• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

l4d3? (Source 2 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-BLITZ-

Usually when videogaming news or progress are about to be released, powerpoints files are the most common to be shared through small groups that were chosen because I know about this (no I'm not refering to this news) just in general. It will not take long like tomorrow or the next day for this to become official, only if there is an embargo labeled.

And from the look of it, that's official already. EDIT: Oh, wait, what. Ha! Confidential ? Clearly official.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
midnight-riders.jpg

four white dudes? in a series that has shown more diversity of its protagonists in its eight main characters to date than the overwhelming majority of gaming?

nah i'm good.

Sinfamy

the gabe ps3 hate is well documented, I believe this was the only reason for the previous L4D games not being on the PS3
It was DirectX only at the time, Source is now fully OpenGL, and Valve is really pushing that. The PS4 version will be the definitive version.

eznark

Banned
Not related to the image, a question of intrigue, the previous versiosn where on windows/xbox, its not published by microsoft etc obviously, but for some reason has had priority on their systems. Logically enough.

lol

Huh, I guess not. Weird!

sn00zer

four white dudes? in a series that has shown more diversity of its protagonists in its eight main characters to date than the overwhelming majority of gaming?

nah i'm good.
Yeah I expect they will throw in maybe one of the members or have a mission with them, not as the entire main cast though

leadbelly

Banned
Wow, SOMEONE didn't watch Gabe's speech at the Sony presentation at E3

Let me remind you. He said "Valve looks forward to working with Sony in the future"

you think he'd just get on a stage and lie? For what? Money? No amount of money can replace the goodwill he built up with that statement.

It's more than that though. Sony actually allowed Valve to use Steam for their games on PS3. Valve has more control over their games with Sony.

Pain

Banned
Things have changed dramatically since then. I'd be surprised if any of these Source 2 games hit consoles at all.
Why wouldn't they? That's where most of they money will be. Did you miss the reports of record-breaking console launches?

Skab

There is another thread going with this image in it here. I quickly browsed this thread and couldnt see it, but found it appropriate, notice the left4dead3 - Really enjoyed the first 2 games.

I like how you mention the other thread, which says that they got the image from this thread. And you some how searched this thread for it and didnt see it. (4 pages back from when you posted.)

Also no way this doesn't come out on PS4.

injurai

Banned
The screenshot seems to be devoid of textures, and sporting just plain white modelling.

So I can't imagine how beautiful a fully fleshed out environment would look in real time.

Vizzeh

Banned
I like how you mention the other thread, which says that they got the image from this thread. And you some how searched this thread for it and didnt see it. (4 pages back from when you posted.)

Also no way this doesn't come out on PS4.

Eh, the other thread says its from facepalm.com, (edit: I see you ment the small buttox text at the top of that thread, at that point I didnt see this thread /ignored it) I said I couldnt see it on this one, its not a conspiracy lol, it seemed appropriate (if not for me missing it here, thanks tho)

It may very well come out on PS4, as discussed here, it has had priority on MS systems in the past, hence the question.

I hope it does come out on PS4, then I will actually get to play it, as I wont be purchasing an X1 for it.

jediyoshi

Wondering why people arent thinking this is L4D3....clearly they aged the level as well as reconstructing it

One doesn't exactly preclude the other, it could've literally just been thrown together with the sole purpose of having a comparison.

dmr87

Posting in a legendary thread, thanks CBOAT.

If L4D3 comes out before HL3 then, FML. Anyway, I just want them to officially unveil the engine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I ain't even mad. HL3 can stay in perpetual stasis as far as I'm concerned.

I'm more angry they're making Left 4 Dead 3 right now instead of like in 2016. I'd rather they focus on Counter-Strike:GO right now. *shrug* I mean they can do both, but I dunno... After Diretide I just can't see Valve multitasking three multiplayer titles + Steambox/living room and their R&D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom