• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja interview, Hyrule Warriors creation, wants Star Wars Musou

It's nice to want things.

It feels like something that has definitely been discussed amongst team members - even if it was just down the pub.

I know at one point we certainly had a laundry list of things, and our team definitely had talked about more realistic licenses, but yeah...then we had Troy.

Vlade

Would play.

I expect to be Natalie Portman smashing bots.

I've also started imagining lightsaber duels, seems like it would work.

Banned
Awwww yeah! Gimme a Star Wars Musou with wii remote plus controls for the lightsaber as an option!

Credo

Day 1 for Star Wars Musou. Would gladly maul thousands of horrifically inaccurate stormtroopers or rebels and would love to play a what-if scenario where the Empire wins.

The only thing I'd like more is an Ice & Fire musou.

Forkball

Can we please have any other genre? How about Smash clones? Or like, I don't know, SRPGs? Just anything but more musou.

A Star Wars Musou would be horrible. "You have come Obi Wan... Let us do battle as we once did in our youth!"
*You have defeated Darth Vader*
"We will meet again, Jedi Master!"
*Darth Vader has escaped*
*Imperial Forces have taken the Cantina*

Shengar

Can we please have any other genre? How about Smash clones? Or like, I don't know, SRPGs? Just anything but more musou.
Sadly, its seems that only Koei and Omega Force that interested in making collaboration like this, hence the Musou games.
A Star Wars Musou would be horrible. "You have come Obi Wan... Let us do battle as we once did in our youth!"
*You have defeated Darth Vader*
"We will meet again, Jedi Master!"
*Darth Vader has escaped*
*Imperial Forces have taken the Cantina*
That doesn't sounds too bad actually, especially if Darth Vader almost one shot you with his musou.

SykoTech

Meh. Not really interested in Star Wars Musou.

But I will be buying more One Piece Musou though, along with whatever Dead or Alive games they have coming up. So I guess KT can do as they please as long as I get those.

EDIT: A Marvel Musou actually sounds sorta appealing though. More than Disney Infinity anyway. I might take that.

TreIII

Have it take place back during the
now non-canon(?)
KOTOR timeframe, when a Sith v. Jedi war would make sense.

SerTapTap

Star Wars Musou would have the advantage that you can let the storm troopers attack constantly, just give them the accuracy they do in the movies and the player will never get hit

studyguy

GAF needs to understand Musou fans aren't going to listen to your criticism. We know what we like and what we're getting into.

Mesoian

When everything is Musou, then nothing will be.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Clone Wars Musou based off the TV show would sell gangbusters.

We need a compendium about all of the times Miyamoto has flipped the table. He did it in ALBW, but where else? Sticker Star?
Sticker Star yes. He told IS that he did not want any original characters created for Sticker Star.

Anyways, Gundam Musou makes sense cause robots. But Star Wars really makes zero sense.

Top Bottom