• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima reveals Ludens figures.

The power of Kojima overhype.

I guess so. Honestly given his output for his last three games he needs to prove himself IMO. There may have been reasons for the flaws in MGS5, but PW and 4 are all on him. Obviously his game will sell on his name alone but personally I need to see what Death Stranding actually is. As it stands we have an interesting concept shown to us and no real solid detail other than the gameplay type will change after a while, which honestly sounds pretty dreadful.

AAMARMO

Banned
More Pics
Cn6Ki1mXEAA46A2.jpg
Cn6Ki4qWIAEvv-i.jpg

taoofjord

I guess so. Honestly given his output for his last three games he needs to prove himself IMO. There may have been reasons for the flaws in MGS5, but PW and 4 are all on him. Obviously his game will sell on his name alone but personally I need to see what Death Stranding actually is. As it stands we have an interesting concept shown to us and no real solid detail other than the gameplay type will change after a while, which honestly sounds pretty dreadful.

Didn't know about that. I think that sounds bold and exciting which is exactly the kind of thing I want from Kojima. Plus, MGSV's gameplay was brilliant so I have no reason to worry about one part being less engaging than the other.

Shy

Am I the only one who finds this kinda ridiculous? It's just a company mascot. It's not related to Death Stranding at all according to Kojima...

Not trying to be a buzzkill. Kojima just seems to blow everything out of proportion to me.

Didn't know about that. I think that sounds bold and exciting which is exactly the kind of thing I want from Kojima. Plus, MGSV's gameplay was brilliant so I have no reason to worry about one part being less engaging than the other.

I agree it's a very bold idea but my instant concern was that one of the two types would be a shallow experience as a result. I guess my first thought was a long multi hour linear intro and then the real game begins with the actual mechanics afterwards, kind of like the MGSV intro but longer and with a small amount of its own mechanics. I do agree that MGSV had extremely solid gameplay and I'd hope for something as versatile from him next, just I'd rather it without a slog at the beginning and more consistency in the story than MGSV.

Whompa02

Looks cool! So are these figures part of Death Stranding?

They certainly line up with the floating figures in the sky ;)

i dont know if Kojima is Crazy or a Genius, probably both

Hideo Kojima: Insane(ly Intelligent)

I think most people aren't seeing the underlying reason for the figures. Kojima used to make a spectacle for his games that would give them ridiculous amounts of hype and anticipation. Making figures for a game company that hasn't produced a game is just an extension of that; He really comes off as larger than life.

It's just your typical Kojima mind fuck.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
These look pretty awesome

I'd honestly be more comfortable buying them if they were just a mascot and not actually something from a game we know nothing about.

They all look lovely. The Nendoroids are adorable!

These look pretty awesome

I'd honestly be more comfortable buying them if they were just a mascot and not actually something from a game we know nothing about.

Ludens is the company mascot. The skinny figure Shinkawa is posing with, I'm not so sure about.

mollipen

Am I the only one who finds this kinda ridiculous? It's just a company mascot. It's not related to Death Stranding at all according to Kojima...

One of the most popular Japan-related items in the US a handful of years ago was goods based on the mascot (Domo-kun) of a TV station. Hello Kitty is popular worldwide and became so when there was little more than the character itself with no related media to attach her to.

There's absolutely nothing new or weird about this, especially for Japanese companies. Honestly, I see it as something to (a) help spread the world about Kojima's new studio and (b) maybe help give that studio some extra funding, neither of which bother me in any way.

DevilFox

First the t-shirt and the cup, now the figures. He's got his priorities straight. Nice looking though.

This is Kojima. He has nothing to prove.

That's just arrogance. No one gets a free pass, from Miyazaki to Mikami or Kamiya, Miyamoto, Aonuma and Sakurai, let alone Kojima.

Not trying to be a buzzkill. Kojima just seems to blow everything out of proportion to me.

Clearly not, but as a collector, I'll take as much Yoji Shinkawa designed plastics as I can. I don't see anything wrong with it, it's not like there's no demand for it, otherwise you wouldn't see people already wearing t-shirts all over the globe featuring the Ludens-skull. It's just a cool design, and Kojima and Shinkawa have friends in every industry of japan, it's no surprise they have a toy company cooking something up already. It's worth mentioning that these are on display at SDCC, where toy prototypes are shown sometimes a year before they are actually even available for purchase, if they ever even make it to market they are prototypes afterall.

First the t-shirt and the cup, now the figures. He's got his priorities straight. Nice looking though.

Yes because the actual game development team is producing the merchandise right?.... 0_o You do understand that you would outsource this kind of thing right?

Also if you already have the design, there is absolutely no work left in having a t-shirt/cup made, I could slap a picture of my ass on a mug and shirt right now and have it delivered by the weekend without making a dent in my daily productivity.

Top Bottom