• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami FY 2015/2016 Q3: MGS V Shipment Tops 6 Million

It was at 5 million shipped by the end of Q2 (September 2015). So that 1 million shipped in October - December 2015.
liWcbUM.png

Pipleline

https://www.konami.com/ir/en/ir-data/meeting/2016/en0129_un36wg.pdf
https://www.konami.com/ir/en/ir-data/statements/2016/en0129_w6ykn8.pdf

SJRB

Gold Member
Usually with these kind of numbers I'd say something like "nice, good for them", but considering this is Konami, and this is MGSV, I'm struggling to find anything positive to say.

Vasili2K38

Even with its tacked on online shenanigans and the "incomplete" Chapter 2, its an amazing game. One of the best stealth sandbox games ever made. But for Konami even with this numbers it will be a waste of money -_- .

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If she were fully submerged in water, yes. Typically showering doesn't do that :p

Also she drinks through her skin, so... :p

I would think quite a lot of water must reach her lungs in this case. Yes, she still can breathe in some air, but putting lots of water into your lungs isn't really helping :(.

JayEH

Well Konami may still be horrible for all the shit they've done to the game post launch (and during dev) but it's still a great game and I'm glad that it's doing well.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I would think quite a lot of water must reach her lungs in this case. Yes, she still can breathe in some air, but putting lots of water into your lungs isn't really helping :(.

Nano machine will filter out most of the water from her lung.

I don't think it's going to her lungs.

Her lungs were completely burned by the fire, they might be going literally straight into mah veins.

Those are pretty good numbers but I hope that's the limit after Konami have been actively gutting MGS V since post launch.

So yeah Fuck you Konami.

I hooe high numbers mean we eventually get another "real" Metal Gear game. I would still like to see what that series is, in the hands of someone else than Kojima.

Roufianos

Not very impressive, didn't MGS4 sell 5 million on PS3 alone?

I'm pretty sure it would have sold tonnes more if they had actually advertised it.

Ban Puncher

MGSV sells gangbusters and their pachinko sales are down.

There ain't no schadenfreude quite like Konami Schadenfreude.

You know, the whole quiet ordeal may be gross, she may be awkward and silly, and kinda embarrassing. But she has nice butt and I enjoyed lookint at it!

There I said it!

Griss

I'm kind of out of the loop on typical sales numbers for massive blockbusters. These seem good but not amazing for a game with that amount of dev time and manpower? I mean, it's no GTAV, anyway.

I'm guessing that when you add in Ground Zeroes they did massively well out of the whole development, but still.

Celine

I'm kind of out of the loop on typical sales numbers for massive blockbusters. These seem good but not amazing for a game with that amount of dev time and manpower? I mean, it's no GTAV, anyway.

I'm guessing that when you add in Ground Zeroes they did massively well out of the whole development, but still.
MGS was always a big seller but never to the extent of nowadays blockbusters (> 10M).

Metal Gear Solid sell in as December 2004.

Metal Gear Solid: 5.51M
MGS Integral: 1.27M
Metal Gear Solid 2: 5.64M
MGS2 Substance: 1.39M

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Well, looks Like this game won't break 10 million LT, probabily something Like >8 million... Which is surprising and sad For me.

I expected why more. Even if i don't Like Konami the game deserve a good success.

Chola

Banned

well, you can make 3 MGS V with GTA V budget.

Top Bottom