• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

JulianImp

Is Mao viable bot then? I'm stuck in G1/P5 limbo and might need some cheese to get out.

I've been terrorizing botlane with him by merely spamming saplings into bushes while laughing from an awfully safe distance, and on top of that you've got quite the good CC package in W>Q for an easy all-in on top of your passive sustain and CoK shields, and later your ult as well. In a low-level game a single sapling at level 1 did like 20% of Ashe's HP... it was pretty ridiculous, to be honest.

The sapling's duration is obviously a lot lower than Teemo's shrooms, but they're a lot more likely to outright kill you out of nowhere, and with little to no counterplay other than spending a dash ability or flash to gtfo before the saplings get you, since it isn't like you can diffuse them with sweepers, unlike shrooms.

Maokai's saplings do way too much damage in the brush. Going against a Maokai support and knowing you shouldn't ever be near the bush is annoying. His ultimate is slow, but it's pretty wide. I think it's difficult to dodge due to the width unless you see it coming from a distance. I think it's best used out of vision. I do like that it only CCs one person per root. It gives you some room to play around with if an enemy Maokai ults into your team.

In other news I went from one game to gold to 0 LP Silver 1. I've become a liability on my teams recently so I definitely need to try harder. Laning is a big weakness for me that I have recognized. My CS is terrible most games, and I really have to depend on my support or jungle to make any plays. I think that should be my first focus on improvement.

jerd

Pretty riot nailed Zac gameplay wise. His Q and ult are so much more rewarding now. He also may be a bit too strong this patch but I've only played a few games with him so not sure

TheFlow

Banned
Thank you guys for telling me about mao. Haven't played for a month so I didn't know the new cheese strata

What are must ban picks Right now?

Thank you guys for telling me about mao. Haven't played for a month so I didn't know the new cheese strata

What are must ban picks Right now?
I really don't know the meta right now because my game knowledge is lacking, but I always try to ban any combination of Lucian, Yasuo, Lulu, or Sejuani.

drawkcaB

Going to definitely give Rek'Sai another look after these changes go through. The only games I had fun playing Rek'Sai was when I did damage heavy, but those were few and far between because, as unenjoyable as it was, the tank builds were more effective.

i don't think it's that bad, it's not poppy's ult or whatever but it's way better than the lame invisible power thing he had before

Not sure I've you've done so (probably not since you don't play tanks and such) but just fire up a training session against an AI and use it a few times. It just doesn't feel good. Even when you manage to snag a long duration root. I used to think it's because it's slow, but I've come around to thinking it's just not rewarding at all to land. A long distance Nami ultimate feel super rewarding (there's that Nami comparison again...) but this doesn't.

For the record, I think they should keep it as slow as it is now, play around that. Said it before, but I would love love love it if it could hit both enemies and allies - root enemies, shield allies, either consumes one of the root lines. Keep some of Maokai's old "protection tank" flavor, get rid of the invisible power, add some skill expression in the ult's use.

zkylon

zkylewd
new video, this time's zed's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nzeQ-vHF34

i liked this one better, it's just random fights but it's well animated and fun to watch

the spear guy looked cooler than zed to me tho, but that's mostly i feel like zed's design is kind of really lame

Not sure I've you've done so (probably not since you don't play tanks and such) but just fire up a training session against an AI and use it a few times. It just doesn't feel good. Even when you manage to snag a long duration root. I used to think it's because it's slow, but I've come around to thinking it's just not rewarding at all to land. A long distance Nami ultimate feel super rewarding (there's that Nami comparison again...) but this doesn't.

For the record, I think they should keep it as slow as it is now, play around that. Said it before, but I would love love love it if it could hit both enemies and allies - root enemies, shield allies, either consumes one of the root lines. Keep some of Maokai's old "protection tank" flavor, get rid of the invisible power, add some skill expression in the ult's use.
i think shield ult might feel unwieldy since the hitbox isn't super clear. it's also not make a lot of sense thematically (why does that give you a shield) and i just feel kind of strongly against piling on shields into the game considering how champions like lulu and karma and ivern are everywhere nowadays (plus locket and redemption every game....)

not saying it should stay as it is, i can understand it feeling unrewarding specially compared to other ults but i'd rather it got bigger changes than that or something

You're not supposed to use it like Nami's ult, Maokai's ult is a massive zoning and flanking tool. Hitting it is secondary to the pressure it brings to a fight since you make it almost impossible for a team to disengage.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yasuo
Steel Tempest (Q) duration for stacks of steel tempest lowered from 10 to 6 seconds.
Sweeping Blade (E) cooldown changed from 0.5/0.4/0.3/0.2/0.1 to 1/0.75/0.5/0.25/0.

wow that sounds like he's getting deleted from the game

i don't play him ever so maybe not that srs but those are really big nerfs

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is Graves auto not supposed to proc AoE on some of the jungle camps? I feel like it is bugging out and just hitting single target.

The Q nerf is long overdue, the amount of zoning he gets from a charged Q is stupid when it's an ability meant to be charged mid combat.

zkylon

zkylewd
some quality fanart on reddit

YPo4q4Q.jpg

wstT01A.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
didn't put up many pinks because it was a landslide, and I had red lens. Still need to work on backing with my adc, and communication overall in the bot lane.

edit: win streak is over. Lulu is cancer.

Leezard

I don't think it will kill him as it is right now. He received huge indirect buffs with all the crit item buffs recently, so he's been way too strong.

Been playing HOTS and ... it's not bad! I enjoy it's directness and simple objective focused game play. No gold, no items that make champs harder to deal with, no long laning phases, lots of stuff to fight over with good reason.

Makes playing a support champ fun to. Cause of how the game works you arnt stuck in some "babysit the entitled fuck til they can hopefully steam roll people" role.

Guess I'll give Dota2 a shot some day.

Been playing HOTS and ... it's not bad! I enjoy it's directness and simple objective focused game play. No gold, no items that make champs harder to deal with, no long laning phases, lots of stuff to fight over with good reason.

Makes playing a support champ fun to. Cause of how the game works you arnt stuck in some "babysit the entitled fuck til they can hopefully steam roll people" role.

Guess I'll give Dota2 a shot some day.

Supporting is alotta fun in HotS. All the supports have their strengths and none of them feel like a mule to another character.

(Lili dragon build is best support)

A Rioter once told me "we will never implement <exact description of Wind Wall>" and Yasuo players from what I remember of them tend to be terrible people so good riddance.

faridmon

Man, sometimes its impossible to win because of team comps.

The last game last night, I was Thresh with Zed, WW, Ez and Trynd. They had Renekton (who was fed btw), Rammus, Yasuo, MF and Karma

We were way ahead, with zed getting 10/2 in mid game, we had bot under control, good ganks from Rammus, but otherwise, we won duels here and there wen it was 2v2

Late game though, Trynd was useless, he was way behind so he couldn't split push, They were stacking armour so Zed was ineffective and Their frontline was Rammus and Renekton and we couldn't even touch MF

I honestly don't know how were we meant to win that game, and it made it all frustrating considering I played alright

Nev

Banned
League of Lategame and League of Tanks. Nothing new, it's been like that for years.

Pick a cancerigenous ultrasafe champion like Lux, Ziggs or Maokai (at least the previous one) and get to lategame, press R in teamfight, faceroll to comeback and win even if you were utter trash in lane.

That said, Tryndamere is a strong kind of tumor in soloQ, yours must've been really bad unfortunately but unsurprisingly.

Remember the rule, Yasuo/Tryndamere/Yi/Vayne/Riven are only going to carry in soloQ if they're in the enemy team.

Leezard

Man, sometimes its impossible to win because of team comps.

The last game last night, I was Thresh with Zed, WW, Ez and Trynd. They had Renekton (who was fed btw), Rammus, Yasuo, MF and Karma

We were way ahead, with zed getting 10/2 in mid game, we had bot under control, good ganks from Rammus, but otherwise, we won duels here and there wen it was 2v2

Late game though, Trynd was useless, he was way behind so he couldn't split push, They were stacking armour so Zed was ineffective and Their frontline was Rammus and Renekton and we couldn't even touch MF

I honestly don't know how were we meant to win that game, and it made it all frustrating considering I played alright
That's a common issue with full AD comps. If the opponents have tanks, you don't want to let it go lategame.

If you get ahead in midgame, you need to push your advantage and win before the opponents can stack armor enough. You should be getting Barons and Inhibitors instead of duels and 2v2 fights. It sucks to have a useless Tryndamere of course.

dimb

League of Lategame and League of Tanks. Nothing new, it's been like that for years.
This is definitely not a tank meta outside of a few choice picks, most notably out of the jungle reworks, and definitely not tank Maokai. You see some very broad and minor buffs to tank damage across the board in an effort to make up for the heavy nerfs to tank items like Sunfire because of how devastating it was to certain champions.

faridmon

Pick a cancerigenous ultrasafe champion like Lux, Ziggs or Maokai (at least the previous one) and get to lategame, press R in teamfight, faceroll to comeback and win even if you were utter trash in lane.

That said, Tryndamere is a strong kind of tumor in soloQ, yours must've been really bad unfortunately but unsurprisingly.

Remember the rule, Yasuo/Tryndamere/Yi/Vayne/Riven are only going to carry in soloQ if they're in the enemy team.

That's a common issue with full AD comps. If the opponents have tanks, you don't want to let it go lategame.

If you get ahead in midgame, you need to push your advantage and win before the opponents can stack armor enough. You should be getting Barons and Inhibitors instead of duels and 2v2 fights. It sucks to have a useless Tryndamere of course.

Hmm, It really felt like we were going to win, since we had full map control by Mid game. I think we lost very valuable time not pushing, I tried to ward their top jungle so Trynd could solo push but that didn't work out.

Very frustrating game.

TheFlow

Banned
Yea lost a late game last night to a 700 stack nasus who carried hard. When you got no tank, and your too laner Quinn went 5/16. What do you expect

There is always that one person who doesn't listen to the team and think they are God. Pick a shitty champ, feed, and cry about how the game is over 9 mins.

I feel like many times teams just never push their advantage. This gives the other team time to catch up. Too many times I've experienced thrown games due to people just wanting to farm jungle and chase enemies instead of taking advantage of their lead to push further in the enemy base.

TheFlow

Banned
I feel like many times teams just never push their advantage. This gives the other team time to catch up. Too many times I've experienced thrown games due to people just wanting to farm jungle and chase enemies instead of taking advantage of their lead to push further in the enemy base.
Quoted for truth. People fail to realize that games can be ended a lot quicker and efficiently if everyone always have there eyes on objectives.

That is why I never wanna go back to bronze/silver.

Also I played with my first God fist lee sin. He was amazing.

faridmon

Yeah, thats exactly what happend. I need to learn how to communicate effectively and tell everyone to just push ahead for a win

JulianImp

Yeah, thats exactly what happend. I need to learn how to communicate effectively and tell everyone to just push ahead for a win

But that only works if people actually listen to what others say, which is a pretty big "if", IMO.

One of the low-level games we played both junglers were Xin Zhao, and neither of them did anything at all in regard to ganking or farming... they were like two non-entities stuck in stasis or something, and it was hilarious because they'd randomly walk into the jungle with no vision to try and farm and would only end up feeding the opposing team kills.

Still, it really does suck when you're visibly ahead but can't close out the game because you and your team aren't reliably threatening objectives, to the point the whole game turns into a turtlefest with people blindly asking others to group up and walk down mid repeatedly until either team sucks more than the other and gets themselves aced, allowing the other team ti... maybe get a single turret at best before the process starts all over again.

Nothing grinds my objective-priorization gears more than watching people continue to push inhibitor-less lanes by themselves rather than using that natural pushing power to force the enemy team to answer it while they go somewhere else to keep the game's momentum in their favor.

Oscar

What's the deal with Draven?

I'm lvl 18, but every game I see him played he is shredding everyone.

Pentakills and shit.

What's his weakness/counter?

zkylon

zkylewd
latest workshop video, this time it's darius': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGx9_wABzlA

i really liked this one, it's a bit of a character study that gives u a hint of darius' (and noxus') worldview and personality and looks really good too. nothing too elaborate, but more along these lines is the kind of thing i would like, show things that you can't quite show in the game and give these characters depth and personality

tomorrow's video is about lux but it's probably gonna be more whiny crying lux cos rito is dumb about that stuff

also interesting article on quests and such other breakfast x zky discussions: http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/05/dev-on-missions/

like loot, they seem to be implementing a mostly harmless version of something that's potentially very bad for the game, so that's good. i'm still not a fan of skinnerboxing, specially when league is already an immensely rewarding and fun game to play on its own, so why is this shit even needed. i guess like loot this'll impact the people that don't play the game as much as we so that's nice, i guess? i just find being rewarded for just playing the game (win three games with 10 kills/assists) is kinda pointless, but i guess people do enjoy filling up bars

A Rioter once told me "we will never implement <exact description of Wind Wall>" and Yasuo players from what I remember of them tend to be terrible people so good riddance.
despite yasuo being super annoying and yasuo players being super annoying too, it's never nice to see riot give up on a champion

that being said i don't know much about yasuo so idk if the changes are too bad, it feels like a big nerf but he needs it and it's hitting things that are also very frustrating about him which is good for future balance, so who knows

also idk why ppl hate wind wall, to me it's literally the best thing about his kit

dimb

What's the deal with Draven?

I'm lvl 18, but every game I see him played he is shredding everyone.

Pentakills and shit.

What's his weakness/counter?
Weak to hard CC or strong early lanes that he cannot snowball off of. He gets weaker as the game goes on.

Supporting is alotta fun in HotS. All the supports have their strengths and none of them feel like a mule to another character.

(Lili dragon build is best support)

Looking at these new "missions", the new support item stuff and the new RH ... makes me feel like Riot is trying to take on a lot of HOTS ideas.

Which makes sense logically, the game does "Fix" a lot of LoL problems in it's own unique ways.

Quonny

I dunno if this game is for me anymore. The meta just doesn't fit with how I play or something. I'm playing really poorly and dragging my team down constantly. And it's been like this for months now. I can't remember the last game I popped off.

Meh.

zkylon

zkylewd
elementalist lux sure is kinda lame lol

i hope some day they come out of their senses and let you just choose the element you want

the minigame really ruins the skin, and was pretty distracting

it's like, i'm paying you fortunes for this skin, let me use the one i want

Vu41GMV.png

Was totally disappointed until I got Lion Dance Kog'Maw!

I suppose I'll pick up Ziggs so that I can be an asshole in ARAM.

Dunno if I'll bother with the two crappy legacy skins. I already have Creator Viktor.

Moonlight

Banned
Part of me is kinda tempted to one-trick Nami, at least whenever I wind up as support. Picked her up on a whim recently and I've been on a tear since. She's got basically everything - great poke and sustain, great crowd control, great disengage, decent engage. Especially after so much Soraka, it's kinda nice to play a support that feels like she relies a lot less on how your ADC is doing and can directly force stuff.

Playing so much support recently has been helping me with some other stuff, too. Namely actually using items, lol. Redemption is easy mode, but timing more heat of the moment stuff like Locket shields (or stuff like Zhonya's in midlane or Hydra or whatever) is stuff I've always had trouble with that I think I'm getting a lot better at now.

Top Bottom