• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laid Out On Venice Beach for 90min, Got Epic Sunburn, Could Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pain is so unbelievably agonizing I wish I could pull a Cartman, freeze myself and wake up in the future. I really hope this shit isn't 2nd degree and I turn into a fucking sore-ridden, skin peeling leper.

I've already taken advil and have applied aloe but it ain't helping much, can't fall asleep. Someone at least show me a knowthatfeelbro.jpg D=

Log4Girlz

I know that feel bro, I got way too many sun burns as a kid, horrific pain.

So fill a bathtub with vinegar and lay down.

saunderez

As an Australian who has been sunburned many, many times I sympathise but can only say, you should've used some sun block. 15 mins is all it takes to start feeling my skin begin burning, it freaking sucks.

The only advice I can give is buy some kind of aloe spray. The brand I use probably won't be available where you are but there should be alternatives. You'll want to use it every half hour but it will give some temporary relief.

aznpxdd

Yeah, sunburn sucks. My legs were sunburned so bad when I got water on it, the dead skin turned into powdered form smeared off...

Ooh sorry to hear that, been around people with bad sunburns before and it never looks like fun.

It's times like these that I'm glad I have a natural tan. Worse thats happened to me was my face peeled a bit a day after I took a nap on the beach while buried under sand with just my face exposed. Felt no pain though.

I feel you bro.

I remember as a kid being totally sunburned from top 'till bottom. I was a walking tomato. The pain man. Sleeping is impossible. Putting on clothes hurts. It really sucks. And when your skin starts shedding you look like a leper.

Danielsan

I spent my Saturday and Sunday chilling out in the sun on my balcony. I used factor 15 sunscreen and was mostly alright. Except for the fact that I made one crucial mistake. I forgot to put sunscreen on underneath my eyes and on my eyelids. Yesterday my eyelids felt like they were on fire. I looked like I had been up all night crying.
Bought some aloe vera based after sun lotion and it's a bit better today.

Striek

As a kid I got sunburnt a lot, spent all day every day at the pool or river every summer in Australias heat, almost never bothered with sunscreen. The worst I ever got had my arm blister up everywhere. That suckkkkkkkkkkkkked.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Get some Lavender essentail oil and mix it up with the Aloe gel and it'll help greatly to take the heat away.

LordCanti

I know that feel bro. When I was younger my family would often take trips to Las Vegas, and on one such occasion, I got pretty damn sunburned. Not only that, but the black plastic lining of my flip flops melted and basically adhered to the bottom of my feet (it was like...110F). Peeling them off hurt like a bitch, and the lingering pain of the sunburn was fairly excruciating.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I've never really gotten sunburned. At least not the way you describe.

I don't get why some people don't use sunscreen.

Well, in my case it's because I have some sun resilience and I just underestimated the amount of time I'd be spending outside by several hours. I have now purchased my own sunscreen since then- I usually just mooch.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I had archery on Sunday and was out in the morning sun for about 3 hours. Figured its the UK, and morning so it'd be fine. Ended up with lovely sunburn up my arms, but better than that, I have lovely zebra stripes where my arm protector went. So I'm now spending the week at work wearing long sleeves :)

Wallach

Edmond Dantès;38293555 said:
Using Aloe Vera gel will help a lot.

Yes. In fact we had a big aloe vera plant growing up, and once I had a sunburn that was unbelievably bad (I could hardly move without being in a lot of pain) and we cracked some of them open to rub directly onto my skin. It really does help.

althe13

i got sun stroke from lying at bondi beach in Sydney.... after getting motion sickness from being on a train for 12 hours to get there... and then because i was waiting in line to see Oprah afterwards i passed out and a helpful news reported came over and gave me some water. this was in the papers the next day:

'Several fans in the Macquarie Street queue looked exhausted as they waited to get in with at least one sinking to her knees and holding her head in her hands as she waited in the morning sunshine'
ughhh :(

so i know how u feel man :( try sleeping under a wet towel, using a spray bottle and aloe vera spray... and plenty of aspirin :(

Red

I would know that feel only if the sun didn't always caress my skin into a beautiful tan bronze. Sorry.

At least you have this to look forward to.
istock_photo_of_sunburn_peeling.jpg

See how big of a sheet you can peel off.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
As a frequent beach visitor (and currently sunburn).... Dude, take showers with cold water, use Aloe Vera and just ride it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom