• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Larry David Reportedly Working on a Film and S9 of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beard

There really needs to be a S9. The S8 ending can't be the way the show ends. Why a movie though? Larry already gets to do whatever the hell he wants to on HBO. The show really shines in a 30 min format. I'm just not seeing the point of making a 90 min episode and calling it a movie?

Zach

Yesssss!

Sorry, I didn't even read the OP after seeing the thread title. Let me read the OP.

Edit: Yesssss! (Not sure about the movie, though.)

I've tried watching season 1 recently and wanted to just bitch slap everybody. The wife is really annoying, and the formula got old real fast for me.
Is season 1 the black sheep or is it the same for 8 more? ;(

Well, the characters are supposed to be annoying. Did you get to the last episode? I remember that one being really funny. But yeah, this probably isn't your show.

Social

I had the joy of only discovering this show this year. I binge watched the whole 8 seasons and am ready for more!! Bring it on!

There is only one negative in the whole series: Cheryl David. The actor and character are so damn annoying I just can't stand her. Was so glad when they wrote her out of the show.

Cheryl David had the best "Larry if you don't shut the fuck up" looks on her face though.
She really did that whole seething wife rage flawlessly. So much so that for a while I figured they had to be a real couple in the real world.

And hey, if her character is meant to be annoying at times, and she is annoying, she's done her job well.

gazele

Banned
There is only one negative in the whole series: Cheryl David. The actor and character are so damn annoying I just can't stand her. Was so glad when they wrote her out of the show.

Wait, what?!?

Cheryl Hines was great, like when she's supposed to be mad but can't help laughing

I've tried watching season 1 recently and wanted to just bitch slap everybody. The wife is really annoying, and the formula got old real fast for me.
Is season 1 the black sheep or is it the same for 8 more? ;(

Season 1 I felt was just a run up to the most cringe inducing social suicide situation in every episode. After season one, the formula changes a bit to where Larry sometimes 'wins' at the end of the episode, therefore changing formula way more towards what Sienfeld was.
That said, the show is supposed to be about assholes, and that does not change, so probably not for you.

It's so weird to hear that, cause she's like the only character who isn't written to be an obnoxious dirtbag...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom