• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Kojima Station] Metal Gear Solid V: E3 Sneak Peek - June 5, 2014, 8 AM (EDT)

and we haven't even seen the new Metal Gear Online yet!

1398199198214.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Spaghetti

You have got to be kidding me... you are the one who started with the hyberbolic name calling and I am being rude? Seriously?

Also, you still dont understand what I am talking about!!

I seriously cant do anything more. I will simply post the pics and then, hopefully you will understand that surely those particular textures could use a bit of refinement, and that even by last gen standards they are ugly. Besides Kojima said it himself that GZ on PS4 runs in 1080p and 60 fps with room to spare. And it isnt particularly hard to improve subject textures.
i called you out for being hyperbolic, which is what you were being.

i understand completely what you're saying, and it is still incorrect.

that room to spare is what is keeping the 60fps absolutely rock steady on both current gen platforms. this is not a case of "tighten up the graphics on level 3", they cannot magically improve texture quality because there is some overhead in the hardware they're using to maintain a stable frame rate.

ps4 - ps3

ps4 - ps3

i rest my case.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Visually it's looking noticeably better than GZ. DoF and motion blur are considerably improved and some nice lighting. Can't wait to see more.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Visually it's looking noticeably better than GZ. DoF and motion blur are considerably improved and some nice lighting. Can't wait to see more.

Also keep in mind this video is from a stream recorded lol. Not even direct footage, game will look amazing
on PS4.

valkyre

i called you out for being hyperbolic, which is what you were being.

i understand completely what you're saying, and it is still incorrect.

that room to spare is what is keeping the 60fps absolutely rock steady on both current gen platforms. this is not a case of "tighten up the graphics on level 3", they cannot magically improve texture quality because there is some overhead in the hardware they're using to maintain a stable frame rate.

ps4 - ps3

ps4 - ps3

i rest my case.

No... you don't understand. Here are the pics. Look at this and tell me that it is the best thing that can be achieved... Also I'd like to point out that I never said that ALL textures are bad. In fact I specifically said that SOME textures, mainly on rocks etc are really fugly and that they don't even look like textures that would be acceptable by last gen standards.

And yes even at 1080p 60 fps I don't think that these can't be better:

BpYJaZTIgAI0Pu8.jpg:orig

BpYJeWKIYAAeFDr.jpg:orig

BpYJiOnIgAA2rz0.jpg:orig

BpYJWHvIgAAg25b.jpg:orig

The pics speak for themselves. The game has SOME really ugly textures that would even stir up conversation even by last gen standards (NO I am not comparing GZ PS3 version with PS4)

Surely PS4 can do better than that...

I rest my case as well...

Dude, it's 1080p 60fps locked (if GZ is anything to go by) with a freakin' massive map on a console.

My friend check my post history. I adore this game, i find the graphics fine really, I only said that some texture work is really sub par and the only other technical issue i have with the game is the clipping and pop in. Other than that I love how the games feels and even looks and I think that fox engine's lighting is among the best ever. But surely MGSV is held back due to being cross gen. But seriously I believe that this

BpYJaZTIgAI0Pu8.jpg:orig

can be improved in the ps4 version.

Batzi

Banned
If they ditch the PS3/360 versions I'd start worrying about losing 60FPS in the current-gen versions, but since they seem to be sticking to their guns I've got a good feeling.

Exactly this. Plus why would they ditch the PS3 version when the latter is outselling the PS4 version in Japan? In fact, the PS3 version of GZ sold a lot of copies worldwide. They should ditch the Xbox versions current & last instead since those didn't sell, at all.

Spaghetti

No... you don't understand. Here are the pics. Look at this and tell me that it is the best thing that can be achieved... Also I'd like to point out that I never said that ALL textures are bad. In fact I specifically said that SOME textures, mainly on rocks etc are really fugly and that they don't even look like textures that would be acceptable by last gen standards.
you must have some damn strong nostalgia glasses if you don't think there were textures last gen that looked so much worse than the ones you posted. for instance here are rocks in the same area as your pictures and surprise surprise, it looks absolutely inferior to the current gen versions.

The pics speak for themselves. The game has SOME really ugly textures that would even stir up conversation even by last gen standards (NO I am not comparing GZ PS3 version with PS4)
but the the ps3 version of gz is a last gen game. not only is it a last gen game, it's also the same game as the current gen version and a better comparison in terms of variable quality. you cannot compare an open world title with a lot of dynamic lighting to say, a corridor shooter like gears of war. you cannot say "oh these textures can be better because X game had better textures" when both games are entirely different.

the ps4 isn't actually the powerhouse you think it is, and i absolutely refute the idea that kojima productions are holding back when it's clear they're crafting the appropriate assets to maintain that rock steady 60fps on current gen.

valkyre

you must have some damn strong nostalgia glasses if you don't think there were textures last gen that looked so much worse than the ones you posted. for instance here are rocks in the same area as your pictures and surprise surprise, it looks absolutely inferior to the current gen versions.

but the the ps3 version of gz is a last gen game. not only is it a last gen game, it's also the same game as the current gen version and a better comparison in terms of variable quality. you cannot compare an open world title with a lot of dynamic lighting to say, a corridor shooter like gears of war. you cannot say "oh these textures can be better because X game had better textures" when both games are entirely different.

the ps4 isn't actually the powerhouse you think it is, and i absolutely refute the idea that kojima productions are holding back when it's clear they're crafting the appropriate assets to maintain that rock steady 60fps on current gen.

So in other words you are just saying that Kojima has maxed out the potential of PS4 through a cross gen title?

Really?

Allow me to completely and 100% disagree. Besides even kojima himself said that the game might not look as impressive because the tech used has been with last gen in mind...

And yes i am talking always about open world and 1080p and 60fps. Its not because the ps4 is a powerhouse but because such textures remind me personally of some ps2/xbox quality. And no not all textures are like this ofc. Just some.

Ps: the fact that you keep comparing the ps4 version with the ps3 one when i originally never even bothered with this, proves that you did not understand my point.

JayEH

You should test that theory out on Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes
Or literally any MGS game

They do eventually go for the weapon in MGS2 I think.

I'm watching the clip again and it's so funny/cool to hear how excited Kojima gets with the box. I was scared that TPP would take out all the quirkiness given the tone but the "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER" from the box gives me some hope we'll see some more stuff like that in the final game.

Spaghetti

So in other words you are just saying that Kojima has maxed out the potential of PS4 through a cross gen title?
kojima has maxed out the potential of the ps4 for a 1080p/stable 60fps, open world, cross gen, multi-platform mgsv, yes. i have every confidence they have done all they can for the experience they want to craft, they could theoretically have better textures for a 30fps 720p corridor shooter game, but THEY ARE NOT MAKING THAT GAME. that is not mgsv. creating games is modular, it is not one size fits all. it's very easy for you to say "these textures could be better" when you don't seem to grasp the concept that not all games are created equal. it's hyperbolic.

And yes i am talking always about open world and 1080p and 60fps. Its not because the ps4 is a powerhouse but because such textures remind me personally of some ps2/xbox quality. And no not all textures are like this ofc. Just some.
even with high quality emulation, environmental ps2/xbox textures don't look better than those rock textures at all. more hyperbole.

Ps: the fact that you keep comparing the ps4 version with the ps3 one when i originally never even bothered with this, proves that you did not understand my point.
i compare the ps3 version with the ps4 version because it's the same game, and the ps3 version is still a last gen game. you can't say "these textures are worse than in last gen games" when there is a last gen version of the game that has considerably worse textures than the current gen version. the last gen version is the best example for comparison.

valkyre

kojima has maxed out the potential of the ps4 for a 1080p/stable 60fps, open world, cross gen, multi-platform mgsv, yes. i have every confidence they have done all they can for the experience they want to craft....

Yeah... I stopped reading there... Talk about hyperbole...

So i guess the best thing Naughty Dog could accomplish at 30 fps 720 res on ps3 was Uncharted 1 right?

I guess uncharted 3 which was also 720p and 30 fps looks worse...and gtaiv looks better than gtav correct?

Same applies to all 30 fps 720p 1st generation ps3 games right? Looks like your logic is flawed...

Top Bottom