• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Langrisser I & II ‘Langrisser II’ story trailer

Mista

Banned

NIS America has released a new trailer for Langrisser I & II introducing the story of Langrisser II.

Here is the Langrisser II story summary from game’s official website:
It has been centuries since the War of the Sacred Sword razed El Sallia. Now, incessant violence plagues the continent. Isolated battles arise all across the land, ravaging towns and nations, before creeping to the next. The Kingdom of Baldea is but a legend, and Langrisser is no more than a fairytale.

A young traveler named Elwin journeys the land with Hein, an amateur mage he met on his travels. One day during their travels, they decide to stay the night at an inn in Hein’s hometown, a small village known as Salrath. In the middle of the night, Hein bursts into Elwin’s room, pale as the night moon behind him. He claims that forces of the Rayguard Empire were seen on the outskirts of Salrath. They are searching for Liana, a young girl who lived there.

What business could the empire have with a village as peaceful as Salrath and a defenseless girl? Paying no heed to the precarious situation he was about to involve himself with, Elwin leaves for the countryside without hesitation to save her.

And here is an overview of the remake collection, via NIS America:
About

Langrisser I: The forces of darkness are descending upon the kingdom of Baldea. Take up your sword as Prince Ledin, and discover the evil that lies in the heart of the Dalsis empire.

Langrisser II: The forces of darkness once again threaten the realm. Thrust in between warring factions, it is up to our hero Elwin to navigate this war and determine which path will bring peace to this conflict.

Langrisser I & II is returning with both classic stories of good and evil now remade in beautiful high-definition visuals, reorchestrated music, and quality-of-life improvements to the gameplay and user experience that made these strategy RPGs truly legendary.

Key Features

• A Blade Honed to Perfection – Experience two classic titles with new art, music, and presentation.
  • Modernizing a Timeless Tale – Perfectly re-tuned gameplay for a modern SRPG feel.
  • Langrisser and Alhazard – Two legendary swords, two legendary tales—brought back to life with new localization and a new character!
Gematsu

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I keep forget this is coming out. I've always been kinda curious about the series, so I'll probably pick this up. Kinda hated the last Fire Emblem, so hopefully this'll help fill that void.

Wish it was dubbed in English. Will consider picking up the game as we near release, but I'm not particularly hungry for it right now. I do find the new art growing on me a lot, though at the same time, I never really cared much for the old art-style either so I was always welcoming for something new.

Music didn't impress me at all from that trailer, and that's a big deal for me. I'll look into the game more, as I do like the medieval setting, smooth Ar tonelico art, and Fire Emblem like strategy gameplay.

Graciaus

I don't know how the artist for the Ar tonelico series managed to make such generic art. The original style looks much better.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't know how the artist for the Ar tonelico series managed to make such generic art. The original style looks much better.
I heard you can switch between the new art and old art. I think new art was trying too hard to match the Satoshi's art style, which end up looking like less version of that.

Hestar69

This is probably the dumbest sentiment of all time when applied to a strategy RPG, which is 99% menus with *gasp* words.
Yeah, dumb of me wanting english dubs in a game that's going to cost 50.00 with crappy mobile graphics. I am also pretty much blind without glasses so I like to not have to sit close to the TV when I watch an anime or play a video game.

Yeah, dumb of me wanting english dubs in a game that's going to cost 50.00 with crappy mobile graphics. I am also pretty much blind without glasses so I like to not have to sit close to the TV when I watch an anime or play a video game.

screenshot19515.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's not on GOG, so no. NIS puts out a bunch of their stuff on GOG these days, so I'll play the waiting game with something that's not particularly high-priority like this.

Paltheos

I wish Japanese artists would go back to the artstyle they did in the 80s and 90s. It all looks so stale 99% of the time.

Definitely talking out of the contents of my ass here, but I blame, at least in part, A-1 pictures for flooding the anime market with a simplified style that defined what modern anime is supposed to look like. Most modern anime looks like it was drawn for economy rather than for style, and there are definitely artists who tweak the formula to make it not look like shit but, like, if I was to open up crunchy and look at a random show and watch it for a couple minutes I would probably think it looks like shit.

The original artist for Langrisser tended to the... extravagant - big eyes on long faces and voluminous hair (even by '90s standards). Honestly it's probably a bit much but for what I've played, just Growlanser stuff, it's not a bad fit and it's very distinctive.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Definitely talking out of the contents of my ass here, but I blame, at least in part, A-1 pictures for flooding the anime market with a simplified style that defined what modern anime is supposed to look like.
I admit A-1 pictures can make some crappy shows but time to time they make some great shows.

Also we get anime with interesting style like...

Paltheos

I admit A-1 pictures can make some crappy shows but time to time they make some great shows.

Also we get anime with interesting style like...

Oh, absolutely. I like Kaguya allot actually! From the New World is also really great. Just going off the top of my head here. But even in that show's case (From the New World), for whatever you want to say about the script, direction, animation- the art is weak. The character designs tend too much to bare-bones.

Javthusiast

Banned
Satoshi Urushiharas art is better in every way, glad you can easily switch between the remastered style and the classic.

Fbh

Did anyone pick this up?

I've never played any of these games though the trailer looks interesting. Is it a good fit if I'm looking for something that's a bit more like older Fire Emblem without the Highschool simulator part?

vkbest

Did anyone pick this up?

I've never played any of these games though the trailer looks interesting. Is it a good fit if I'm looking for something that's a bit more like older Fire Emblem without the Highschool simulator part?
there Is a PS4 demo on PSN

Reactions: Fbh

Clarissa

Banned
Did anyone pick this up?

Yes. It's a very solid strategy/tactical game without the high school simulator part. Buy with confidence.

Reactions: Fbh
Top Bottom