• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo finally moving on from Dead or Alive 5 (done with DLC)

Nasbin

DLC for Last Round has been an ongoing affair. Currently in its seventh season, the total cost for all of the game's DLC is an extremely affordable $633.

Important subtext to this: the cost of acquiring all DLC is measurable in clear terms. A good thing people have taken for granted in recent years. Can't say this for all these loot box games where the average cost for acquiring all DLC or even just individual skins may well be higher but is obfuscated by hidden probabilities and people's flawed intuition for chance.

Didn't DOA5 hit the Xbox 360 and PS3 DLC limit for storage space? I'm sure the limit wasn't massive, but that still sounds like they take up a good portion of space.
I'm fairly sure it was because of the sheer amount of DLC items available not the actual size of them though I could be wrong.

Tyaren

Finally! :D

tumblr_oj5nbbPz9K1u34qwao1_500.gif

The DLC support for this game sure was something (are they in the Guinnnes Book for that already?), but now it really is time to move on...
...to DOA6, to be precise! Gimme DOA6 now! O:

Is it finally time for actually big butts? And butt physics?
DoA6 can't handle the butts.
Q: Do you have any plans to use soft engine 2.0 on other games?

Hayashi: Actually, we were thinking we could use this for 'a certain game' so we lend them this engine but they said 'this engine's butt processing is way too heavy!' and couldn't use it. But in the end we will have customized soft engine 2.0 for that project.

Korigama

Is it finally time for actually big butts? And butt physics?

Cuz clearly these games aren't about anything but fanservice anymore
DoAX isn't at this point (consensus seems to be that only the first was an actual decent volleyball game), but DoA5 is a legitimately good fighting game.

You can also buy them piecemeal, which is what I did. I'm not a Tournament Organizer and I'm not one of those "plays with everybody on the cast" type of people so I just bought costumes for the two characters I play and only the ones I liked.

And there are some GREAT costumes in there believe you me.

NjDhD3L.png

Oh man. That Tina costume is nice. Sexy, colorful and 80's cheesy.
If DoA6 makes it to PC/Steam, I hope TN support it properly this time. The lack of online lobbies and no option to buy costumes individually, stopped me from buying DLC on Steam. Mods are great, but its fun to show off official outfits to online opponents too... yeah, if there were lobbies to play in.

Oh man. That Tina costume is nice. Sexy, colorful and 80's cheesy.
If DoA6 makes it to PC/Steam, I hope TN support it properly this time. The lack of online lobbies and no option to buy costumes individually, stopped me from buying DLC on Steam. Mods are great, but its fun to show off official outfits to online opponents too... yeah, if there were lobbies to play in.

Warriors All-stars has a good port (it probably runs best on PC) so they seem to be learning. Or maybe my hope is eternal.

Gradon

giphy.gif

I hated that they just cash cowed this game for 5 years now. DLC ruined the series.

Here's hoping DoA6 isn't the same but I'm not holding my breath.

Warriors All-stars has a good port (it probably runs best on PC) so they seem to be learning. Or maybe my hope is eternal.
I'm going off-topic a bit, but is that actually a good Musou game?

As ridiculous as it may sound, after platting Pirate Warriors 3 a few months back, I kinda feel like I need a new Musou game.

I'm going off-topic a bit, but is that actually a good Musou game?

As ridiculous as it may sound, after platting Pirate Warriors 3 a few months back, I kinda feel like I need a new Musou game.

I haven't had a chance to play much but the review consensus seems to be that it's a Warriors Spinoff Game, so not notably bad or good. So if you like Musuo and don't mind Warriors Spinoffs it's worth looking at, otherwise probably not.

Vlaphor

DOA5 and all of the addons is probably is my favorite fighting game of all time...but I'm definitely ready for the future, and the character models from DOAX3 have me very excited for what's next, especially when DOA6 is designed from the ground up for PS4 (and maybe XBone and PC).

BasilZero

I guess its a good time for me to get the actual game + character DLCs.

No point in getting the costumes......too much X_X

ajjow

Can you at least play with the girls naked!? So much DLc with the wrong content...

Actually, they should do that: if you buy all the dlc, you are so crazy you deserve to play the naked mode. Here is your code... perv

s_mirage

What irritates me is that once they'd seen the overwhelmingly negative reaction (exacerbated by a lack of openness before launch), K-T could have ported missing content from the console versions of DoA5 to the PC version after launch, as well as allowing people to buy individual costumes. That would have repaired a lot of the damage done to their reputation and likely made them more money in the long run, but no, that would make too much sense.

Even if their more recent ports are good, it's quite hard to shake that ill will when they never really made up for their original mistakes.

Setsuna

Can you at least play with the girls naked!? So much DLc with the wrong content...

Actually, they should do that: if you buy all the dlc, you are so crazy you deserve to play the naked mode. Here is your code... perv

Why would you want to to do that?

Zyrox

Don't play DoA but I don't know why people get so worked up over the price of all the DLC combined. In a fighting game you usually only play a few characters so you'd obviously only buy costumes for those. And even then probably not every costume is appealing. No need to buy everything.

I haven't had a chance to play much but the review consensus seems to be that it's a Warriors Spinoff Game, so not notably bad or good. So if you like Musuo and don't mind Warriors Spinoffs it's worth looking at, otherwise probably not.
I see.

I guess I'll just wait for Dynasty Warriors 9 then.

Vlaphor

I've bought a fair amount of costumes for DOA5 over the years, but nowhere near all of them. I generally had very strict rules in terms of which costumes I would buy.

Is it a Rachel costume?
Is it a Tina costume?
Is it a Lisa costume?
Does it have generous side/underboob?

As you can see, I have incredibly discerning tastes

Here's hoping DoA6 isn't the same but I'm not holding my breath.

There is literally zero chance that DoA6 isn't the same. They made bank with the DLC here.

We'd be better off waiting for the inevitable Ultimate release and at least get a few of the DLC clothes and characters for "free".

s_mirage

Just make better colorful stages and bring the awesome music back.

I might be in the minority, but I'd like them to bring Aerosmith back. Nine Lives, Eat The Rich, and Amazing worked really well where they played in DoA 3 and 4.

Not much chance of it happening without Itagaki coming back though.

Top Bottom