQ1VcqV9g.gif

h4piSNd.gif

Loving it :)

Knack looks gorgeous. I knew I was going to buy this game when I first saw it but this here just cements that.

Binabik15

I'm getting the game.

I hope it is good. I hope I will enjoy it if it's good, even though I'm not too hot about the genre. I'm not expecting graphical or performance miracles from Sony Japan, though.

But hey, couch co-op and even Vita second screen co-op.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Getting this with the Amazon B2G1. Not too excited for it but more than willing to give it a fair shot for free.

Deap92x

Banned
I just played the game for a second time and I totally disagree with those people who claim this game looks like a PS3 game. The gameplay it's nothing we haven't seen, it reminds me to god of war but obviously withouth that kind of violence.

I was playing around in the GameStop kiosk demo and got the last piece of a relic. Now whenever Knack beats someone they drop that Sunstone stuff that charges his special moves. VERY nice. Charged his special abilities much faster and was able to use it multiple times.

Whenever I did the tornado I heard a few woah's behind me lol. The special abilities are actually real nice. Especially when his pieces all come back together. Very nice effects. Can't wait to see the final product and not just this E3 build.

- J - D -

It's nice that people are making gifs of pretty parts of the footage available, but how about some that showcases interesting combat? There's gotta be some footage of that somewhere, no?

exostar

Neo Member
I think Knack's sales just doubled because of the Target and Amazon sales today.

I think a lot of people are going to be happily surprised with Knack.

Jarsonot

Both Killzone and BF4 have Vita Remote Play icon on the back of their boxes (and BF4 has a Interconnectivity PS4 - Vita icon (?)) but Knack doesn't.

Strange, no?

Shrewder

Neo Member
Both Killzone and BF4 have Vita Remote Play icon on the back of their boxes (and BF4 has a Interconnectivity PS4 - Vita icon (?)) but Knack doesn't.

Strange, no?

I was in Best Buy over an hour ago, saw the box and also noticed no remote play icon. I haven't been following what features are a part of the game, but it would be odd that Knack, which was used to demo RP, doesn't allow remote play.

Jarsonot

I was in Best Buy over an hour ago, saw the box and also noticed no remote play icon. I haven't been following what features are a part of the game, but it would be odd that Knack, which was used to demo RP, doesn't allow remote play.

Seems like it was just a silly mistake as they've shown it off so much with the remote play feature.

Right, exactly what I'm thinking. I remember seeing a demo video showcasing remote play, with Knack as the game.

It's funny that a first-party game messes up it's official icons. (I'm guessing it is a screw-up, and that remote play is in)

Nick

I just chose COD: Ghosts instead of this game for my Amazon buy 2 get 1 free game... I hope I won't regret that decision.

Everdred

Add me to the additional sales because of the Amazon b2g1. Was always interested in the title but money was a little short. Can't wait to play it now.

Shrewder

Neo Member
Right, exactly what I'm thinking. I remember seeing a demo video showcasing remote play, with Knack as the game.

It's funny that a first-party game messes up it's official icons. (I'm guessing it is a screw-up, and that remote play is in)

My lazy butt took the time to look up the question and yes it does still have remote play, though the icon is not present on the packaging.

"If you own a PS Vita, there’s of course Remote Play, which can even work in conjunction with our two-player co-op. "

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/07/more-ways-to-play-knack-co-op-mode-mobile-app-detailed/

This has probably been covered in this thread, but the RP icon was news to me as well. ;-)

Seeing some of the new (to me) animated gif's that Bundy and others have posted, I think it will be a launch title I will now purchase.

I'm gonna go back to target and play until they kick me out. I need to get a better feel for this game. I think that the demo is limiting the true scope of the game though.

With all these B2G1 deals and Watch Doge and Driveclub out of the picture, looks like Knack is getting called up to the Launch Day big leagues. Preordered.

I just ordered this. :) The more I see, the more I think I'm really going to dig this.

Does anybody have a link to that video with the unintentionally hilarious commentary dialogue?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.

I tried Knack around a week ago in a local convention. It looked passable, nothing mindblowing, but it was clear that PS3 couldn't run this. The evinronments themselves looked realy bland, tough.

From the little I tried, gameplay was pretty fun. Evading enemy attacks felt natural with the analog stick (vers. Ryse's buttonmashing dodge roll). And yeah, I got killed with 2-3 hits (have no idea what difficulty I was playing with x)).

Probably buying this along with PS4, but only because it's launch title.

That's what I noticed. Environments were lifeless. Really let down. Maybe the small fraction I saw doesn't represent the whole.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Those gifs look pretty neat. I was skeptical of this game but then I remembered that I actually enjoyed Kameo despite all its flaws so I'll give this a whirl. I need something to play on my PS4.

Got it with the B1G1 offer. I was going to wait till it came to PS+, but egh, jumped on Knack and NFS. Basically, for 30 bucks each, not too bad.

Bring it on! So ready for Knack. Also excited to just see the final build. According to Mortimer and others the game has come a really long way from that E3 build that is currently on kiosks, a demo that now may be approaching 8 months old at this point. Seeing that a team has to break off and create a playable demo 2-3 months before it is due.

Also feel like there is a lot to the game we have been intentionally been kept from seeing and that leaves me wanting to know just how deep and diverse Knack will ultimately be.

Mumford

Hopefully this will be in the bargain bin by the time I get my PS4. Looks interesting but not $60 interesting to me.

Eusis

Damn, Sypro :( rip

1999637-activision_announces_skylanders_spyros_adventure.jpg
Skylanders is good, but it really would've been nice to have kept it separate from Spyro, I wonder how many kids even really notice/care about Spyro's prescence.

Ah well, it wouldn't matter much if Activision isn't inclined to make a reasonable arrangement with Sony anyway.

jwk94

Skylanders is good, but it really would've been nice to have kept it separate from Spyro, I wonder how many kids even really notice/care about Spyro's prescence.

Ah well, it wouldn't matter much if Activision isn't inclined to make a reasonable arrangement with Sony anyway.
I forgot that Spyro was in Skylanders...wow.

PaulloDEC

Guys, guys, stop everything.

ibo40OFrt1neAN.gif

That's right, at least some of the enemies in Knack don't just fade away into nothingness once you've taken them out. These guys have some kind of sweet blue "beam me up" kinda thing going on.

Top Bottom