• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LAN Party-11/20/08

Nizz

11/20/2008 | LAN Party - Podcast
After some talk about Left 4 Dead, Wrath of the Lich King, and hypothetical Guitar Hero copyright infringement, Anthony Gallegos discusses his recent hands-on time with Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2. Meanwhile, the poorly implemented soundproofing material in the new podcasting studio caves in, burying the entire LAN Party crew alive.

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/CGW/LP112008.mp3

Time to d/load...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Great show this week.
Ended too quickly.. make it longer!

voltron

Jtwo said:
Great show this week.
Ended too quickly.. make it longer!

Theyve been making a habit of that lately. 1.5hrs + or it doesnt happen. I demand you make our free product longer!

Woah, very interested in DoWII talk, especially with Anthony heading it. Will definitely listen tonight! Also interested in the, uh, soundproofing accident--hopefully it lives up to Black Dragon's sprinkler mess in the old studio. :lol

Seriously 1up your RSS Feed SUCKS ASS! Every other RSS feed I have on my list works fine, except yours. Either the Podcast won't start, or it will just drop out halfway through and I'll have to wait a while for it to come back on. I don't really no how hard it is, but yours is the only one on my list that does this, and it pissed me off to no extent.

GhaleonQ

I know that someone (Anthony?) was a religion major, but you guys were floundering around the religious history parts. Other than that, great job.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I hope I didn't piss 'Teanah' off with the stoned post in the 1Up Show Thread :/ She sounds kinda annoyed. I'M SORRY DUDE

AkuMifune

Banned
Why so short?

voltron said:
I demand you make our free product longer!

This.

Or better yet, let's take twitter to the next logical level of stalker creepiness and just attach a mic to Anthony so we can listen to everything he says all day long.

Zzoram

Tiamatsword22 said:
I think the starcraft unit was a dragoon.

That momemt was pretty bad.

Yes, it's the Dragoon that is a crippled Zealot's brain inside an exoskeleton.

In Starcraft II they are split between Stalkers (the ones that blink) and Immortals (heavy shielding).

Tubobutts

AkuMifune said:
Why so short?

This.

Or better yet, let's take twitter to the next logical level of stalker creepiness and just attach a mic to Anthony so we can listen to everything he says all day long.

I'd rather have that for Robert Ashley. He's dreamy.

eznark

Banned
I thought it was hilarious that the entire combined knowledge of Christianity in the room was apparently informed solely by Footloose.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
eznark said:
I thought it was hilarious that the entire combined knowledge of Christianity in the room was apparently informed solely by Footloose.
:lol

DoW2 sounds too awesome. and massive props on myth mention. Myth is the best shit ever. or at least it was when I played it. (1999?)

Halvie

Banned
Brobzoid said:

DoW2 sounds too awesome. and massive props on myth mention. Myth is the best shit ever. or at least it was when I played it. (1999?)

truth. Such an underrated game.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Halvie said:
truth. Such an underrated game.
god damn I really need another game like that. Is there any more recent game that builds on Myth or is it myth or bust if that's the type of game I want? Fallout Tactics maybe? Never played that one, but it's on GOG.com. Somebody help pls.

LCfiner

Liked the Left4Dead talk. My short experience with the demo was tons of fun. I might pick up the retail in a couple weeks (right now Gears and Fable are taking up all my time).

Does anyone else find it a little funny (or frustrating) that Matt has been talking about building a PC for, what, 5 weeks now and has seemingly played very little on PC because of this?

Q: So what have you been playing on the PC, so we can discuss this on our PC podcast?

M: Nothing. see, my PC is still a big pile of parts and I gotta put it together.

{repeat for over a month.}

Also, I hope everything is OK with Bobito and he's able to come back next week. I miss his dulcet tones.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
could we please get rid of tina. it seems so forced, for gods sake.

Sanjay

Matt's beat Stalker so he's on the right path and I do think he will be a avid PC gamer soon. But right now, during this busy term with so many game releases, more time should be focused with PC games which I think only half of this podcast was about. This podcast was basically Anthony Gallegos and 5mins talk from Ryan Scott with the biggest PC release of the year. Where Art Thou Bobito, we miss you.

LCfiner said:
what? nah, she plays tons of shit. doesn't seem forced to me.

Really? But I do hope that she would bring in the email's in from the PC community like she does with 1UP FM.

otake

bobito has been full of crap lately anyway! Talking about PC games he's only played on 360, fuck that!

