• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Larry David Reportedly Working on a Film and S9 of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Movie in the Works? Larry David Reportedly Working on a Film and Season 9

larrydavid.jpg

Seinfeld creator Larry David is such a genius that he arranged an open deal with HBO that allows him to make seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm whenever he’s feeling "creatively motivated." The cult series has been on hiatus since 2011, but finally now in 2015 it appears that David is once again feeling inspired. The one exception, however, is that the comedian seems to think that another season isn’t just enough to satisfy his artistic urges. Turns out he wants to go even better, as there are rumors swirling around that Larry David wants to make a Curb Your Enthusiasm movie.

Sports radio host Chris Law and apparent friend of Jeff Schaffer, the co-creator of The League, recently tweeted that Schaffer mentioned he had dinner with David over the weekend and "a Curb movie was discussed, as was another season."

If that doesn’t convince you, note that Schaffer and David have a professional history together. According to Complex Magazine, Schaffer “worked as an executive story editor on Seinfeld for four years, collaborated on the stories for all of Curb season 8 as well as the HBO movie Clear History.”

I never realized that Schaffer worked on Curb. I always wondered how the League seemed to nail the improv part so well. I guess that answers it.

Jigorath

Banned
I'm down for another season of Curb, it's one of my favorite comedies. Just make sure to get JB Smoove and Jeff Garlin back.

But seriously, I'm glad Larry's taking his time between seasons of Curb and waiting until he feels he has strong enough ideas to go forward. It's probably to the show's credit that they aren't stuck on a yearly, back-to-back season contract.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
Haha.

I've just recently set aside time to check this series out and have been loving every minute of it. Already feeling the encroaching sadness as I only have maybe two or three episodes left to the series. Just been burning through them and having a blast, so this news is all kinds of welcome.

I'm also starting to believe that Rockstar made their Los Santos world builders watch every episode of the show and create each and every last location in-game. I get GTA V flashbacks every time I watch, and those flashbacks have only gotten more intense since Leon became a regular. That's the Chakra Attack guy isn't it? Has to be.

Edit: Looked it up on IMDB to confirm, and yup. Now I'm always going to mentally picture Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris with glasses.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sounds about right. HBO's Michael Lombardo said in the summer that Larry David had showed him a notebook allegedly dedicated to season nine plans.

"I'll tell you what I'm driving at! I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina and walked right on out of here!"

Or when Larry and Leon are coming up with the fake mugging "I'll fuck larry up and keep on rollin....somebody gotta get fucked up Larry"

Santiako

Please make the whole movie just a dinner party or Larry trying to find a parking space, or Larry buying groceries or something like that.

Nearly the end of my Curb rewatch since Amazon Prime added it so this is great news. I think Season 8 might just be the best season, too. Glad to see LD make more. Hope we get more Funkhouser.

Dalek

I was watching "Show Me a Hero" on HBO and the entire time I was distracted because I saw this guy on the show and I knew I recognized him from somewhere. About 2 hours later I blurted out "MOCHA JOE!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom