• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Window: The Secret of Cape West |OT| Yes, it's in English! (No thanks to NoA.)

Minamu

The game arrived two days ago from Sendit :D Awesome. Haven't played more than 40 minutes maybe but it's good to see Kyle again after all this time :')

jesusraz

Glad to see people finally getting their hands on this and enjoying it. I'm not quite sure why reviewers keep saying you'll like it if you liked Hotel Dusk, then scoring it lower. Weird. Almost like they feel they have to give DS games 6s and 7s nowadays instead of 8s and 9s.

Anyway, Nintendo of Europe continues to plug this, with two demo pods for it at the Eurogamer Expo that's going on in London at the moment. Good to see it there, next to Dragon Quest IX and Tetris Deluxe.

Minamu

Maybe they think that Hotel Dusk is pretty much required reading (get it?) to get the most out of this game? Thus making it not being able to stand perfectly well on its own? Just a thought.

trinest

Minamu said:
Maybe they think that Hotel Dusk is pretty much required reading (get it?) to get the most out of this game? Thus making it not being able to stand perfectly well on its own? Just a thought.
Most likely their angle.

Huzzah! I finally got my copy in the mail today! ^_^

Now to just finish up Prof. Layton 3 and then I can finally play this.

MemoirsofMimi

Neo Member
My copy arrived earlier this week and I love it! I'm just about to start chapter 4 and so far I'm enjoying it a lot more than Hotel Dusk!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Finally caved and ordered this from thehut, when I happily realized that they must have gotten in another shipment of Maestro Jumpin' Music. I ordered both mid-last week, so I imagine I'll have them by the middle of this upcoming week. Good times! Been trying to get Maestro for a few months, now!

trinest

Mejilan said:
Finally caved and ordered this from thehut, when I happily realized that they must have gotten in another shipment of Maestro Jumpin' Music. I ordered both mid-last week, so I imagine I'll have them by the middle of this upcoming week. Good times! Been trying to get Maestro for a few months, now!
Maybe Maybe not.

All I know Is I ordered from them and I still havn't got Last Window dam it!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Both games have already shipped, and I've ordered from them a few times before and always got things rather quickly. I'm not concerned.

trinest

Mejilan said:
Both games have already shipped, and I've ordered from them a few times before and always got things rather quickly. I'm not concerned.
I am because I want it now and its been so long----

Its the one game I didn't want shipping issues with.

Peff

If I remember correctly
you need to go to her apartment and get the hat, sunglasess and the letter and show them to her, then her ring later on. The items are in a box above the wardrobe.

gamingeek

Peff said:
If I remember correctly
you need to go to her apartment and get the hat, sunglasess and the letter and show them to her, then her ring later on. The items are in a box above the wardrobe.

Thank you kindly, good sir.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
DevelopmentArrested said:
Anyone in Canada import this? Where's the best place?
Are there any import shops in Toronto that would carry this?
Finally, no chance this comes to NA right?

I imported it from zavvi.com a few weeks ago but it's still not here. A little disconcerting.

milkham

DevelopmentArrested said:
Anyone in Canada import this? Where's the best place?
Are there any import shops in Toronto that would carry this?
Finally, no chance this comes to NA right?
Playasia shouldn't be a problem

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Minamu said:
:O So Betty is REAL? :D *swoon*

At least Rachel is.

elena_t.jpg

Minamu

Of course, Betty was pretty much the only actress not shown :'( Sadly, the cafeteria girl was cuter in the game :S

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Minamu said:
Of course, Betty was pretty much the only actress not shown :'( Sadly, the cafeteria girl was cuter in the game :S

Kyle's actor didn't make it into the video, either. I recall that Kyle's motion actor wasn't that closer to the final character design, apparently the designer made some drastical changes.

And Claire's actress looks really closer the character design, IMO. I guess the video footage didn't get her best angles :lol

gamingeek

Yeah that behind the scenes thing was on the nintendo channel. So cool seeing the real actors, even Dylan who I wanted to punch in the face.

Reminds me of when the Disaster Day of Crisis mo cap was posted, then went missing from Reuben Langdon's blog.

gamingeek

Stuck on what I assume is the last puzzle.

I have the condor marks, I have the moon postcard. I am at the elevator. Now wut?

