• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 6

zkylon

zkylewd
I like the roster changes and drama in the OT. I understand the desire to avoid spoilers (I'm a VOD watcher myself) but general competitive league happenings generally wouldn't spoil anything.

yeah i agree, i don't think roster changes are fine on the ot

spoiler stuff 100% has to be here tho

Hard

Banned
Autorelegation gone from LCS! That's the most notable change. Reseeding in playoffs as well.

http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/2016-lcs-spring-split-rules-changes

So there's a chance TiP might not get relegated?
giphy.gif

faridmon

Half of the LPL teams are ones I don't recognise :(

I am sticking with China, considering their playstayle being more aggressive and hence, fun. I just hope they also include other regions meta and be more adaptive to the scene than what they were in the Worlds.

EDG' triple TP was really embarrassing.

Hard

Banned
I dunno if anyone is interested, but feel free to join.

189px-CS_NA_logo2.png

NORTH AMERICAN CHALLENGER SERIES QUALIFIERS FINALS

Cy30hDc.png
vs.
ujGuPEf.png

Team Liquid Academy vs. Team Frostbite

Top: Derek "Zig" Shao vs. Edward "Rohammers"

Jungle: Joshua "Dardoch" Hartnett" vs. Zaryab "Zary" Syed

Mid: Jung "Youngbin" Young-bin vs. Michael "Wolfe" Taylor

ADC: Jovani "Fabbbyyy" Guillen vs. Li "Massacre" Yu Sun

Support: Matthew "Matt" Elento vs. Nickolas "Hakuho" Surgent

Coaches: Michael "Warlock" Al-Agha & Joedat "Voyboy" Esfahani

Undercard of Samadder Gaming vs. Top Dog Gaming will be streamed if there's time.

Samadder Gaming: Chorong / Shernfire / Pekin Woof / Double G / Stuntopolis

Top Dog Gaming: Brandini / Akaadian / Slooshi / P1noy / Lohpally

Hard

Banned
Maybe they should. Rohammers seemed kind of uncomfortable on Malphite. Then again, there isn't a lot of follow-up even if he ults Fabbbyyy or Youngbin.

everytime Monte says Expression i hear Xpecial

i thought RNG was that team Maple was on but there's a LPL team with RNG would be awkward if they ever played in the same game

I did a fantasy draft last night with an eight team League and managed to get a completely stacked roster. I got Power of Evil, Forgiven, Svenskeren, Cabo, Kasing, Origen, and Stixxay (as flex, I think he has a lot of upside, and dat Penta). I diversified teams way more than everyone else in my league, a lot of them put all their eggs in one basket for teams like Fnatic, who will remain unproven.

Hard

Banned
Hmmm should I use Csaci or Impact?

Also Shook or Trick for Week 1? I held off getting a jungler until late so I could snag Nukeduck & Adrian and a few other power picks. Trick has the potential to be good so I took a chance on him.

Should I start Piglet or Odoamne as my flex this week?

Rest of my roster is: Soaz, Svenskeren, Febiven, Hjarnan, Adrian, Immortals. Alts are Fenix and my sleeper pick, Moon.

Gamsu was one of the best things on Dig last season, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how he performs on a (probably) more consistent team.

Hard

Banned
That's probably GG soon. That Lissandra top pick was pretty poor. Should have chosen a more tanky champ. When you have support Trundle and off-tank Lee as the front line compared to Olaf & Zac, there's not much of an opportunity to get to the back line and do damage.

PoE also got jumped on hard by Febiven, though that was to be expected with the RoA pick. OG tried too hard to get to the late game with this early-game meta, and FNC punished them hard for it. Great play by Gamsu on Olaf.

zkylon

zkylewd
really digging the new lcs visuals

a lot cleaner and more pleasant to look at

the champ select music is also really good, straight out of deus ex human revolution or something

Ori does damage eventually. It's just a question of whether or not games last long enough anymore for people to get to the really painful Orianna.
it's a build thing tho

roa delayed her damage by a whole lot. fqc into morellos or fqc into deathcap would've been much better for a game so decided on the midgame, poe got the roa at what, 18 minutes? that's really late to start stacking it

those wonky builds are one of the things i hoped poe didn't bring with him from uol

Edwardo

Graves jungle yo

Ori does damage eventually. It's just a question of whether or not games last long enough anymore for people to get to the really painful Orianna.

Edit: I thought THIS season was Bo2's and Bo3's and now I'm sad.

Not til the summer split.

Haven't payed attention. What'd they do to him that made him viable in the jungle?
Made his shotgun an actual shotgun that deals a lot of damage to up close targets, made his Q fucking scary near walls and made his E give him a big amount of resistances that he can just keep up with autos.

Hard

Banned
Man, that OG vs. Fnatic game FUCKED my fantasy man

Febi and Rekkles racking up 26 and 27 to Zven's 9. Thank god Trick did well.

Nekofrog

Banned
if you think graves jungle is good (it is) don't be afraid to play graves top, too. suffers from the same "immobile adc" in a solo lane in that he can get camped, but top graves generally builds off tank with some AD and still decimates everything, on top of being unkillable.

yomou's into steraks and you can fight the enemy top and jungler 1v2 and make it out alive a lot of the time.

Hard

Banned
Vitality vs. ROCCAT up next. I can't wait to see Safir play, I never got a good look at him during his time in Renegades.

Top Bottom