Lara looks a bit off......

I got the game yesterday, and I loved both previous TR games this was seems to be great as well. But, Lara looks off. I know a new studio is handling it but her character model (specifically her face and speaking animation) looks strange. Almost Mass Effect Andromeda strange. Here is a comparison pic and link to a video showing the differences:

What happened?

She started to look off when the "remaster" of the first one (2013) came out on ps4 / xbox, with a more anime-ish design, then it changed again in rise, and now it changes again in shadow, it's just like that, they change her face in each game for some reason.
I agree with this. Lara looked great in the 2013 reboot so I didn't like how they changed her in the remaster. I think she looks better in this than she did in Rise.

Last edited:
She started to look off when the "remaster" of the first one (2013) came out on ps4 / xbox, with a more anime-ish design, then it changed again in rise, and now it changes again in shadow, it's just like that, they change her face in each game for some reason.
Her face seems more round now and less narrow. I don't get it. Other characters look more detailed in the face...like Jacob.

The overall graphical quality seems worse too. Watch that video.

But, the game seems really good though. That's all that matters really.

She is still attractive, but her face is more rounder and almost fatter looking in the later games after tr2013. I’ve always noticed this in rotr and wonder why they change her face. I think they should of stuck with the more slender face and design from tr2013 because that was my favorite face.

Last edited:
Characters always change a bit in every sequel in every game. This one has a different developer so the changes are bound to be more noticeable. But nothing close to ME Andromeda. The game looks and plays very well.

Her model actually changes corresponding to the skin you select. If you select the TR2013 skin you'll get that model, if you select the TR2 skin you'll play with that model, etc.

Pretty cool touch if you ask me.

I really don't like her new look. I switched to the survivor outfit which changes her character model to the 2013 game and it looks much better. Big thumbs up for that!

I'm playing on PS4 and I got a notification the outfits from previous games were unlocked because I had save data for them, I think.

I really don't like her new look. I switched to the survivor outfit which changes her character model to the 2013 game and it looks much better. Big thumbs up for that!

I'm playing on PS4 and I got a notification the outfits from previous games were unlocked because I had save data for them, I think.
So, they put in different models based on the outfit you chose? Nice touch.

I like Shadow's Lara model more than Rise, but less than reboot. I must say, I do kind of enjoy the buffiness of new Lara.

Last edited: