• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

l4d3? (Source 2 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More probable this is a Source 2 presentation that is being shown of to prospective devs to use the engine. I don't think it'd be exclusive.
Didn't even consider that, probably the most likely answer. Doesn't Valve (for good reason) hate Microsoft after the crap policies Microsoft had towards Valve regarding Left 4 Dead updated and charging for DLC?

The megaton here is that Valve can now count to 3.

Can't wait for Team Fortress 3 and any other game they might make that could have a 3.

Yuuichi

6AjqI.gif

I'm already salivating just thinking about this.

RealMeat

Banned
Kind of hope it's just a tech demo, I'd hate for L4D 3 to just be more of the same with prettier graphics. Hope we find out more soon.

Kind of hope it's just a tech demo, I'd hate for L4D 3 to just be more of the same with prettier graphics. Hope we find out more soon.

To be honest it's probably just an example of how existing assets can be updated and the extra detail afforded by Source 2. The original looks quite plain in comparison;

That said, L4D3 could have L4D2 levels and not be "more of the same" just as L4D2 has No Mercy etc.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Just taking a guess since L4D1 and L4D2 were console exclusive to Microsoft as well. :| Asking a question since the first leak of this came from a Microsoft employee (you), presented to you in the form of a PowerPoint (seems like it), so the possibility is there.

No need to be so hostile. :|

It looks like a pretty standard GDC type presentation.

Given they just gave out L4D2 for free, they will presumably be talking about how they went about making Source 2 at conferences a la most companies once L4D3 is unveiled.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Plot twist: The whole house is now destructible. Your party is on the front porch when the tank spawns, he takes a swing. It misses by a fraction of an inch but strikes the pillar holding up part of the front of the house and the floors above it. The debris falls and kills your entire party. Cue left 4 dead 3 failure tune.

injurai

Banned
To be honest it's probably just an example of how existing assets can be updated and the extra detail afforded by Source 2. The original looks quite plain in comparison;

That said, L4D3 could have L4D2 levels and not be "more of the same" just as L4D2 has No Mercy etc.

By this comparison it's been fully remodeled. Just look at the new Pillars!!!!

It was exclusive only because Valve couldn't be damned to port it to the PS3. Orange Box was EA published and ported by another team I think, either that or valve gave up after the performance issues on ps3.

And portal 2 and it's steam tie ins............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom