• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami ID help thread (needed to possibly get into the MGO beta)

carlos

c'mon guys just use babelfish and you can work it out....if I remember correctly, on the konami id page you have to enter:
konamiid
password(twice)
security question and answer
your email (twice)
your name (in japanese)
male/female
date of birth
zip code (japanese)

then hit the leftmost button, fill out a survey, then the leftmost button again

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Pristine_Condition said:
So, how are you guys planning to be good beta testers if you can't communicate with the developers?

:lol

Ever see the Mad TV skit with the fake translator?

Konami...your game...is like....a big...striped pie. And then uh oh hot dog.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Just signed up myself.

Regarding the ID signup, you must answer the password question in Japanese and your name (surname and name) in Japanese.

Also, when you actually go to sign up for the beta, you will be asked a series of questions regarding the series. Basically stuff like whether or not you've played MGS3 or PO online, which games you've played, whether you play for story or action, and a bunch of other things. You should be able to guess if you can't read anything.

SpudBud

dark10x said:
Just signed up myself.

Regarding the ID signup, you must answer the password question in Japanese and your name (surname and name) in Japanese.

Also, when you actually go to sign up for the beta, you will be asked a series of questions regarding the series. Basically stuff like whether or not you've played MGS3 or PO online, which games you've played, whether you play for story or action, and a bunch of other things. You should be able to guess if you can't read anything.
I keep getting a error with The ID and password and I don't know why. Help.

dark10x

SpudBud said:
I keep getting a error with The ID and password and I don't know why. Help.
Could you post an image of the error message? I'll let you know what the problem is.

dfyb

Banned
dark10x said:
what format does it want the surname in...? the example is in katakana and i tried that with no luck.

dark10x

dfyb said:
what format does it want the surname in...? the example is in katakana and i tried that with no luck.
I dunno, I received no error when I entered my name in kana. What does the error say?

dfyb

Banned
dark10x said:
I dunno, I received no error when I entered my name in kana. What does the error say?
nvm. solved it. copying and pasting from jwpce created wierd spaces that it didn't like. should have just changed my input settings in windows lol.

SpudBud

dark10x said:
Could you post an image of the error message? I'll let you know what the problem is.
I don't have the Japanese language pack installed so any pic I post won't help any. What are the requirements for the Id and Password? I'm still signing up for the ID btw.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Could someone explain to someone who missed today's events.. what the hell is going on? :lol

dark10x

SpudBud said:
I don't have the Japanese language pack installed so any pic I post won't help any. What are the requirements for the Id and Password? I'm still signing up for the ID btw.
OK, it looks like the ID must use lower case English characters, numbers, or a few other random symbols (_-.). It must be 8-32 characters.

The password must also be 8-32 characters and does make a distinction between upper and lower case (English characters). The rest of the warning simply suggests that you avoid using personal data (birth date, phone number, etc.).

dark10x

dfyb said:
how long did it take you to get a verification email?
You don't need an e-mail in order to signup for MGO. You can sign right into the page upon completing the process.

dark10x

vilmer_ said:
What does the first security question say?
The first question is asking what your Mother's maiden name is.

Unfortunately, that question seems to want Japanese written as an answer. I selected the fourth question which asks you to name a food you hate. Just enter a type of Japanese food that you can't stand. :p

vilmer_

dark10x said:
The first question is asking what your Mother's maiden name is.

Unfortunately, that question seems to want Japanese written as an answer. I selected the fourth question which asks you to name a food you hate. Just enter a type of Japanese food that you can't stand. :p

Excellent, thanks a ton dark! It looks like I put my hometown as my mother's maiden name :p

Sage00

Once And Future Member
On the last screen after you've answered the questions(about if you've played online etc) there are 3 buttons at the bottom, can someone please tell me what they say?

dark10x

Sage00 said:
On the last screen after you've answered the questions(about if you've played online etc) there are 3 buttons at the bottom, can someone please tell me what they say?
I can't view that page any longer as I've already completed the sign-up.

OK, I see it now (the picture above)...

登録する is indeed the correct option (Register).

The other two options are revise and return to top page.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
dark10x said:

This here:

mgo.jpg

vilmer_

dark10x said:

I'm clicking register, and this box keeps popping up and returning me to this screen...

konami2.gif

I'm not sure where I messed up!

Edit: Just a little mix up, I'm in! :)

dark10x

Sage00 said:
This here:

mgo.jpg
Ah, OK.

The first option allows you to register with the current selection. The second button allows you to modify your PSN ID and the third allows you to modify the questionnaire. You want the first button.

Edit: Just a little mix up, I'm in! :)
OK. It's a transmission error, by the way. I don't know why it occured.

Yixian

Banned
tbh, if the WH beta was anything to go by, they'd already gotten well over 3k registrations hours ago and are probably already picking entrants :p

vilmer_

Wow, I just realized that I made a wee mistake... For my PSN ID, I used my normal account instead of the Japanese account, GAH!!!

Zoe

I signed up, but I'm not at home so I couldn't check to make sure I was using the correct syntax for my JP ID ._.

Goldrusher

登録が完了いたしました。
ご応募、誠にありがとうございました。

:)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
nategc said:
wow, it still doesn't work

Use this for the first box: ジエーク

Use this for the second box: ソマス

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Second page is just asking you to confirm that you've typed the correct info.

Top Bottom