• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Larry David Reportedly Working on a Film and S9 of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Gozer-

JUMP IN THAT ASS, LARRY

larrydavid.jpg

kmfdmpig

That's great. I was wondering if there were any updates a week or two ago. I looked, found nothing and assumed it would just never happen as it has been so long. Curb is an all time great, so one more season would be amazing (of course I said the same about Arrested Development before the Netflix season and that didn't turn out so well).

I'm going to fack the Jew out of you!

I knew Larry couldn't resist coming out with another season.

I hope for more Richard Lewis as well. Best awkward bro chemistry ever.

The bad part about this is gonna be trying to rope friends into watching this show again.

Anyone else ever try to explain an episode of Curb to one of their friends? The way the episodes play out so that all the little story lines collapse at the end to fuck over Larry in the most hilarious way. Almost impossible to do them justice. I've probably turned more people off of the show than on with my terrible retelling of the episodes.

Shahadan

I've tried watching season 1 recently and wanted to just bitch slap everybody. The wife is really annoying, and the formula got old real fast for me.
Is season 1 the black sheep or is it the same for 8 more? ;(

Going to be tough to top season 8. Larry is a genius though so if anyone can do it, it would be him.

Clear History is already basically a Curb Your Enthusiasm movie. I am guessing it would be an HBO home movie and not a threatrical release as I could not see that being successful as a theatrical release. Mainstream movie goers are too dumb for Curb humor.

Futureman

I've tried watching season 1 recently and wanted to just bitch slap everybody. The wife is really annoying, and the formula got old real fast for me.

I had a friend who felt the same way.... just thought the characters were annoying and complaining all the time. I think that's just where the humor comes from.

It's crazy.... I remember renting the DVDs from Netflix for the first few seasons when I was in high school and I'm 31 now.

My GF and I have been blowing through comedy series on Netflix in the past year (Office -> Parks and Rec -> 30 Rock). We'll need a new series after 30 Rock and I know she's never watched Curb.

aku:jiki

Seinfeld creator Larry David is such a genius that he arranged an open deal with HBO that allows him to make seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm whenever he’s feeling "creatively motivated."
Wow. He's also the one who negotiated to make them all stupid rich off of Seinfeld too, right? What's his secret? I could use a few tips for my next salary negotiation.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Wow. He's also the one who negotiated to make them all stupid rich off of Seinfeld too, right? What's his secret? I could use a few tips for my next salary negotiation.

"Them All" being him and Jerry. The others didn't get points (which they bring up in the Seinfeld season.)

His secret is that he's willing to say no and to walk away from things while making a highly valuable product. It is the same reason for Louie CK's success.

Start with season 3 I would say and then go back and watch the first two seasons. Season 1 has some of the most classic curb moments but I can understand if it is a little slow or dry for newcomers. Even season 8 would not be a bad place to start. There is no huge story continuity from season to season so you can really start almost anywhere. Also the wife is not in season 8.

Crazy Eyez Killa
Palestinian Chicken
The Doll

Try those three and if they do nothing for you then the show is not for you. Those 3 are widely praised as the top 3 in the shows history.

I loved the ending of S8, the whole Black family storyline (in case you can't remember that was their name) was great and it ended on a good note.

Would be interesting to see if they were still involved, but yeah would love to watch another season!

"I'll tell you what I'm driving at! I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina and walked right on out of here!"

I just watched that episode last night! Only started watching Curb a two weeks ago on Amazon Prime. Great show, so many allusions to scenes in Seinfeld.

LordCiego

Yes this is great, comming from someone Who has only watched the first season.

Didnt knew about "Clear History" but for me "Whatever works" was basically a Curb your enthusiasm movie.

phanphare

Banned

watch the Ski Lift episode from season 5 and tell me it's not one of the single best episodes of television out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom