• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LCD > TV outputting help required.

Alright, so I'm running ZSNES on my HP Pavillion N5000 laptop. It looks fine on the LCD but since this thing evidently has an output to television, I'd rather play on that (wider viewing screen). However when I do, the screen is constantly flickering, or rather jumping vertically about 2 pixel lines. This is terribly annoying.

The output looks like a regular "yellow" AV out. As such I've been using regular composite cables. HP's site mentiond "75ohm" RCA type cord. Is this different? Also, I'd prefer S-Video output, and the TV>LCD program thingie mentions "S-video" output. Does anyone know if there's a proprietary cord available that I don't know about?

Also, I checked the flicker reduction to "high" and the computer is running at 60hz (and this is an NTSC television.)

So any ideas? I'd appreciate it.

Not quite. I only emulate games I happen to own. I follow that rule quite strictly. :p

I've been testing out some emulators to make sure this thing is working properly.

So help would be appreciated. :p

BeOnEdge

Banned
i have an HP laptop as wel and do the same thing. if it has a radeon 9200 m you should have an svideo out. just get an svideo cable. for sound i have a y cable with a stereo headphone jack on one side and red/white audio on the other. i just plug it into my TV and whala! sound and video. also, the flicker you are refering to may be because you are using the TV as the secondary source. i found that it processed the 2nd source like shit. go into advance properties and make the TV the primary display then switch it back once you're done.

No Radeon here. Some sort of "cyberblade" shitty card inside. Bleh.

When I switch over, the LCD goes blank, so I presume the TV is already primary, or am I wrong?

BeOnEdge

Banned
mine has a "dual display" option. you have to make sure the resolutions are set correctly if it has dual display. if not i'm guessing you're outputting directly to the TV thats why it kills the LCD.

Top Bottom