• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) appearing in Project Treasure for Wii U?

Well, I'm not sure about that. Certainly they've not revealed a link to Xenoblade, but that's not the same thing.

Way back when it was first revealed, right at the end of the trailer, there was a brief glimpse of a character who looked a lot like Shulk, which might suggest that there is, in fact, a link. Or, of course, that's something that might have been quietly removed since then, since I don't think they ever elaborated on that character.

QBDOhdX.jpg

I wouldn't assume there's no link. There may yet be no link, it's true, but I wouldn't assume it.
Nah, Xeno X has a character creator for you to design your own main character, they used that to design somewhat of a Shulk resemblance. I wouldn't look into it too much.

Teletraan1

Banned
I didn't even notice that when I watched that direct. Every video game that KOS-MOS graces is better for it. Except XSII:JvGuB where they derped her up for no reason. People complain about the battle system in that game but the KOS-MOS derp is the true crime. The battle system gets manageable 2/3rds into the game when you unlock enough stuff. The derp never goes away.

Seik

Banned
Nah, Xeno X has a character creator for you to design your own main character, they used that to design somewhat of a Shulk resemblance. I wouldn't look into it too much.

Now that you mention it, I will totally make a Shulk lookalike as my X protag. :D

Reincarnation, you know.

mclem

Is that really a logical thing to use as the exciting closing tease of a first reveal of a game?

I mean, you're right, they absolutely could. But I struggle to fathom why you would put something of that nature at that stage of the reveal trailer. It's insanity.

(Also, that looks far more like artwork - and, for that matter, new, original artwork - than something generated with the character generator.)

Is that really a logical thing to use as the exciting closing tease of a first reveal of a game?

I mean, you're right, they absolutely could. But I struggle to fathom why you would put something of that nature at that stage of the reveal trailer. It's insanity.

(Also, that looks far more like artwork - and, for that matter, new, original artwork - than something generated with the character generator.)

Well, I just thought it was a way to generate hype considering Shulk became popular being in Smash. That's not to say Shulk couldn't make an appearance in this game, despite them saying it's not related to Xenoblade.

krizzx

It's obvious and I think Takahashi confirmed X is in the same universe as Xenoblade, they're not just rehashing the name for no reason.

Edit: Or maybe not.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/13/xenoblade-chronicles-x-sequel-xenoblade/

The game does seem way to rehash-y to me though. Really disappointing as a new IP.

What is with the abuse of the word rehash? Its starting to lose it meaning.

Xenoblade X has been stated to be nothing more than a spiritual successor to Xenoblade Chronicles(Chronicles was only added back into the name by NOA for marketing namesake). Plotwise, there is no way they could be direct sequels. Xenoblade Chronicles occured in a world that was nothing but water aboard two giants
that was created by some scientists with a god machine as well as the universe it took place in, and ceased to exist completely by the end of the game along with its universe. It can't take place in the same universe. That universe is no more, nor was Earth was not a part of it which is where Xenoblade X begins with a Spaceship from the USA fleeing the planet.
. Xenoblade X takes place in the same Universe as ours plotwise.

What is with the abuse of the word rehash? Its starting to lose it meaning.

Xenoblade X has been stated to be nothing more than a spiritual successor to Xenoblade Chronicles(Chronicles was only added back into the name by NOA for marketing namesake). Plotwise, there is no way they could be direct sequels. Xenoblade Chronicles occured in a world that was nothing but water aboard two giants
and ceased to exist completely by the end of the game as well as the universe it took place in. So it can't take place in the same universe. That universe is no more, and Earth was not a part of it which is where Xenoblade X begins with a Spaceship from the USA fleeing the planet.
. Xenoblade X takes place in the same Universe as ours plotwise.

You never know with Takahashi's work.

krizzx

You never know with Takahashi's work.

I can in this circumstance. It simply isn't possible plot wise.

Now, I can see there being some sort of cameo or homage in the vane of Abel and System ID in Xenosaga 3 or like the Demi Fiend in Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga, but that the extent of what would be likely to occur.

Top Bottom