• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima working on new " Super Confidential Project "

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's going to be MGSV action figures and a clothing line.

Watch...

...just fucking watch

32628-header.jpg

mgsv-skull-face-play-wrc4z.jpg

Fuck, Skull Face looks awesome.

Sn4ke_911

Seeing as you have a Snake avatar, like me, you should know that there are plenty of characters who wear long overcoats like Skull Face.

I personally think it's Volgin. The burns. I don't think the outfit means anything particularly.

So? that's why i said "Maybe".

Also you saying this being Volgin isn't that much better lol. No way in hell is this Volgin but we'll see, no one knows for sure yet.

or maybe he's a completely new character.

image_304692_16x9_940.jpg

Batzi

Banned
I don’t want to hype it but then again let’s discuss the possibilities and narrow it down to something that Kojima didn’t tackle yet.

1- It’s not a new IP. It is still MGSV related, 100%.
2- Not extra side-ops missions like Deja Vu or Jamais Vu. It's not Ground Zeroes related. The game is going Gold in the coming weeks.
3- Last time he teased a “Secret Project” it was Project Ogre and that turned out to be The Phantom Pain.
4- Kojima discussed episodic releases. MGSV is composed of several episodes; 2 of which were confirmed already.
5- MGO3 is being developed by KP LA so the meeting would have been there (LA) if it was MGO3 related.
6- KP JP is only working on the single player experience so it can’t be anything related to online/multiplayer features.

That leaves me with a few choices and I can only think of one that is as big of a deal as Kojima makes it sounds and that is a 3rd episode from the MGSV experience which is the Epilogue.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
All of the franchises are finally coming together...

In order to combat a new global threat called Snatchers, Snake will use the newly created AI known as Aida to pilot their orbital frame Jehuty to combat the newest mobile battle tank, Metal Gear Carlos.

Players will be required to go outside to harness the power of the sun to charge Jehuty using a new exclusive peripheral called "the thing you'll use once and then toss aside because it actually makes the game harder similar to the Solid Eye," or "Sun Thing" for short.

Batzi

Banned
"experiment" presentation.

You don't know that for sure.

Might also be related to something he said last year

Specifically for the next-gen and Metal Gear Solid V, it’s not necessarily about breaking the fourth wall, but we do have a big surprise for the players in this game. We have challenged and pushed ourselves with something that movies can’t do but only games can do. It hasn’t been done before.

Source: Neogaf censored the source for some reason.

He can't be working on a new IP when he's not done with MGSV which is already a huge project.

Imm0rt4l

I hope Kojima pulls an MGS2 at least once more in his life.

Honestly, I hope that's what he's doing with mgsv. A lot of conspiracies about the trailers and possible misdirection from them. Granted there has been way more shown of mgsv than there was of sons of liberty so far. I think it's better when he doesn't show all his cards like he did with mgs4, he showed entirely too much of the game prior to release.

this is the guy that worked on a 3DS port of his old game
I be he is trolling again and porting some old thing to Wii U while his new game hits everything else

Sn4ke_911

The views and comments on that page disagree with you.

I see 2 comments (1 is from your hybrid games guys), 4 likes and 2 dislikes. Not that big of a stunner tbh.

Spaghetti

y'know, most people in this thread assume kojima is project lead on whatever this is

he could be just producing

if anything we should be figuring out who the people in the photo are instead of dwelling on kojima posting it

Batzi

Banned
y'know, most people in this thread assume kojima is project lead on whatever this is

he could be just producing

if anything we should be figuring out who the people in the photo are instead of dwelling on kojima posting it
Do you know any good sophisticated face recognition software?

Toparaman

Banned
Kojima has already said that he sees MGS as a way to do new things within an existing IP. We'll see how that approach goes in MGSV.

Anyway, I second the calls for a Snatcher remake/sequel. That cyberpunk world realized in the Fox Engine...drool.

The onIy thing is that Snatcher was too derivative of Blade Runner and The Terminator. They got away with it back then, but I don't think they would now. Really I just want to see Kojima do a cyberpunk, tech-noir game.

kurbaan

Banned
srsly, this pic is so damn stupid.

both wear tie, coat with buttons and have a chin?

must be the same character.

and even if, why would he wear that same stupid coat?

This is just the tip of the iceberg. MGS always brings with it the carnival of stupid on GAF.

I'd love anything Snatcher-related or even if it was just like an HD re-release of Snatcher or a U.S. release of Policenaughts. A new IP would also be amazing.

I wonder if it's MGO related though? I'm thinking TPP isn't going to release until at least 2015. They've got Ground Zeroes this year. I could see the next iteration of MGO being released as a standalone product. They could easily monetize it. I mean that's why they are releasing Ground Zeroes first right? Because TPP is still a ways off and they need something to generate some revenue? I'm probably completely wrong though.

Top Bottom