• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga BORN THIS WAY Album |OT| Thread of Unicorns and Motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
Gaga just announced that she's really excited about the fourth video, which apparently has already been filmed.

When asked abuout it, she said that YUYI is in INCUBATION.
Where did she say this?

I will shake and cry if the EoG video that was meant to be actually comes out.

Koodo

Banned
Ryaaan14 said:
What the fuck? The chorus is the best part.

I expect Bad Kids to get completely ignored just like Monster did. :_(
Doesn't help that it's shoved between Black Jesus and Fashion Of His Love. Bad Kids ends up being a casualty of the "SKIP" button.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Koodo said:
Doesn't help that it's shoved between Black Jesus and Fashion Of His Love. Bad Kids ends up being a casualty of the "SKIP" button.
FOHL is another top choice by me. I guess I have very unpopular taste in GaGa tracks.

Koodo

Banned
Crumpet Trumpet said:
offtopic: AHHH MORE KELLY LEAKS I CANT I CANT LAWD HAMMERCY ON MY SOUL
Kelly stans remind me of the Animal Crossing cover, except the sign says Population: Decreasing.

At least it's not Population: Extinct like that certain other singer though!

Monocle

Ryaaan14 said:
What the fuck? The chorus is the best part.

I expect Bad Kids to get completely ignored just like Monster did. :_(
It would be somewhat discouraging. Nowhere close to the same class of disappointment as Monster's exclusion from The Fame Monster's singles list. To find a suitable parallel on Gaga's present album you'd have to plunge elbow deep into your basket of crazy hypotheticals and think about a track like Marry the Night getting snubbed. (I would have said Bloody Mary, but there's a real possibility it would be doomed on the radio because of all the self-righteous overpious malcontents in the US.)

Honestly, RCA records is so horrid. Half of the new Kelly album has already leaked, and the album hasn't even been officially announced yet. This clusterfuck, I can't even, so hard being a kelly stan right now

IN GAGA NEWS, apparently she'll be in Vegas September 23-24th for the iheartradio festival. Frankly, I didn't know iheartradio even had a festival but oh well.

Koodo

Banned
Isn't RCA the abode of Xtincta as well? They seemed to have meddled hard with Bionic, to its detriment.

I think I read somewhere that Britney Spears, should she decide to stay with Jive now that her contract has ended, would be moved to RCA. #prayforbritney

Honestly, Interscope seems like the best mainstream label right now. Jimmy Iovine knows his shit.

Koodo said:
Isn't RCA the abode of Xtincta as well? They seemed to have meddled hard with Bionic, to its detriment.

I think I read somewhere that Britney Spears, should she decide to stay with Jive now that her contract has ended, would be moved to RCA. #prayforbritney

Honestly, Interscope seems like the best mainstream label right now. Jimmy Iovine knows his shit.
Yeah, RCA also houses Anvil Lavigne :x

So Bionic + Anvil + how this kelly era is being handled = worst pop label....ever? I don't know, but probably.

Interscope has their shit together, in terms of commercial success. Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, Enrique, LMFAO, etc.

Nemesis_

Koodo said:
Where did she say this?

I will shake and cry if the EoG video that was meant to be actually comes out.

http://gagadaily.com/2011/07/lady-gaga-talks-upcoming-music-video/

Lady Gaga talked about her new music video in an interview with Taiwan’s Channel V. While she wouldn’t reveal what the song is, she did reveal some details and dropped a hint. Check out what she had to say below…

“I haven’t been excited about a video like this in a very long time,” she said. “The relation of the video to my real life as well as to my dream of the future is really what makes it so special. Part of what Born This Way is all about is choosing to live halfway between reality and fantasy at all times. So this video really challenges that idea and also celebrates it and it’s really exciting.”

“I will also say that Yuyi is in incubation,” Gaga added. “I won’t explain it but all the little monsters who are superfans will understand what I’m saying if they follow my Twitter.”

Which song do you think will be the next single from Born This Way? “Scheiße” won our fan-voted poll while “Yoü and I” is currently Gaga’s most played non-single on the radio; however, Gaga said the choice would be “very unexpected.” Any guesses?

Man, those gifs and the oval dress pics made my day. The woman's looking at her like "what the fuck are you?"

If I can throw in a vote for next single: Americano.

If not, then Scheiße.

Mau ®

Next single is not Americano, someone close to Haus of Godga confirmed.

I think its gonna be between Bloody Mary and You & I

JackEtc

inthezone said:

Always though Americano would make a good single, it's sounds like it's meant for radio.

