• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku - No Man's Sky delayed

The ambitious space game No Man’s Sky has been delayed, two sources tell Kotaku. We don’t know exactly what the new release date is—and it may not be finalized yet—but we’re hearing it’s been bumped until at least July or August.

Developed by a small UK-based team called Hello Games, No Man’s Sky has been much hyped since it was revealed back in 2013, seeing extensive coverage everywhere from the Stephen Colbert show to The New Yorker. Last October, the developers announced that it’d be out in June of 2016, but that appears to have changed.

A reliable Kotaku source was the first to inform us of the delay. A second source, who works at GameStop, said they received marketing materials today for No Man’s Sky with the original June 21 release date. However, stores were informed that the release date is no longer correct and that they should cover it up with a “Coming Soon” label:

rtwhvk4w8p1t1ddy1udm.jpg

q01l01ccvpmtpmqjz775.jpg

http://kotaku.com/sources-no-mans-sky-delayed-1778797365

http://kotaku.com/sources-no-mans-sky-delayed-1778797365

The ambitious space game No Man’s Sky has been delayed, two sources tell Kotaku. We don’t know exactly what the new release date is—and it may not be finalized yet—but we’re hearing it’s been bumped until at least July or August.

A reliable Kotaku source was the first to inform us of the delay. A second source, who works at GameStop, said they received marketing materials today for No Man’s Sky with the original June 21 release date. However, stores were informed that the release date is no longer correct and that they should cover it up with a “Coming Soon” label

rtwhvk4w8p1t1ddy1udm.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Any chance psn would refund preorders if delayed a while? Kinda regretting my order lol

JMY86

This would not surprise me at all. I just don't see any way that this game lives up to the hype. I am still looking forward to it though.

Kindekuma

Banned
Fudge.

Well, at least it won't pull a Mighty No. 9. Right?
RIGHT?

This game seriously looks interesting, hopefully a delay won't be a long one.

I'll wait, as long as it's worth it.

Seems a little shitty as they didn't talk about the release date for so long and then delay it just 2 months later.

Thank god, actually.

I already have Odin Sphere, Zero Time Dilemma, and Star Ocean 5 in June.

No Man's Sky was gonna be pushing it for me. This gives me breathing room.

Jawmuncher

Makes sense to me. Let's them do one more big push of it at E3 and get a bit more marketing for it. For a game next month it's been rather quiet.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Please be true. Every delay makes it more funny.

Even though it released, the spirit of Driveclub lives on THROUGH THIS ARM

Hip Hop

We haven't had anything like this in gaming, so I'm okay with a new date so they can totally do it right.

jdstorm

Banned
Seems like Sony wants to launch this with PSVR as the flagship game. Which makes a ton of sense.

Also yay. One less June game for Mirrors Edge to compete with

Top Bottom