• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Classic Series: Arcade Hits DS

Agent X

DavidDayton said:
I know I'm replying to a message from several months ago, but Konami's Arcade Advanced is the only GBA game I know of that appeared to have at least three rereleases, each with different box art.

I've seen two completely different package designs for this game, but are you saying there are even more? I've never seen the others.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Agent X said:
I've seen two completely different package designs for this game, but are you saying there are even more? I've never seen the others.

Well, I have the original box.. which, if I remember correctly, is the yellow background with game titles. I've seen two OTHER versions of the box art at Wal-Mart: one features cartoon versions of game characters plastered over the cover, and the OTHER one escapes me at the moment... a google image search reveals a third box art with an arcade unit and a list of games, but I can't recall if that's the other version I saw.

SonicMegaDrive said:
Spppeeeaking of which, outside of the NES original, has that version of Contra ever been re-released for any console? I can't think of any time that it has.

I think the NES version was on Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra for the PC.

Which my dad bought a few months ago from Big Lots for like $2.

jgkspsx

the year 20XX said:
I think the NES version was on Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra for the PC.
I was going to mention that, but he said console. It's still worth picking up, though, as you can get it dirt cheap, and then you don't have to YARGH! and feel guilty about it.

womp

DavidDayton said:
Well, I have the original box.. which, if I remember correctly, is the yellow background with game titles. I've seen two OTHER versions of the box art at Wal-Mart: one features cartoon versions of game characters plastered over the cover, and the OTHER one escapes me at the moment... a google image search reveals a third box art with an arcade unit and a list of games, but I can't recall if that's the other version I saw.

I'd seen the two (Orange/yellow front and the cartoony one that came out about a year ago) and have owned the original box myself since launch. Perhaps the third is PAL box art? Never seen it.

The GBA edition was very nicely done but lack of Hi-Score save IMO hurt it a LOT. That was the main objective in the games in the collection, to achieve the high score, and you couldn't even really do that. This DS collection is going to rock my world because not only does it HAVE Hi-Score saving but you can wireless transmit it as well.

Complete ownage.

Top Bottom