Heavy Metal Lover, Bloody Mary, or Highway Unicorn next, impo.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
inthezone said:

GET OUT!

None of those are single material, if its not Americano then that just leaves Sheisse or Marry The Night

Mau ®

Marius_ said:
GET OUT!

None of those are single material, if its not Americano then that just leaves Sheisse or Marry The Night

Yeah but she said its an "unexpected" single. Scheisse and MTN are predictable singles.

You & I has a lot of crossover appeal, the way TEOG had too (did pretty great on AC format), plus it did very well on itunes on release, reaching top 10 easily.

Plus she said the concept of the video is living between fantasy and reality, and Bloody Mary is exactly that theme as well so...

Nemesis_

inthezone said:
Yeah but she said its an "unexpected" single. Scheisse and MTN are predictable singles.

You & I has a lot of crossover appeal, the way TEOG had too (did pretty great on AC format), plus it did very well on itunes on release, reaching top 10 easily.

Plus she said the concept of the video is living between fantasy and reality, and Bloody Mary is exactly that theme as well so...

So many people on Gaga fansites have been wanting Bloody Mary though as well. That would make it NOT unexpected, wouldn't it? Gaga reads these websites too, she's blisfully aware.

Koodo

Banned
S. L. said:
the gaga at smapxsmap japan tv thing is really funny
Her performances there were amazing too. She looked like a Mortal Kombat character. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xt3aEJToeQ

No wonder she's slaying in Japan. Bitch brought the house down. She's been doing pretty great in Europe too, and Australia will likely see a spike in sales after this week's promo.

She really needs to return to America and do more promo here. The album is sliding down the charts. Born This Way already outsold the LTD of all her contemporaries, but that wasn't a particularly high bar to reach.

JackEtc

Gvaz said:
Copyright claim, fuckin youtoube
fffuuuu.jpg

Honestly if she says the single is "unexpected" then the only song it rules out is Marry The Night.

I'm thinking You and I though. It can easily be this year's "Hey Soul Sister" or "I'm Yours."

I don't know if her team would go for Bloody Mary since the only other single of hers with a strong religious theme (Judas) didn't do as well on the charts. I'd imagine Bloody Mary has even less radio appeal than Judas but maybe I'm not giving it enough credit. I'm still trying to figure out how Judas didn't tear up the Hot 100.

Nemesis_

Soulscribe said:
Honestly if she says the single is "unexpected" then the only song it rules out is Marry The Night.

I'm thinking You and I though. It can easily be this year's "Hey Soul Sister" or "I'm Yours."

I don't know if her team would go for Bloody Mary since the only other single of hers with a strong religious theme (Judas) didn't do as well on the charts. I'd imagine Bloody Mary has even less radio appeal than Judas but maybe I'm not giving it enough credit. I'm still trying to figure out how Judas didn't tear up the Hot 100.

The more and more I listen to JUDAS the more and more I absolutely adore it. It's almost on level with Bad Romance for me, in terms of epicness at least. So damn hard hitting.

Nemesis556 said:
The more and more I listen to JUDAS the more and more I absolutely adore it. It's almost on level with Bad Romance for me, in terms of epicness at least. So damn hard hitting.

I love it too. I like it a bit more than Bad Romance coz the production slays me every time. Also because of the ridiculous bridge. EWW

So a friend of mine (who's never listened to the album) asked me what her next single was gonna be, and I told him we still don't know. So eventually I just played him most of the songs and asked him which he thought should be on the radio. He's usually into rap/hip hop but he appreciates radio pop, so I didn't really know what he'd like. Turns out his favorite by far was Government Hooker. Right when it started he's like "Okay this deserves to be a hit, this is just too cool." He really liked Scheiße too. Right when it started playing he immediately asked me what the song was called. Americano didn't really do anything for him (he didn't really react through the song with no feedback afterwards) and thought Bloody Mary was "kinda cool." Hair was "eh" for him. That one hurt.

Nemesis_

You and I is probably the next single, I'm very sure of it.

Gaga just sang it in Australia while dressed as a MERMAID and being wheeled around in a wheelchair. It just seems like it's going to happen.

Mau ®

Nemesis556 said:
You and I is probably the next single, I'm very sure of it.

Gaga just sang it in Australia while dressed as a MERMAID and being wheeled around in a wheelchair. It just seems like it's going to happen.

Plus she's been throwing a lot of hints lately with the "ü". Its so happening.

