• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest iPhone 7 rumour roundup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
god I hope so.

cost (margin) and likely space (bigger battery?)

but beyond that, it starts the march toward eliminating the dinosaur. It's like people still wanting optical audio. "Because all of my headphones use it". Why do all headphones use it? Because it's available. Then all headphones use it "So why would you eliminate it?"

To break the damn cycle.

It might be a dinosaur but at least it sounds decent, doesn't require additional hardware like a DAC in the headphones, and doesn't have the signal break up randomly as you walk around town. And if they're going to support lightning as a physical connection then what's the point? You're just trading one socket for another (and maybe losing the ability to charge while listening)

They can start by putting a decent Bluetooth connection then. Why have plenty of android phones got apt X support but not iPhone (yes probably because of licensing costs). Maybe they'll improve that if they ditch the headphone socket, but I'd have preferred to see something like that sooner

shira

256 GB with usb 2.0
ashot_rubick.gif

le-seb

However, if they manage to make wireless earbuds without the drawbacks of added bulk (as I hope they're able to do before dropping the jack), that could be seen as real progress because it would make the headphone jack less necessary.
You'll miss the jack when you'll be in a plane, though.

Blablurn

The Verge is reporting

When analyst Ming-Chi Kuo first floated the rumor that the iPhone 7 Plus would have dual rear cameras, back in January, the caveat was that Apple would likely offer a single camera version of its large model as well. Now Ming-Chi Kuo has revised his original prediction, saying Apple has settled on just offering the dual-camera in the 5.5-inch Plus, and will also include 3GB of RAM in that model to handle the image-processing requirements.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/11/11658846/iphone-7-plus-rumor-dual-camera-3gb-of-ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom