• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga ARTPOP |OT| It could mean anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreaker

OMG, how did I miss this thread!? Subscribed. ICONIC OT Nemesis_

iYLPKRa2iTDC0.gif

Nemesis_

OT has been updated with the PopGAF Tumblr link. I'll change it to an official source when it hits Gaga's VEVO or whatever.

Trigger

It's actually kind of unremarkable for a Gaga track, but I appreciate the vocals and the out-of-left-field R. Kelly collab.

Kyon

Banned
Do what I want what I want with yo body,

Back in the club taking some shots gettin naughty

No invitations it's a private party

Yeah we takin them haters and we roughin em up and we lay in the cot like we don't give a FUUUCK

R baby YAAAASSSS

dhj4ymyii.gif

Tuck

Not bad.

Not as upbeat as I expected. But its pretty catchy and an interesting sound.

Probably better than most of Born this Way though - not that that is saying much though.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
"He" is clearly the press. Is this her 'Scream' moment?

Haha. Cool song. Totally random R Kelly bit, but I like it - does also remind me of early 2000's easy R&B stuff.

"He" is clearly the press. Is this her 'Scream' moment?

Haha. Cool song. Totally random R Kelly bit, but I like it - does also remind me of early 2000's easy R&B stuff.

Yeah, this is totally her Scream/Human Nature/Piece of Me moment. I feel like every major pop star needs one, lol

UNWIND GIRL

Goldenhen

Wow the full version is out, it's freaking amazing and so much better than Applause.
NXKV4.gif

I can't wait to buy it tomorrow since I'm in Australia.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I would fall apart/if you break my heart - that bit sounds just like a mid 90s Mariah track.

Seriously loving how electronic everything is.

OMG.

GAGA...

THIS BOP.

YOU CAN'T STOP MY VOICE
CAUSE YOU DON'T OWN MY LIFE
BUT
DO WHAT U WANT WITH MY BODY!!!

It's official, ARTPOP is her best album. Hands down. I'm slayed beyond belief.

Bladenic

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Should the La Perra stan really be coming for anyone else's song right now after Prism turned to be straight up shit? Like Teenage Dream except without ANY of the edge of songs like Peacock. Embarrassing. A straight up rated PG sized mess.

Nemesis_

Gaga will be performing Venus in a world exclusive at X-Factor UK.

MxKzR34.jpg

This will be two days (I think) after Gaga previews the song on Friday.

Shinta

Banned
Born This Way lacks the polish and approachability of Gaga’s earlier work, but from what it lacks, the album makes up for with eclecticism, purpose, and timing.

[...] It’s a loud, rambunctious, campy, ridiculous, intelligent, and powerful body of work that will more likely get its due praise many years down the road.

I have serious doubts about that. It's just not a good album. What I've heard of Artpop already sounds better.

Born this Way is hopefully the lowest point in her whole career. She just has no identity on the album, and the whole thing is a mess.

Nemesis_

I have serious doubts about that. It's just not a good album. What I've heard of Artpop already sounds better.

Born this Way is hopefully the lowest point in her whole career. She just has no identity on the album, and the whole thing is a mess.

I wouldn't say it's not a "good album" but I'll let Soulscribe do the BTW defending, he's much better at it than I am.

In other news

BXFtRbLCEAE5Ykk.png:large

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The song shits tbh, the production is top tier and she sounds amazing on it

Shearie

I've never heard the music of any of the big female pop stars that I always hear people talk about so I made it a mission to listen to a few of them today.

Started off with Miley Cyrus' Bangerz and wasn't into it. Then I listened to Katy Perry's PRISM on iTunes Radio and really liked a few songs but over all not feeling the album. Then I listened to Lady Gaga's song Applause and the clip of the new song with R. Kelly on iTunes and really liked those so I went and listened to both The Fame Monster and Born This Way on Spotify and thought both were great (In particular TFM). I guess I can call myself a Lady Gaga fan now.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I've never heard the music of any of the big female pop stars that I always hear people talk about so I made it a mission to listen to a few of them today.

Started off with Miley Cyrus' Bangerz and wasn't into it. Then I listened to Katy Perry's PRISM on iTunes Radio and really liked a few songs but over all not feeling the album. Then I listened to Lady Gaga's song Applause and the clip of the new song with R. Kelly on iTunes and really liked those so I went and listened to both The Fame Monster and Born This Way on Spotify and thought both were great (In particular TFM). I guess I can call myself a Lady Gaga fan now.

Welcome to the fold!

imgYU3ohmDhZg.gif

I agree with your assessment on Bangerz and Prism too

Shinta

Banned
Song does nothing for me. The 80s synths have potential, but think the shitty R&B sound cancels out the good stuff.

Yeah, it started out kind of badass. Then the vocals started ...

I don't usually say this, but if they just deleted the vocals entirely and had it instrumental, it would be 100% better. Disappointing, because the music is pretty neat.

Seriously though, if anyone ever finds a version with no vocals, I'd love to hear it.

Kyon

Banned
Yeah, it started out kind of badass. Then the vocals started ...

I don't usually say this, but if they just deleted the vocals entirely and had it instrumental, it would be 100% better. Disappointing, because the music is pretty neat.

Seriously though, if anyone ever finds a version with no vocals, I'd love to hear it.

I wish there was an instrumental too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom