• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Jezan

Well, League isn't about killing though

Its about objectives and map control
Maybe decrease gold per enemy killed and increase it for tower destroyed?

i think the problem of support is that the adc thinks the support is its nanny. If they kill something they are good, if support hits the enemy and kills it the. we are kill stealing, if support dies and adc survives we are idiots and feeding the enemy, if the adc dies and sup survives "you fucking idiot need to protect me, learn to play". If both die: "fucking supp it's your fault I'm going afk".

Instead of reinforcing the meta in the way that the adc is the only one that gets support, the sup should be like a line jungle, ganking lines and supporting the 3 of them, maybe an item that ups movement speed when moving between lines but goes down to normal if you deviate from course and start wandering, the item disappears when you reach 20minutes. After the landing phase ends many supps change build anyway.

But that's my opinion, many times I change from mid to support thanks to the whiny kids that want mid, so I end supporting as my mains That have almost no CC and yet build as an hybrid mid-support, end up doing mid's job.

Newt

I have two modes, sometimes I like tryharding, sometimes I like taking it chill.
Maybe decrease gold per enemy killed and increase it for tower destroyed?

i think the problem of support is that the adc thinks the support is its nanny. If they kill something they are good, if support hits the enemy and kills it the. we are kill stealing, if support dies and adc survives we are idiots and feeding the enemy, if the adc dies and sup survives "you fucking idiot need to protect me, learn to play". If both die: "fucking supp it's your fault I'm going afk".

Instead of reinforcing the meta in the way that the adc is the only one that gets support, the sup should be like a line jungle, ganking lines and supporting the 3 of them, maybe an item that ups movement speed when moving between lines but goes down to normal if you deviate from course and start wandering, the item disappears when you reach 20minutes. After the landing phase ends many supps change build anyway.

But that's my opinion, many times I change from mid to support thanks to the whiny kids that want mid, so I end supporting as my mains That have almost no CC and yet build as an hybrid mid-support, end up doing mid's job.

Eh, complaining about KSing and stuff is pretty much just a low elo thing. Anyway I think support is fun, and doesn't really need to be changed. Only change I would make to support is nerfing Nami.

Quonny

I'm just so over tryharding. You don't get anything worth the struggle and it just causes stress and rage.

I play to gold/get placed in gold and just start playing the champions I want.

Newt

I'm just so over tryharding. You don't get anything worth the struggle and it just causes stress and rage.

I play to gold/get placed in gold and just start playing the champions I want.
Not like you really need to play meta stuff to climb.

TheFlow

Banned
Is THEFLOW back?

giphy.gif

the meta seems to have changed a lot within the month. two new champs, tank updates, and changes for crit.

faridmon

I am so used to Lulu's shield that I am saddened by the small nerf on her shield. Would rather take a nerf on her aggressive stats than her defensive one.

Quonny

Id prefer 10 minutes but its a good thing.
It's definitely a good thing at higher tiers of play

However, throws are super common at lower tiers. The number of people who afk/feed/don't care at 15 minutes will now be pushed up to like 10 minutes, where comebacks are more possible.

I dunno. Feel like this should be a diamond+ thing or a premade thing.

It's definitely a good thing at higher tiers of play

However, throws are super common at lower tiers. The number of people who afk/feed/don't care at 15 minutes will now be pushed up to like 10 minutes, where comebacks are more possible.

I dunno. Feel like this should be a diamond+ thing or a premade thing.

All it takes is 1 person saying no for it to not pass.

That can be you quonny. You can say no. I believe in you.

pls the issue isnt that it will/won't pass

the issue is the mentality that 'gg at 15' will now take place at like 10 minutes instead of 15

If a team was intent on gging at 15

Then even those 1/2 dissenting votes wont stop then from surrendering 5 minutes later.

It takes a team that wants to win to continue playing against the odds. If a team was intent on surrendering at the first death, then nothing is going to stop them from continued thinking like that. Essentially, a team that feels they lost 10 minutes in is going to lose 10.minutes in because they wont be trying as hard.

zkylon

zkylewd
rito is gonna start uploading short videos here: http://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/collection/animation-workshop/

first video

spiders aside, i don't like it, it seems like a recurrent thing in all riot story bits to put female characters in a submissive position only to have them break out of it. this one even has like rape indications, which is also really boring, and none of it does any character building or says anything interesting about mf

also while i like the song, i think the music choice is bad since a song openly talking about america sounds super weird in a league context. there's a reason they used it in bioshock infinite, the lyrics of that song don't fit so good here

the only good part is the spider part, that's a bit of a character thing

pls the issue isnt that it will/won't pass

the issue is the mentality that 'gg at 15' will now take place at like 10 minutes instead of 15
It changes nothing lol, if you're down 10+ kills by 10 minutes by the time you'd hit 15 minutes people would already be inting and afk farming.

zkylon

zkylewd
rammus q being a channel i wonder if it's interrupted by roots too, since it's a movement ability

if that were the case that'd be great for someone like lux

Tizoc

The new changes to ARAM are interesting, will be looking forward to seeing how matches turn out now.

New Rammus is worth a look too.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow hadn't played against new maokai

who thought stacking maokai saplings in a brush to literally oneshot squishies was a good idea

and that shit is barely getting nerfed

playing against that + shaco is the worst experience ever

JulianImp

Played some normals with cousin, and I've got to say low-level normals are ridiculous...-ly boring. It's kind of funny the amount of jank you get to see (2top 24/7, adc Veigars), but ultimately having better knowledge of the game results in pretty dumb kills. Like, I could consistently get away with pseudo-ganks by going back into toplane through the river to catch both enemy toplaners off-guard because nobody ever wards yet, and they constantly overextend for a kill (like, my cousin was down to 5% hp and yet their top Ashe ran after me since I had 1%, and then she promply died to him because of that.

Leezard

who thought stacking maokai saplings in a brush to literally oneshot squishies was a good idea

Yeah, the sapling damage is ridiculous.

It's not even getting nerfed, they reduced the base damage a tad but now it does 8% max HP damage at all ranks.

They need to make it so you can only have one super sapling per brush, or that saplings beyond the first deal massively reduced damage or no damage at all. Not even Teemo can stack his fucking shroom effects, why is this shit allowed?

Leezard

It's not even getting nerfed, they reduced the base damage a tad but now it does 8% max HP damage at all ranks.

They need to make it so you can only have one super sapling per brush, or that saplings beyond the first deal massively reduced damage or no damage at all. Not even Teemo can stack his fucking shroom effects, why is this shit allowed?

The dot is not stacking, only the initial damage. But yeah, they should move more damage into the dot or just massively nerf any other initial hits if you are currently affected by the dot.

TheFlow

Banned
Solid patch overall. The lulu nerfs seem to punish bad players, and mistakes. Fair enough

Had a great first day playing league. My second game we won only because our Jungler took every dragon, and we beat them out of baron twice.
XRcr2gm.png

one thing that I learned is that control wards are crucial

drawkcaB

How about Riot stops fucking around and pull a Kog'Maw on Maokai? There's no reason to assign significant effort towards balancing a more obnoxious kit that is also less fun to play.

Shit rework is shit. Can it and start over with the nonsensical constraint of a self imposed deadline.

It's somewhat aggravating that Maokai was selected for "special attention" as part of the tank class update and a reworked Rammus comes out the following patch with much better thought out changes.

Leezard

Maokai can keep his new ult, that one is cool. Just move his damage away from his E to his other skills so he can't cheese botlane anymore.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i think the new ult is good and the other changes to his kit seem alright

the only problem is the saplings, even if it did less damage it's not a good play experience to go into the brush and be chunked by something you can't see or dodge

it feels really misguided

Top Bottom