• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest GTA update may have a glitch that disables car damage

hirokazu

They fixed.

OK, they're vindicated even though they took forver to fix it, LOL.

Maybe this car damage thing connected to reports of better performance I read in the other thread?

if you don't know that you're probably the one who doesn't care

Whoa there, cowboy!

I haven't had time to play since this latest patch and the release notes don't mention it at all (or I missed it because it was mighty long). Last time I checked online in January, it wasn't fixed. So, uh... yeah I do care?

OK, they're vindicated even though they took forver to fix it, LOL.

Is the car damage thing connected to reports of better performance, perhaps?

I'm hoping not but my gut is telling me it may be. The lack of deformation and the fact you can drive through hedges now makes me wonder if they disabled something in the physics system to improve performance/framerate.

Still, I'm not going to accuse them of that without evidence. That's just the tiny dark fear buried in my brain.

Punjicide

Yeah, the heist update seems to have messed up a few things in single player, I've experienced some the issues that people have mentioned in this thread on the 360 version.

- Some cars/planes/helicopters/boats that I bought are missing from my characters' garages/hangars/helipads/docks.
- The frogger helicopter is no longer available for purchase in single player.
- When I bring up my email on the phone, it gets stuck half-tilt, with it only going away when I jump out of my car.
- Trevor's appearance (hairstyle and clothes) has been reset to the default.

These are the just the ones I noticed in my short session, though I wouldn't be surprised if I've been affected by the vehicle damage glitch too. I decided it was best not to save my progress and wait for Rockstar to hopefully fix it.

FranXico

The Heist patch was version 1.05. And this is the one that introduced these single player glitches.

A couple of days ago, a new patch (1.08) was released, with bug fixes mentioned in the patch log.
Do any of you notice if the car damage bug is fixed now?

Derpyduck

Banned
Anyone else with the PS4 version still unable to get the "Load into GTA Online" setting to work? Every time I boot up it goes right into story mode. Even after the patch they applied yesterday.

pahamrick

Still no car deformation in SP after latest patch for me. Had a train Hit a car and all it did was rip the hood and doors off.

mzupeman

Banned
I noticed this last night on the PS4. Was wondering why my car didn't look like a piece of mangled swiss cheese after some intense run-ins with people.

This is really strange how we're all on the same patch version and some people are experiencing it and others aren't....

Have you all tried multiple different cars?

Here's what I got from my test, managed to fuck this one up real good in both SP and MP. Running the latest patch on PS4

16627156258_edd84be59a_b.jpg

16813615501_295bf54fb0_b.jpg

16194789313_8896251be7_b.jpg

SID 6581

I've just noticed this problem in my PS3 version.

No deformation of cars and the phone gets frozen a few frames into the animation of moving it from portrait to landscape when looking at a text or email.

I'm on the latest patch and have recently reinstalled (disc version.)

Does the car armor and bulletproof tires prevent damage? I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but I'm not getting any severe damage. I should try a car I haven't dumped any money into.

Marvel

could never
I love this game but boy is it a bit of a mess... I've had the no shoot guns/flip people off in a car glitch for weeks too.

Does the car armor and bulletproof tires prevent damage? I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but I'm not getting any severe damage. I should try a car I haven't dumped any money into.

It reduces deformation but crashing hard enough would still trigger it noticeably. It's definitely still borked in this patch.

I'm on Xbox One, and I noticed this morning that it had patched (sometime in the last day). Digital version of the game, if that matters.

Single player, Franklin's Buffao unmodified:
iqVRoo3facCbP.png

Online, random car I stole then wrecked:
ibcMQAoqq9sQWD.png

But when I try online with a car that has full armor upgrades and bulletproof tires, it doesn't seem to ever deform. It still should, shouldn't it? I threw this one off a couple mountains and rammed about a dozen cars at full speed, then took this clip. Notice all the crashing doesn't mes with the acceleration or handling either.
http://xboxclips.com/F1eshfeast/1368b9b3-83e4-4c51-9c6f-41e83adae357

Simo

Played last night on PS4 and the cars still take no damage. We even took a friend's newly purchased DB7, put it on the roof of Maze Bank with the cargo bob and drove off...no damage asides for a door falling off. lol

So still fooked for me and my friends on PS4.

Timurse

Banned
I have no deformations as well. Tried to search with google and in Twitter, seems like the issue is present for many people for a few days now.

Also I can't enter either of my 2 apartments in GTA Online, the game hangs showing the house itself or a garage door, though you can use menu (map, friends, stats, etc) and leave the session choosing "Find new session" option for example.

So now I can't enter any of my garages or apartments, thus can't host a new heist (after I completed the second one Lester never called or messaged me since, therefore I complete heists that are hosted by my friends).

PLS Rockstar fix the game.

Top Bottom