• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lager is the only good type of beer

Bolivar687

Banned
I've kinda grown out of putting away a case in short order. I'd rather drink liquor for that but my tolerance has gone to shit.

This just reminds me I haven't had a good stout in a while and could really go for one.

Jeeves

Lager can be okay...actually I rather like the Eliot Ness amber lager from Great Lakes.

IPAs can fuck off.

I'm all about stouts, porters, browns, reds, ambers and bocks. My wife likes sours and lambics.

One of my top favorites is Samuel Smith's nut brown ale. But all the stores near me stopped carrying it!!

Last edited:
Had this couple weeks ago, 4 bottles for 44 bucks... It was good, not 44 bucks good. Out of all the 600+ brands/types I drank (no exaggeration) I still could never pick up the different notes in ingediants. Oh yeah I tasted a hint of coriandar, lol

I appreciate all kinds of beer, nor am I a beer snob. Drink whatever makes you happy. Love me an ice cold coors from time to time.

This is a good one. Had it during a local "beer week" where breweries showed up at various restaurants and set up their beers on tap.

Was cool to try 120 Minute. I forgot how much it cost, but it was served in a tiny tulip glass. I remember it being strong, but smooth.

niilokin

Nah. Stout da best.
I LOVE stouts and porters. The more oaty and coffee-y the better!

2018_BreakfastStout_Featured.jpg

Last edited:

John2290

I like it cause it makes me drink less and pace more but I'd prefer brandy, whiskey or dark rum before beer.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
i've found myself as i get old as fuck gravitating towards the more crafty type Lagers but my go to tipple at the weekends is Sam Smith Organic Lager, don't let the Organic in the title make you feel like a nonce, its a lovely crisp refreshing Lager, no after taste and after 5 or so big bottles i'm proper fucked. When out with the lads... remember those nites when we went out to bars... my drink of choice is Guinness

Hudo

Don't really like beer. But when I have to drink one because of social occasions, I usually go for porters as they are the only ones that taste somewhat tolerable to me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The best thing about the pandemic is not getting dragged to another microbrewery to drink an IPA that tastes like every other IPA ever at every microbrewery in every major city. Or a wheat beer or a stout for that matter. Sometimes there’s a “sour” beer but I’m not a fan. Then there’s the shit they put into bourbon barrels that hits like a truck.

I’ve had exactly *one* great lager from a micro called “Mother-In-Lager” from Karbach in Houston and it’s seasonal. I asked why it’s seasonal and was told bluntly “it doesn’t sell that well, people want hops and not malt”.

Of course I’ve moved since then and Karbach sold out to AB so I have no idea if they still even make it.

Also it kinda sorta feels like the microbrew crowd is into microdistilleries now? I’m more out of touch than I used to be but it was looking that way sorta recently.

T8SC

Gold Member

Shouting lager, lager, lager, lager,
Shouting lager, lager, lager, lager,
Mega mega white thing,
Mega mega white thing.

Last edited:

manfestival

Had this couple weeks ago, 4 bottles for 44 bucks... It was good, not 44 bucks good. Out of all the 600+ brands/types I drank (no exaggeration) I still could never pick up the different notes in ingediants. Oh yeah I tasted a hint of coriandar, lol

I appreciate all kinds of beer, nor am I a beer snob. Drink whatever makes you happy. Love me an ice cold coors from time to time.

Hot dang dude... that is way more than I have ever paid for those beers. That is definitely one of my favorites. Dogfishhead is good. Granted I haven't been perusing the beer aisles or going to bars in the last like 3 years.

Pejo

Gold Member
A clean pilsner is my go-to, but lager is a fairly safe bet. You kinda always know what the taste is going to be within a certain range. IPAs are the biggest variety of flavors for one "genre" of beer, which is probably why there are so many of them, but I honestly don't like the overly hoppy flavor of most of them.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Ill drink any beer on the planet.

Hot take incoming

Except BUD.

Americans, if there is one thing you can always fix besides everything else in the country, it should be this.

An absolute disgrace of the term beer.

People make fun of me because i like Henekin...I still dont understand why.
Imagine having that with Amstel, which, in Holland, disregarded as a crappy beer (Most prefer Hertog Jan or, indeed, Heineken).
And those are fine regular beers too, but im an Amstel Ambassador.*

* Either of these 3 beers is leagues better than BUD, by the way. ''Bud'' in our language actually also means ''Terrible/crap'' and the irony is not missed there.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Ill drink any beer on the planet.

Hot take incoming

Except BUD.

Americans, if there is one thing you can always fix besides everything else in the country, it should be this.

An absolute disgrace of the term beer.

Imagine having that with Amstel, which, in Holland, disregarded as a crappy beer (Most prefer Hertog Jan or, indeed, Heineken).
And those are fine regular beers too, but im an Amstel Ambassador.*

* Either of these 3 beers is leagues better than BUD, by the way. ''Bud'' in our language actually also means ''Terrible/crap'' and the irony is not missed there.
good burger reading GIF

Top Bottom