Sai-kun

Banned
I wish it would be Scheisse. But I know, like Monster, it will get the shaft (not in a good way, either), and not get any promotion :(

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Gaga and Redone gave a song to Cher and hopefully this tweet comes to fruition

LadyGaga said:
@cher maybe a remix duet for the gays? You truly are 'the greatest thing to me.'

I will be listening to You and I to lessen the disappointment

Mau ®

Sai-kun said:
I wish it would be Scheisse. But I know, like Monster, it will get the shaft (not in a good way, either), and not get any promotion :(

Monster was performed on Oprah. It didnt do much for the song on itunes if I remember well. And if Oprah doesnt work, nothing else will lol. I liked it more than Alejandro but the public spoke I guess.

Koodo

Banned
I was going to mention how off-putting that "for the gays" comment sounded like, but then I realized gays are really the only fans Cher has left.

She should've been more specific and said old gays

ALSO, The Monster Ball was nominated for 5 Emmy Awards. When will your faves? Oh right, they can't even book an appointment with HBO.

Lijik

Crumpet Trumpet said:
Hair actually ungrew on me to be honest
Same thing happened to me D:
Liked it quite a bit when the single dropped and now I can't really listen to it.

JackEtc said:
As did I. FYI Gaga: Not all of your [male] fans are gay.
This too. She sometimes makes me feel like I'm left out when she does this even though I know I shouldn't.

JackEtc

Lijik said:
This too. She sometimes makes me feel like I'm left out when she does this even though I know I shouldn't.
Exactly, it's why I wouldn't ever be able to go to Gaga concert alone, without one of my girl friends. I would feel like I'd instantly be placed in the gay crowd otherwise. Not that I have a problem with gay people, it's just not something I am. I mean, I am aware that most Gaga fans are girls, and that (not to stereotype) most of her male fans are gay, but it doesn't mean we ALL are.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Am I alone in thinking The Edge of Glory is about the edge of orgasm? That's what I thought after I listened to it many times, but my friends thought I was crazy when I brought this up.

She says that because 1) Cher has an obscene gay following, 2) Gaga has an obscene gay following, among other followers, and 3) It's fun to say. FOR THE GAYS!!!

JackEtc

Fantastical said:
Am I alone in thinking The Edge of Glory is about the edge of orgasm? That's what I thought after I listened to it many times, but my friends thought I was crazy when I brought this up.
Lyrics said:
I'm on the edge of glory, and I'm hanging on a moment with you
That isn't what the song is about, but it's a valid argument, that can definitely be backed up.

Nemesis_

So apparently YouTube deleted Gaga's Youtube account. Not her VEVO, but her own personal one she uploaded the Gagavisions and performances to before they propagated to her VEVO.

Well, this just isn't turning out to be Lady Gaga's day (unless you consider that her HBO concert special reaped a whopping five Emmy nominations this morning. Then it's totally her day).

In any case, the Little Monsters are going to have to find a new outlet from which to get their motherly fix, as YouTube has done the unthinkable and blocked her ladyship's account.

Even more puzzling is the reason the site gave for shutting Gaga down...

Any fan who attempted to access "ladygagaofficial"—the account to which the singer (or, more likely, a Haus of Gaga underling) routinely uploads performance videos, which Gaga liberally links to on her Twitter page—in the past day has been greeted by the following, familiar death toll of a message:

"This account has been suspended due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's copyright policy."

Huh? Isn't it normally artists who demand YouTube remove content, not the other way around? So what gives?

Well, apparently, it's just one video that caused the offense and brought down Gaga's page, after she posted her recent performance from Japan's Fuji TV's SMAP x SMAP.

The 10-minute performance featured a medley of songs from her latest album, including "Born This Way," "The Edge of Glory" and "You & I."

According to Time Out Tokyo, that, apparently, fell just this side of illegal, and the show's parent company, Media Interactive Inc., requested Tuesday that the footage be taken down for copyright infringement. And, as throngs of disappointed Little Monsters discovered this morning, YouTube obliged.

Gaga has yet to comment on the takedown, but she did tweet earlier this week about her excitement on making the appearance that seems to have cost her her channel.

"My performance+cooking show appearance on SMAP SMAP is airing now in Japan," she tweeted. "Kawaii Monsters!"

The previous week, when she was actually filming the guest spot along with SMAP, an über-popular Japanese boy band and the titular hosts of the show, she even tweeted out a photo of the group.

We don't know what's going to come of the temporary suspension, but we do know one thing: It's probably best not to mess with the reigning Queen of YouTube.

SOURCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom