• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Officially Revealed for Street Fighter V, Everyone Act Surprised

Neoxon

10818320_10153763693502147_7621762478053719393_o.jpg

Before anyone asks, yes, Laura is indeed Sean's older sister. She's the middle child of the Matsuda family.

94cbfd6bd370de4e956a250a9d36f1e7.png

Another new character enters the fray. Announced moments ago at Brasil Game Show, allow me to introduce the latest addition to Street Fighter V: Laura Matsuda! Fighting out of Brazil (home of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu), Laura specializes in Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu, a first for the Street Fighter series.

As the next heir of the famed Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu fighting style, Laura is constantly looking for strong opponents around the world to defeat, in an effort to spread the Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu’s name and prestige. Generally a happy and outgoing spirit, Laura finds she is the most content and most focused in the heat of battle.

4ee4e723f0be7317c21b95587995ecbe.png

a8b0ea4e30a6ad76b40e4f66a2acf229.png

Laura’s methodical grapple style and quick movement will make her a favorite for those who like to specialize in “up close and personal” mind games. Using a variety of quick moving attacks and command grabs, opponents will have to always to be on guard to stop Laura from overwhelming them quickly.

c85f68c47f559936234eb48782c471ae.png

d9164cdf3d8db7870378399b3469b763.png

Laura is also the first grappler in the Street Fighter series to ever have a projectile! This really changes up how she approaches her opponent and how opponents can approach her.

V-Skill: Linear Movement

c76525b451879419125d8b0fa9c952e4.png

5d6e60d4951def2eb2023d21446ac726.png

By holding either back or forward and pressing medium punch + medium kick, Laura moves in the corresponding direction, getting her in and out of the opponent’s range at will. If no direction is held during the V-Skill activation, she will perform an overhead kick.

V-Trigger: Spark Show

f6c7f29e71bf4206d104cb0d505ec101.png

25b4d946d866588dcf9801b12c9c7b46.png

Laura gets ready to zap the competition when she activates Spark Show. During her electrifying state, Laura’s Thunder Clap projectile flies further, she deals more stun on her attacks and grabs, and moves around further during her Linear Movements.

With Laura being our third brand new character, representing a brand new fighting style, you never know who’ll make it into Street Fighter V. Which fighting style do you think will be the next addition to Street Fighter V? Stay tuned and talk to you guys next time!
Source: Capcom Unity, Street Fighter's YouTube Page

Gbraga

Holy shit, her lightning is way more Blanka-like than I imagined! She looks fun as hell.

Mika is still my girl in this game, but she's at least top 3 now.

It's like someone decided to fuse Alex, Sean and Blanka into one character. I like how she got Alex' air knee smash and Sean's turn kick special. Her overall animation has a certain weight to it to boot. Her electric effects are cool without being overly done as well.

Definitely the best new character so far.

Tizoc

That trailer was hype and holy shit they gave her Blanka's super!

I like that her style is all about limb snapping.

Dat ass doe~

notworksafe

She went through Ken's fireball with something at 0:35ish. Guess everyone is getting projectile mitigation for sure.

kunonabi

Really disappointed with the super, rolling around the screen, really? :/

Would make sense for Blanka's daughter.

Overall I'm really liking her. That fireball looks like it could be really useful. Can't wait to see her alts since I'm not digging the hair and those pants.

Love the look and feel. She's got a lot of really great style and stands out among the crowd.

But that was not the voice I imagined when I first saw her...

Top Bottom