• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Gamestop has sold out preorder deluxe Wii U stock nationwide

The same shit haters said when Wii was selling gangbustas

It's just a fad

Wii Sports is the only game people are buying it for etc

You know it's funny. While I love New Super Mario Bros U, I can see a parent or casual gamer battling one of us for something like Wii Fit U. Once the news hits the general public, it will be a different ballgame.

clemenx

Banned
Can anyone give me details on what's the eshop deluxe thingy?

I'm not interested in nintendo land and I have external drives to spare, so not interested in the 32gb either.

That and the black color are the only things that keep me from pre ordering a basic one.

antonz

Can anyone give me details on what's the eshop deluxe thingy?

I'm not interested in nintendo land and I have external drives to spare, so not interested in the 32gb either.

That and the black color are the only things that keep me from pre ordering a basic one.

When buying digital titles. Depending on publisher you will get refunds of points upto 10% to spend on other things. So if you intend to be a heavy digital buyer it can be worthwhile.

TriGen

You know it's funny. While I love New Super Mario Bros U, I can see a parent or casual gamer battling one of us for something like Wii Fit U. Once the news hits the general public, it will be a different ballgame.

That's how I feel. When people comment about handheld's not selling out that's always what I think of. A handheld is usually bought only by gamers, where a console is bought not just by gamers, but also by people that want to put their console in the family room and just use it for Wii Fit/Kinect, and streaming stuff. That's why I think consoles sell out right away, there not just for gamers anymore.

Honestly it makes me happy that it's selling well. I don't want to see consoles die to phones.

Edit: well just preorders anyways, I hope it doesn't stop here.

I pre-ordered Thursday afternoon and the guy told me I was the second one on the list.

I waited 6 hours sitting on the floor at a Wal-Mart for the Wii. I wasn't about to do that shit again.

Reallink

So ~6700 locations and I think they did ~10-20 Deluxes per store? I guess that's between 67k-134k at Gamestop alone. Sounds like Nintendo's probably planning on shipping between 750k and 1 million units (both SKU's combined) on NA launch. Pretty doubtful that's going to satisfy Black Friday demand, but they may have a big second shipment planned.

Thoraxes

So ~6700 locations and I think they did ~10-20 Deluxes per store? I guess that's between 67k-134k at Gamestop alone. Sounds like Nintendo's probably planning on shipping between 750k and 1 million units (both SKU's combined) on NA launch. Pretty doubtful that's going to satisfy Black Friday demand, but they may have a big second shipment planned.

If Black Friday is any indication, I would guess that they're doing two shipments, and probably going around asking retailers for advertising space for the BF ads. Usually retailers will get multiple shipments of one item, but mark the second with special in-store SKUs to be only sold during Black Friday.

Medalion

Banned

Don't make me destroy U!

image.php

Izick

Alright, give me the deets:

-Do we know a launch (day) line up?

-Is deluxe worth getting over regular?

-Are friend codes still in, or do we have tags/cards?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
im still gonna wait 1 yr before I buy a wii u. I was an early 3ds adopter go figure. Dont want to go thru that again.

Medalion

Banned
Launch lineup hasn't been finalized... that's why we keep hearing this phrase "Launch window" BS all the time

but games you can pretty much gurantee to be at launch are NSMBU, ZombiU, Rayman Legends

Deluxe is worth it if you want Black Wii-U, Nintendo Land bundled, charging stands, 10% off every online digital purchase loyalty program, possibly other hidden loyalty bonus', 32GB of flash vs 8gb for standard

Friend codes hasn't been clarified to be totally removed yet

Bu...bu...but dey tuk er gaems.

This was most likely planned, but it's nice to see the console will be at least semi-popular. Unlike what GAF is telling me.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I want to wait on the sidelines for maybe 3-4 months just to let the amazing games build up
so I can buy them all at once and be broke as hell

I hope that the Wii U does a "Wii" and become insanely hard to get. I will cry it I can't buy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate without a Wii U :(

orznge

Banned
Are more preorders going to be to be available at any retailers? Is Gamestop going to end up taking more preorders? Just asking because I don't have any experience preordering consoles.

I'm calling shenanigans. The internet boycotted this thing when it was $50 more than anybody would ever pay for it and it started stealing games from honest gamers.

I bet they only made enough to sell preorders to Nintendo executives' moms to build up fake hype.

Drago

From the WiiU price and release thread, this is apparently the launch lineup for NA:

Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Darksiders II
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Twodisney
ESPN Sports Connection
Game Party Champions
Just Dance 4
Madden NFL 13
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
NBA 2K13
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Rabbids Land
Rayman Legends
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Transformers Prime
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU

Launch lineup hasn't been finalized... that's why we keep hearing this phrase "Launch window" BS all the time

but games you can pretty much gurantee to be at launch are NSMBU, ZombiU, Rayman Legends

Actually I'm pretty sure they said Rayman's not day 1, don't want it to get snowed under by Mario.

I will just waltz into a store and buy it day 1.

...I can actually do that. :p I live near Nintendo World, and they are usually very, very well stocked. If I decide to get the Wii U day 1, I'll just see if Nintendo's doing a launch party.

But really, good to hear it's popular.

I'm calling shenanigans. The internet boycotted this thing when it was $50 more than anybody would ever pay for it and it started stealing games from honest gamers.

I bet they only made enough to sell preorders to Nintendo executives' moms to build up fake hype.

Nintendo stole Rayman Legends from me. :(

Alex

I'll bite when at least the five games I'm interested in are all released (Mario, Pikmin, both of Platinum's games and MH3G). Five is a good number, plus that gives decent time to gauge the actual health/issues and possible 3DSisms then just casually pick it up when it's time.

Launches are exciting, but it's never been worth it a single time to me, considering they always manage to happen during a downpour of software. I want to crack, in a way, but sadly my common sense is getting stronger as I age and I realize I won't have time to actually play all the PC and 3DS games I have/are coming out this year, let alone throwing on anything else.

Reallink

If Black Friday is any indication, I would guess that they're doing two shipments, and probably going around asking retailers for advertising space for the BF ads. Usually retailers will get multiple shipments of one item, but mark the second with special in-store SKUs to be only sold during Black Friday.

Probably, only question is whether they have the capacity to cover it what with trying to launch WW a few weeks apart. Obviously it's not uncommon for multiple consoles to move well over a million units in November at any random point in their cycle--never mind launch. It'd be interesting to see what a sufficiently supplied debut could do, cause I don't think any console has shipped more than 500k units its first month. Wii probably could have done 3-5+ million if the units were there. I would say there are between 500k and 1 million guaranteed sales for any major console, at any time of the year. A so called super core, the ones who bought 700k $600 PS3's in Nov/Dec 2006 (most of whom probably reside on Neogaf). The million dollar question is how many returning soccer moms and retirement homes there will be beyond those guys.

So what are the absolute confirmed Day 1 Launch games? Just Mario and Zombi right? Ordering on Futureshop, they'll let me anyway. Worst case scenario they'll tell me they're out.

EDIT: Nvm, website freaks out when I try and order.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
From the WiiU price and release thread, this is apparently the launch lineup for NA:

Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Darksiders II
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Twodisney
ESPN Sports Connection
Game Party Champions
Just Dance 4
Madden NFL 13
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
NBA 2K13
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Rabbids Land
Rayman Legends
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Transformers Prime
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU

There's 7 games I'm likely to get on that list. My body may be ready, but my wallet sure as hell isn't.

Top Bottom