• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima working on new " Super Confidential Project "

I'm hoping this is finally the game that takes place entirely in Big Boss's coma.
Metal Gear Coma: Persistant, Vegetative action.

sleuthy

Neo Member
I don't get why people are acting so jaded in this thread, pretty much every MGS that has come out has been stellar with MGS4 being debatable (I riked it alright) and it's not like they're coming all that often either.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Yeah really, I mean he has only had the game of the generation for every Playstation console so far.
You misunderstood me. MGS is my favourite game series...I just gave Kojima the biggest compliment a game designer could get. What I am getting at is that he has the talent to make a new IP that captures the imagination just as MGS did in 1998.

Does Nintendo own the rights to this remake since Twin Snake? Or do you think it was just a one off remake without an exclusivity deal a la the Ninja Gaiden series?
No exclusivity deal. This'll be a FOX Engine remake for PS4 and possibly XBone.

You misunderstood me. MGS is my favourite game series...I just gave Kojima the biggest compliment a game designer could get. What I am getting at is that he has the talent to make a new IP that captures the imagination just as MGS did in 1998.

No exclusivity deal. This'll be a FOX Engine remake for PS4 and possibly XBone.

Haha, yeah sorry i did misread it a bit. originally read it as Kojima and Miyomoto were wasting away lol.

I don't get why people are acting so jaded in this thread, pretty much every MGS that has come out has been stellar with MGS4 being debatable (I riked it alright) and it's not like they're coming all that often either.

I, for one, am a huge fan of MGS.
I used to wait with anticipiation every annoucement and trailer.
He was good.
The whole thing around the release of MGS2 and the way he "played" the gamers was masterful and fun.
But now, I am tired, tired of him trying to hype every bullshit, announcing crappy skins, prologues and whatever...

It's like a girl coming out of the bathroom, in very sexy underwear, I start to get excited, and the she dresses and walks out of the room.

Kojima is cock blocking me now.

please, just release the Phantom Pain, then take some vacations and come back with secret projects...

rvy

Banned

Because it's like having a great inventor having to spend his life working on things always relating to his invention.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Because it's like having a great inventor having to spend his life working on things always relating to his invention.

I remember reading that this is why the Katamari creator left Namco. It's like being typecasted.

Again not that I don't mind MGS, my favourite game series. But Kojima is clearly talented enough to make something new that is just as good as MGS.

Miyamoto is the same.

HIS last. Not Konami's last.

we have heard this nonsense several times before, not going to fall for it again. kojima will keep making MGS games until he retires, mark my words. he may take a break or make a different/new IP game after MGS5 but in the end he will return to the series

RaikuHebi

Banned
we have heard this nonsense several times before, not going to fall for it again. kojima will keep making MGS games until he retires, mark my words. he may take a break or make a different/new IP game after MGS5 but in the end he will return to the series

I didn't mean that this will be his last, but that Konami can make MGS without Kojima if they wanted to.

Guess he saw my post in the James Bond thread recommending him for the series. God speed Kojima.

Jesus. That'd be the Square + Enix = Chrono Trigger of action games.

Zachi

Banned
Kojima is a fucking troll, first couple of times were funny, after that his trolls are getting tiresome,

It may be a new Snatcher game.

Kojima's been "Snatching-it-up" lately, tweeting about how it was Snatcher and not MGS that inspired other media luminaries on their respective creative paths and also the "Jamais Vu" mission in MGS:GZ features Snatchers.

He also did the "Sdatcher" drama prequel with Suda 51 in 2011.

I'd rather play that than another Metal Gear, to be honest.

It is obvious, Silent Hill 9.

Kojima said it multiple times that he is interested to make a survival horror game, and if not he may lend hi FOX Engine, heck maybe just a producer or something like he was on Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

RangerBAD

Zone of the Enders 3...

Itshappening.gif

on phones and tablets.

tumblr_m0myttPy9N1qzr9qko1_500.gif

Jawmuncher

It is obvious, Silent Hill 9.

Kojima said it multiple times that he is interested to make a survival horror game, and if not he may lend hi FOX Engine, heck maybe just a producer or something like he was on Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

This is my hope as well. I think Kojima could pull off a Silent Hill game.
Especially in the atmosphere and story parts.

Batzi

Banned
MGSV has its Prologue (Ground Zeroes) and Kojima is probably working on the 3rd episode of the MGSV experience which is the Epilogue.

Last time he teased a "Super Confidential Project" it turned to be Project Ogre which is The Phantom Pain.

Top Bottom