• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Kotaku] Rumor: Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag is receiving a remake

CGNoire

Canabilized?
51o7EFz.jpg
I mean they are Hashishans after all.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I don’t think it was the best AC game, but I can see it getting a nice visual overhaul if they went that route.

Would rather see a new AC game though.

Eh it doesn't need a remake. A remaster would be fine.

Higher resolution, 60fps, some QoL improvements like AC3 Remastered, tweaks to the tailing missions, and we are golden.

Portman

I can't deny that I would potentially play it but only if it was a big jump graphics wise which I'm not sure if it could be with only a decade of time. And not to mention having kept my PS4 copy and that they gave it out on Uplay for free at one point a few years ago if memory is correct.

Reading through the thread and the general idea of it potentially returning brought this classic to mind.

Laptop1991

I really enjoyed Black Flag at the time and completed it again since, so i'm all for this but hopefully they change the tail mission's, i hate them personally, they spoil it for me, let me tail them freely how i want.

Fake

I really prefer a remaster rather than a remake.

I can't trust Ubisoft to remake any old game. Black Flag have much adult content that 'modern snowflakes' can't take.

raduque

I don't care much for the assassin stuff, and especially the modern-day junk, but I would love a single player Black Flag game where you just be a Pirate and rule the seas.

One of the best AC games ever, it's too bad they don't do a sort of reimagining of it instead of a remake and add full oceanic exploration like Odyssey had, it was nice being able to just drop out and dive anywhere and not worry about a diving bell.

Dazraell

While I loved Black Flag and think it's the best entry in the series, I find the choice for remaking this game as really bizarre. The one that I feel could use the proper remake is AC1 as this is the game that could benefit from today's technology and years of experience Ubi got with this series

EDMIX

ACIV still holds up really really well though. What's the point in spending any effort in a remake?

I mean, you are talking about a game that was on PS3 and is from 10 years ago

Sounds to me like several generations across sounds like a just remake, anything from PS3 / 360 gen makes sense for a remake.

ACIV still holds up really really well though. What's the point in spending any effort in a remake?

People first being indoctrinated that anything older than 3 years is unplayable and then CEOs milking a few nostalgic/popular games ad infinitum. Shit like Dead Space Remake felt hardly any different from the PS360 game... and I'm not clouded by nostalgia, I played the original a year before the remake. In reality, we need good emulation services like GOG and backwards compat. for all platforms, but instead resources are wasted on these nonsense remake projects.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

While I loved Black Flag and think it's the best entry in the series, I find the choice for remaking this game as really bizarre. The one that I feel could use the proper remake is AC1 as this is the game that could benefit from today's technology and years of experience Ubi got with this series
Yep AC1 should be the one to get the remake treatment, especially since owners of PS4/PS5 can't play it. So this means you don't have the entire mainline series available in one current ecosystem.

cormack12

Gold Member
They will definitely use Skull and Bones tech in this. They have to. So much time spent investing on that game and nothing turned out of it yet. They have to make returns from all the effort they put into it.
I agree with this. Black Flag seems to be well liked despite having some of the worst missions in the AC franchise. And I never really got into the whole water/ship stuff.

An easy remake using skull.and bones tech, which then pushes those who buy the remake into that product. It makes sense and is pretty low risk. Black Flag will sell well

Fake

The problem with doing remakes is always the director doing so.

They want the 'liberty' of make drastic changes to the story and characters alike, things that aren't necessary. Assassin Creed Black Flag do most of things controversial to the modern audience today, so I hope that people here that pretend to be fans know this. The game can end up being Pirates of Caribbean 3.

I agree with this. Black Flag seems to be well liked despite having some of the worst missions in the AC franchise. And I never really got into the whole water/ship stuff.

An easy remake using skull.and bones tech, which then pushes those who buy the remake into that product. It makes sense and is pretty low risk. Black Flag will sell well

cormack12, not a pirate.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I honestly don't think this will be a remake.
It'll be just a remaster, you don't just remaster ACII Trilogy and ACIII & Rogue and completely remake the newest one that can be played on current gen consoles.
Unity is a different story because it could barely run on last gen and that's the version we are stuck with.
AC1 & Unity makes more sense, Black flag makes more sense to just Blackflag Fans.

Top Bottom