• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima's "Overdose" Project Screens Leaked in Pvt discord (yes they are potato)

SoraNoKuni

We are certain that the gameplay involves some cloud technology, also we are certain that it's meant to be played on the go as well, it's weird, underwhelming for core gamers and that's probably why Sony didn't even bother, doesn't seem like a system seller title but something experimental and... I guess, maybe, Interesting.

A lot have leaked about it, I think it'll probably use arg mechanics as in sending you emails or sms(calls even?) And it'll try to blur reality and fiction.

Also a while back Kojima was ranting about how media consumption has moved on from big screens to mobile devices and how a lot of people consume movies and series in chunks on the go, gaming has transitioned to that as well but I think Kojima sees a gap and an opportunity there.
I guess that's the episodic nature of this game, bite sized horror content on the go.

Meh.

Don Carlo

This part was true horror:
gp5W5QU.jpg
Legend

Thirty7ven

Banned
We are certain that the gameplay involves some cloud technology, also we are certain that it's meant to be played on the go as well, it's weird, underwhelming for core gamers and that's probably why Sony didn't even bother, doesn't seem like a system seller title but something experimental and... I guess, maybe, Interesting.

A lot have leaked about it, I think it'll probably use arg mechanics as in sending you emails or sms(calls even?) And it'll try to blur reality and fiction.

Also a while back Kojima was ranting about how media consumption has moved on from big screens to mobile devices and how a lot of people consume movies and series in chunks on the go, gaming has transitioned to that as well but I think Kojima sees a gap and an opportunity there.
I guess that's the episodic nature of this game, bite sized horror content on the go.

Meh.

The whole “change games and movies forever” from Kojima also makes sense now. IMO he’s treading on Molineux ice now, where the concept on paper sounds ten times more interesting than what is actually achievable.

Also shows a profound lack of understanding of the mobile market. People don’t seek cinematic experiences on mobile, and horror simply does not work on such a small screen. Maybe some type of AR type horror take on Pokémon Go could be interesting, where all of a sudden a dozen people are breaking into a house to catch a ghost but that’s about it.

SoraNoKuni

The whole “change games and movies forever” from Kojima also makes sense now. IMO he’s treading on Molineux ice now, where the concept on paper sounds ten times more interesting than what is actually achievable.

Also shows a profound lack of understanding of the mobile market. People don’t seek cinematic experiences on mobile, and horror simply does not work on such a small screen. Maybe some type of AR type horror take on Pokémon Go could be interesting, where all of a sudden a dozen people are breaking into a house to catch a ghost but that’s about it.
Since he is not putting all his eggs in the same basket and actually he, himself, understanding that this is a gamble move(considering the way he talks about this project) I wouldn't call him Molyneux just yet, but yeah, as much as I love Kojima he certainly has that egotistical protagonist attitude.

Top Bottom