• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers is coming to PS4 this year, will cost $30 on PC/PS4

I saw this on Reddit, for anyone interested :

"He's doing an AMA right now. Xbox came up:"

Xbox hopeful here. Even if Lawbreakers doesn't make it to the xbox one what are your thoughts on Scorpio, Impressed? Lacking? Bonus Question, what was your thoughts on Rod/The Coalition's take on Gears and do you know the strife of forever 83%'ers permalinkembedsavereportgive goldREPLY

[–]DudeHugeOnReddit 1 point 14 minutes ago MS is getting their shit together. They're putting it in a backpack or in a shit museum and getting it alllll together. Scorpio is promising. MS bet on Kinect too hard last round. Don't rule out an Xbox version, btw. Enjoyed G4, played through it with Lauren. Curious how much of my ideas will stick as they continue with the series... :)

Really surprised Microsoft didn't jump on this, with Cliffy working with them in the past with Gears and also this is the type of game MS seems to be going for these days.

So letting Sony get hold of it first is a little strange and another fumble when it comes to bringing more games to Xbox.

kodecraft

Good that console is getting some love. I have played in both Alpha and Betas. Fun, fast, and frenzy gameplay. Day one, PC.

Madness

Lol, what does that tweet have to do with your post? Where did he say what you're saying he did?

I am speaking about those asking why no Xbox version and yet one of the most senior execs at MS/Xbox has no clue about what platforms Lawbreakers is coming on. Meaning they didn't attempt any marketing and also that Sony probably got the marketing or exclusivity locked up ala No Man's Sky.

Also touching back on point of Phil Spencer saying this gen, they were giving up third party marketing to focus on bolstering first party IP and brands but which so far did not come to fruition. Remember Microsoft even gave up their CoD marketing deals, when even now Black Ops 2 BC is more played than Halo 5 or Gears 4 on XBL right now and CoD was synonymous almost with 360. Point being, doesn't even seem like getting Lawbreakers was on their radar. So why are Xbox fans upset or surprised now.

Kayant

Jesus the cringe

This is like a thing... Make games for Xbox for years... As soon as they leave exclusive something with Playstation (cliff and bungie)
Really... I hope this is sarcasm. Firstly where has any exclusivity been announced with the PS verison. Secondly both companies where in contact or an least saw lawbreakers around the same time https://mobile.twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/637394356190728192
So really without knowing details it's likely Sony pushed for this more than MS to be able to get it on their platform first.

Again MS had first dibs with Destiny but for whatever reasons that deal fell through.

PrinceKee

From the PS4 gameplay looks like it may kinda scratch my Quake or UT itch which has me contemplating building a PC. Signed up for the beta, hopefully I get in...

Shin-Ra

Really... I hope this is sarcasm. Firstly where has any exclusivity been announced with the PS verison. Secondly both companies where in contact or an least saw lawbreakers around the same time https://mobile.twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/637394356190728192
So really without knowing details it's likely Sony pushed for this more than MS to be able to get it on their platform first.

Again MS had first dibs with Destiny but for whatever reasons that deal fail through.
They can't keep getting away with this!

Rembrandt

Banned
I am speaking about those asking why no Xbox version and yet one of the most senior execs at MS/Xbox has no clue about what platforms Lawbreakers is coming on. Meaning they didn't attempt any marketing and also that Sony probably got the marketing or exclusivity locked up ala No Man's Sky.

Also touching back on point of Phil Spencer saying this gen, they were giving up third party marketing to focus on bolstering first party IP and brands but which so far did not come to fruition. Remember Microsoft even gave up their CoD marketing deals, when even now Black Ops 2 BC is more played than Halo 5 or Gears 4 on XBL right now and CoD was synonymous almost with 360. Point being, doesn't even seem like getting Lawbreakers was on their radar. So why are Xbox fans upset or surprised now.

I'm sure he knew the platforms and his tweet was more toward the why.

But the second point - that's a lot of extra stuff unrelated to this game to bring up in this thread. This game barely even got attention around here before this thread.

Glad this game is getting some more interest, though.

The LawBreaker PS4 reveal on YouTube contains interesting comments. Why do people resort to YouTube comments to display their intelligence?

Bishop89

Nice!

cliffy_b1.jpg

Top Bottom