• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo finally moving on from Dead or Alive 5 (done with DLC)

Steam has buying everything costing $1,220.51 if you go the core fighters route, and that is with the Attack on Titan and Fairy Tail costume sets being discontinued. That is just outrageous!

Pachinko

I'd be more excited for the future of the series if they'd leave out the guest characters as well as the pandering nonsense BS like Honoka , Marie Rose and Nyutengu.

Ah well , ultimately the DLC sales and user base must have finally dropped off so it's time for a different game.

Wow, I hadn't realized they'd gone so far with all the cosmetic stuff. That's absolutely insane but at least now they can focus their resources on something else right? Or at least another fighting game that isn't overrun with a zillion cosmetic dlc's....from the start at least.

xviper

just how much it costs to buy DOA 5 + ALL the DLCs ?? i have never seen a game with as much costumes as DOA 5

They never upgraded the PC version with the XB1/PS4 features, did they? I think it didn't get some costumes or costume features because of the last gen engine limitations, as well.

Korigama

I'd be more excited for the future of the series if they'd leave out the guest characters as well as the pandering nonsense BS like Honoka , Marie Rose and Nyutengu.

Ah well , ultimately the DLC sales and user base must have finally dropped off so it's time for a different game.
They tried doing something different initially by introducing Mila, only for no one to really respond to her or the direction they wanted to take the series which she embodied. Therefore, they swung in the opposite direction by having those three be flashier and more geared toward fanservice, which clearly worked (with Marie Rose, Honoka, and Nyotengu managing to be popular enough to be voted into DoAX3, while Mila was left out in the cold).

Between that and people generally responding well to the guest characters, it's best to expect such things to remain the norm going forward.
Goty edition?
Not with the amount of DLC this has. LR's pretty much it for DoA5. Far more practical to cherry-pick content of interest than worry about having all of it.
They never upgraded the PC version with the XB1/PS4 features, did they? I think it didn't get some costumes or costume features because of the last gen engine limitations, as well.
That they did not.

i-Jest

Will wait for complete DLC package sale to role in, because it will come eventually. Fuck paying full price for all that stuff. Any chance we'll see a complete version of the game, with everything on disk? That would be ideal for me.

Korigama

Will wait for complete DLC package sale to role in, because it will come eventually. Fuck paying full price for all that stuff. Any chance we'll see a complete version of the game, with everything on disk? That would be ideal for me.
Sales on DLC packs occur periodically, but not for all of them at once (considering just how much of it there is and how much season passes go for, I have no reason to believe one including everything will ever become available). As said before, I wouldn't count on a version with all DLC included, physically or digitally.

Instead of $633 for all the DLC it will be $316.50.

FTFY, kyodai.
1134C9717975BDC344F3C7527E764FD8F775B21A

DOA6 is obviously a reality, maybe for 2019. I was in Japan this year for three months and DOA5 is really, REALLY popular at arcades. In fact, is the second most played Sega All.NET game after Guilty Gear Xrd and his updates.

I just can't ever see myself paying for all that DLC. Ever.

I'm sure there are some great costumes in there (I haven't checked) but I just don't have that kind of money to throw around!
Maybe. I just don't want to support them after they raped and killed Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden.

Razor's Edge is an attempt to cure huge, deep, festering wound with a plaster.

The reason is that I love Dead or Alive.
Wow...

I just can't ever see myself paying for all that DLC. Ever.

I'm sure there are some great costumes in there (I haven't checked) but I just don't have that kind of money to throw around!.
You can also buy them piecemeal, which is what I did. I'm not a Tournament Organizer and I'm not one of those "plays with everybody on the cast" type of people so I just bought costumes for the two characters I play and only the ones I liked.

And there are some GREAT costumes in there believe you me.

Korigama

You can also buy them piecemeal, which is what I did. I'm not a Tournament Organizer and I'm not one of those "plays with everybody on the cast" type of people so I just bought costumes for the two characters I play and only the ones I liked.

This. Best to just go after the ones you like for the characters you play (works for me).

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Holy shit at Fitness Tina. RIP my wallet.

cireza

Even if they are expensive, there a number of costumes and sets that are really good.

Really enjoyed the "fantasy" ones, like Deception, Tamiki Wakaki, Falcom etc...

And if you don't buy any additional costumes, you still get a ton of them in the default game.

Top Bottom