• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krispy Kreme is overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Banned
So I finally had a fresh, still slightly warm, Krispy Kreme donut.

It was just the plain kind with glazing but........shit was legit delicious!

Not too heavy, not too sweet.

It is all about Long Johns

chocolatelongjohnsmall.jpg

and Tiger Tails

tiger-tails.jpg

Nice! I haven't eaten them hot off the press in a while. It's the only way to go with krispey kreme though.

Wag

honey-dew-donuts.jpg

I like Honey Dew better than Dunkin'. If you're lucky enough to live in New England you can find them.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Duck Donuts recently opened near my location and it's pretty good imo. Cause you see your entire order made in front of you as in the batter dumped in oil and then topped afterwards. Now I can't eat donuts unless they fresh as hell. Fuck old donuts.

Bonus pic:

The only unfortunate thing about getting warm Krispy Kreme is the wait.

Eating cold Krispy Kreme is a bitter disappointment.

So you're not cray

Cold Krispy Creme is delicious too imo. Much better than the vast majority of cold "other" donuts.

95% of the time I eat a non Krispy Creme donut, i'm disappointed. They look so good. Smell so good, but the don't taste as good as its presentation. After eating it, i'm always left with a feeling of "I could have gone without that..."

Krispy Creme glazed always delivers.

Hazmat

Getting one of the regular donuts right off the line is fantastic.

Damnit, now I want Krispy Kreme.

Buuuuuuuuuullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Dunkin' Donuts makes donuts. Krispy Kreme makes air with some sugar and pastry around it. The damn things deflate when you bite into them

And I say this as someone who, from 4-8, had a Krispy Kreme donut for with breakfast once a week every single week.

Donut

Tire.

Dunkin Donuts should look better, but classical conditioning has done a number on me. I associate good donuts with the bottom presentation rather than the top. Dunkin is all flash, all disappointment.

Krejlooc

Banned
Krispy Kreme fucking sucks

Shipleys Donuts for life

I went to the Texas-Aggy game in 2011

Was trying to find parking, but only had a debit card on me and the parking lots were all taking cash. Obviously I couldn't ask any aggys where an ATM was, so I pulled up to a group of horns walking away from a parking lot and asked if they knew where an ATM was. The guy said no and asked why I needed one. After explaining, he told me he was the owner of Shipley's Donuts and handed me a $20 to park with. I asked him for his address to pay him back and he told me to just keep it, and spread the word of shipley's.

So not only is their product supreme, the owner is a good guy, and pulls for heroes instead of terrorists.

ZeroCDR

Yep, the only doughnut worth getting at Krispy Kreme is the original glazed, and hot off the conveyor belt if possible. Otherwise take them home, microwave one for 10 seconds.

Any time we get assorted varieties I end up disappointed lol

ReAxion

Krispy Kreme fucking sucks

Shipleys Donuts for life

I went to the Texas-Aggy game in 2011

Was trying to find parking, but only had a debit card on me and the parking lots were all taking cash. Obviously I couldn't ask any aggys where an ATM was, so I pulled up to a group of horns walking away from a parking lot and asked if they knew where an ATM was. The guy said no and asked why I needed one. After explaining, he told me he was the owner of Shipley's Donuts and handed me a $20 to park with. I asked him for his address to pay him back and he told me to just keep it, and spread the word of shipley's.

So not only is their product supreme, the owner is a good guy, and pulls for heroes instead of terrorists.

Bought off for $20. Shame.

Finally you've done it right.
Well, you say "still slightly warm" so I do still worry a little. True love is a hot krispy kreme donut right off the belt and into your mouth. The kind that just sort of dissolves when it touches your tongue and feels like a sugary cloud.
But it sounds like you still got a good one.

There we go. The thread is resolved.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Old fashioned donuts or bust for me. There's a local mom 'n pop shop near my parents which nails it every time, so I make sure to stop by once when I'm in town.

Krispy Kreme custard filled are their only legit good donuts IMO.

The Chef

Well done.

Krispy Kreme is on a league of their own.
But it is VERY important that what I mean by that is exclusively referring to their Original Glazed.

People who get anything else there are insane. ONLY get glazed and ONLY when the light is on. There is nothing like it.

Finally you've done it right.
Well, you say "still slightly warm" so I do still worry a little. True love is a hot krispy kreme donut right off the belt and into your mouth. The kind that just sort of dissolves when it touches your tongue and feels like a sugary cloud.
But it sounds like you still got a good one.

Correct. The way we purists eat them is directly from the belt, to that little stick they use to pick it up and then into my mouth. Its like hot cotton candy doughnut.

Tigress

I only like Krispy Kreme original glazed and they have to be relatively freshed. That being said I can eat them like potato chips (and now I want some). I like Dunkin Donuts for their other donuts better and the best donut I have had is an original cake donut at this little cafe in Friday Harbor in the San Juan islands in Washington. Oh, and I find KK's other donuts are not good.

Safeway actually has really good donuts and my favorite boston creme donuts.

The Chef

Closest one to me is a good hour from me, and in Manhattan no less. Not so easy to get to ;_;

Remember in Blade 2 where he has FedEx deliver a box of KK?
He opens the box, and takes a huge bite out of a cold glazed. I almost screamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom