• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Layers of Fear 2 launches May 28th

Mista

Banned
Layers-of-Fear-2.jpg

The sequel to the acclaimed indie 2016 horror game, Layers of Fears 2 finally has a release date set for next month. Publisher Gun Media and developer Bloober Team have announced that the game comes out at the end of May- on the 28th, to be precise. We don’t know a huge amount about it, but the bits and pieces we’ve been shown will be very familiar to fans of the first game.

Set on a ship and following a new set of characters (the game is not a direct narrative follow-up to the original), Layers of Fear 2 will have a focus on films as opposed to the art and paintings that took centerstage in the first game, with the main character being an actor named Jimmy.

JRW

I entered giveaways for PC/Xbox/PS4 & won a key for PS4 version but man it runs pretty bad on a base model (slim) it sometimes has trouble maintaining 30fps , theres an unlock FPS option which makes it occasionally rise above 30 but it stutters a lot more unlocked, Seems like the game is best suited for PS4 Pro. (was hoping to play it on PC, Rip).

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

The first one runner pretty bad but was great for the rest.
I bought the second (one X), it seems it’s great too.
Can’t wait to hear the voice of Tony Todd tonight !

Exentryk

I played the original last week, and it was pretty poor. Reading some of the reviews, this one seems more of the same.

I was expecting more from this team after Observer.

Layers of Fear 2 is an enjoyable horror adventure, but rarely does anything new with the genre. I’ve seen it all before, and given the excellence of Bloober Team’s last project, this feels like a step backward in terms of both ambition and quality.

Last edited:
The first one was rough and didn't live up to its potential, but it had its moments. It ran like shit.

I've played the first chapter of this one because I was craving a horror game after Resident Evil 2, and it's better in that regard. It's been okay so far.

Last edited:

JRW

The first one was rough and didn't live up to its potential, but it had its moments. It ran like shit.

I've played the first chapter of this one because I was craving a horror game after Resident Evil 2, and it's better in that regard. It's been okay so far.

Guess I just had to get used to 30fps (i'm so used to 60fps+ gaming on PC, my PS4/X1 have been collecting dust for ..... a long time) but now that im a few hours into Layers of Fear 2 it's not so bad, I'm enjoying it tbh.

I'm a big horror game fan and only reason I was interested in Layers 2 is that I liked the original, especially the DLC chapters that came later. I played it on PC tho so framerate wasn't an issue.

Last edited:
Guess I just had to get used to 30fps (i'm so used to 60fps+ gaming on PC, my PS4/X1 have been collecting dust for ..... a long time) but now that im a few hours into Layers of Fear 2 it's not so bad, I'm enjoying it tbh.

I'm a big horror game fan and only reason I was interested in Layers 2 is that I liked the original, especially the DLC chapters that came later. I played it on PC tho so framerate wasn't an issue.

I didn't play the DLC. Did I miss something really good?

Top Bottom