Peff

gamingeek said:
Stuck on what I assume is the last puzzle.

I have the condor marks, I have the moon postcard. I am at the elevator. Now wut?

The condor marks are arrows pointing to the buttons, their numbers tell you the order of the buttons you must push

gamingeek

Peff said:
The condor marks are arrows pointing to the buttons, their numbers tell you the order of the buttons you must push

I don't get that, what do you use as a base frame of reference for the position of the condors or buttons?

Peff

gamingeek said:
I don't get that, what do you use as a base frame of reference for the position of the condors or buttons?

You have to see where condor #1's beak is pointing to, and choose the elevator symbol in that square. Then condor #2, #3, etc, and then you press that sequence of buttons in the elevator after using the key

gamingeek

I feel like a doofus. I don't quite get it as the back of that moon postcard confuses me.

I will check it out again tonight, thanks.

gamingeek

Peff said:
Alternatively
3, 1, R, open door, 2, close door

Thanks, I still don't understand this puzzle. For instance 1 Q, what is the Q for? Or is 10 and if so there is no 10 to press on the elevator. What about 9 next to the open doors symbol? Am I supposed to press the open doors button 9 times? What the hell?

gamingeek

Peff said:
Alternatively
3, 1, R, open door, 2, close door

Just read this on gamefaqs

To discover the code to enter on the elevator panel, you must use the
condor engravings you found along with the symbols on the back of the
postcard. The direction that the BODY of each condor points refers to a
specific square on the postcard code, while the direction the HEAD points
refers to one of the numbers or symbols within the square.

So take condor I. Its body is pointing northwest and its head is facing
to your right. Look at the postcard code again -- take the northwest
square and choose whatever is written on the right, which is a 3. Do that
for all the squares, and you'll have the correct code.

gamingeek

Finally finished it. Man that postcard is filled with red herrings, it was easy once you knew this. :D

Great game. I think the story in the first game is better, but this is still good.

Wizpig

Finished it yesterday, mind-blowingly great game.
Buy this.
I was honestly sad during the credits thinking that this is Kyle Hyde's last adventure.

Do we have a "behind the scenes... Hotel Dusk" video? i want to see real life Dunning.

What about secrets? are there any secrets in LW? do i get something if i finish the game 2 times, like Hotel Dusk?
what about those sealed files in the novel? i didn't open any of them, what did i get? maybe the pool mini-game?

Davey Cakes

Night_Trekker said:
Damn you, NoA :mad:
Seriously.

Didn't Hotel Dusk sell pretty well for what it was? Like, at least 100K in the states? If Last Window is already translated and all, what's the real reason NOT to release it here?

MCD

I like suits, they are comfy and easy to wear.

Shampoo conditioner. That's right, I condition.

Rash said:
Seriously.

Didn't Hotel Dusk sell pretty well for what it was? Like, at least 100K in the states? If Last Window is already translated and all, what's the real reason NOT to release it here?

It would probably need a fresh translation. It doesn't seem like this one is up to the standards of the one we got in the NA release of HD. Maybe that's it.

I don't know. I was also under the impression HD sold pretty well.

watkinzez

Night_Trekker said:
It would probably need a fresh translation. It doesn't seem like this one is up to the standards of the one we got in the NA release of HD. Maybe that's it.

I don't know. I was also under the impression HD sold pretty well.

I didn't find anything especially different about the writing in this compared to Hotel Dusk. That quoted image on the first page is part of the in-game novelisation off the main menu, which is a bit pointless and something you can ignore entirely. I get the impression it's supposed to be badly written pulp, similar to Alan Wake's transcripts.

jesusraz

Bad news. I submitted my questions for the planned CiNG Q&A to NoE and the official response after some time was 'Apologies, but we are unable to fulfil your request for the Last Window interview.'

T.T

Nishastra

Banned
watkinzez said:
I didn't find anything especially different about the writing in this compared to Hotel Dusk. That quoted image on the first page is part of the in-game novelisation off the main menu, which is a bit pointless and something you can ignore entirely. I get the impression it's supposed to be badly written pulp, similar to Alan Wake's transcripts.
Yes, there is nothing wrong with the game's translation.

The novel is written by Martin Summer, and we all know how much he sucks :p

Top Bottom