As long as they don't bring David Ellis into the podcast, I'll keep tuning in though.

Sanjay

otake said:
bobito has been full of crap lately anyway! Talking about PC games he's only played on 360, fuck that!

As long as they don't bring David Ellis into the podcast, I'll keep tuning in though.

I don't care no more who they bring in as long as they talk about PC games :(

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
LCfiner said:
what? nah, she plays tons of shit. doesn't seem forced to me.

So... Starcraft (Protoss only), Call of Duty 4 PS3, Call of Duty 4 PC, Call of Duty 4 360, Call of Duty World at War, Left 4 Dead. Am I missing anything?

Tina has this really annoying habit of providing commentary on what's happening on the podcast, has anybody else noticed this? She'll say "that was a nice transition" or "that was a good beginning". It's irritating for some reason.

Not to mention her nonstop "oh shit" or "[insult] just kidding"

No_Style

eznark said:
She got them to stop talking Warcraft so she is A-OK.

But who will stop her from talking about CoD?!

Nah. I'm cool with that talk. Let's hope she brings more games to the table as time passes, though

otake

eznark said:
She got them to stop talking Warcraft so she is A-OK.

did she change the subject to call of duty, by any chance?

That woman must have stock in Activision or something.

Igo

otake said:
could we please get rid of tina. it seems so forced, for gods sake.

She's alright as long as she doesn't bring up the good grief stuff. That shit is so painful to listen to.

eznark

Banned
otake said:
did she change the subject to call of duty, by any chance?

That woman must have stock in Activision or something.

Kind of awkwardly and abruptly told a story about L4D, but that's not the point. The WoW talk was nipped in the bud, that is all that matters.

otake

They need to get real PC gamers in there! Ryan doesn't count as he's never talked anyway! Maybe they should invite someone from pc gamer podcast or something.

otake

I tell you wat, they shoud just hire me. I'll do the podcast by me lonesome!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Can't believe all the Tina hate, but then again there seems to be hate for every woman on a gaming podcast around here.

She is A-OK with me.

CoG

wmat said:
I hope I didn't piss 'Teanah' off with the stoned post in the 1Up Show Thread :/ She sounds kinda annoyed. I'M SORRY DUDE

I always assumed she was stoned all the time. In fact, I think the whole lot of them are pot heads.

Nizz

SnowWolf said:
So... Starcraft (Protoss only), Call of Duty 4 PS3, Call of Duty 4 PC, Call of Duty 4 360, Call of Duty World at War, Left 4 Dead. Am I missing anything?
Woah, she plays COD 4 on PS3? I should hit her up with a friend request. Now that I remember, she did mention one time that she had COD 4 running on all three platforms one time. :D

dskillzhtown said:
Can't believe all the Tina hate, but then again there seems to be hate for every woman on a gaming podcast around here.

She is A-OK with me.
Yeah, she's cool. She doesn't bother me...

LCfiner said:
Liked the Left4Dead talk. My short experience with the demo was tons of fun. I might pick up the retail in a couple weeks (right now Gears and Fable are taking up all my time).

Does anyone else find it a little funny (or frustrating) that Matt has been talking about building a PC for, what, 5 weeks now and has seemingly played very little on PC because of this?

Q: So what have you been playing on the PC, so we can discuss this on our PC podcast?

M: Nothing. see, my PC is still a big pile of parts and I gotta put it together.

{repeat for over a month.}

Also, I hope everything is OK with Bobito and he's able to come back next week. I miss his dulcet tones.
Yeah, I find it kinda funny about Matt's never ending journey to PC! Granted, the guy sounds like he has a lot on his plate. What with the 1up show and him getting ready to leave for vacation. He does genuinely sound enthusiastic about digging into PC games so I can't hate on the dude. ;)

Brobzoid said:

Myth also had probably one of the best demos ever. Past few years I had a habit of buying up all copies of Myth 1 I could find in the $1.99 used bin at Gamestops. I loved that game :( I still say some of the dwarf quotes in conversation with my brother, "Move here, move there!" "Make a hole!"

LCfiner

latinal3o0 said:
By the way, "she" is me. I was just having fun griefing you for a moment.
But I'll try to refrain from mentioning it as much

Quick, tell us Shane's GAF name. We'll keep it a secret.

Really. <_<

Top Bottom