• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Why not just pick Kayle?

i really like her in the top lane - bought pentakill skin bc its great

also have the riot kayle skin but i dont know where it came from

Jinx is good as a deliberate deconstruction of the manic pixie dreamgirl archetype.

Oh, to play? She's pretty strong. Jinx is one of the hypercarry-ish ADCs because of her multiple scaling factors. Build Runaan's to make your rocket launcher strong. Weapon selection is important and you probably need a real ADC to explain the intricacies, but in general minigun is better against objectives and in duels, rocket for teamfights. Jinx is immobile so manage your chompers wisely. Remember that you are way stronger in cleanup because of your passive.

thanks

Kayle is just so bad early game.

yeah sometimes i get a bad match up and cant get it going for a while

I like Jinx, but her spike takes a while.

I rarely find anything as satisfying as an endgame Jinx with a max stacked Q kiting tanks around, or those delicious AoE crits.

Actually, as someone who hates playing with (bad) Luxes, please be very careful about roaming. Too often I see Lux players try to roam, haplessly get caught in river, die, and then lose all control of mid. Or they show up second and miss everything. You want to keep your wave pushed out, snag people from distance, and win bigger engagements. Buy control wards, place them defensively, and be aware of where you can get jumped on from. When you have vision control you can more easily catch enemies (especially the support when warding). Grouping up helps you a lot because then its harder for the other team to do so and your W, E and R can hit multiple targets. Good Luxes are terrors after lane phase.

zkylon

zkylewd
Give me some tips and I'll take her out for a spin

she's fairly straight forward:
- as soon as u have a mana item+blue abuse e range in lane to poke them out. just look when they're gonna last hit and shoot it at em over and over again
- it's faster to auto e and mash e than e'ing first then auto'ing so abuse that as much as u can for quick trades or to last hit more efficiently
- don't always insta-detonate e, sometimes it's good for zoning
- use fog of war to fish for q's, that's basically all your mid-game, just hiding and catching ppl out
- try to fight in straight line situations, like jungle choke points or whatever
- i see a lot of ppl use blue trinket on lux for help with snipes but i actually prefer taking red trinket. lets you clear ur path while roaming which lets you catch ppl by surprise

that's about it, she's not super difficult or anything

killatopak

i

yeah sometimes i get a bad match up and cant get it going for a while

The trick is knowing how to play on every match up. Know if you are weaker or stronger in the early game and fight when you hit your power spikes. Usually I see Kayles wait until 6 to go aggressive if they are matched poorly. Most of the time though, Kayle is the more aggressive one since she is ranged especially on top lane where champs are more melee focused.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Don't play ADC

so far 90% of the time i am in bot i am sup

but i feel like i should have 1-2 champs i like in each lane. i prefer tanky guys (top), fun mages (mid) and support but still trying to find a jg and bot i like

why does everyone say not to play adc?

I think Kayn players are actually worse than Riven/Yas players.

this week with free kayn and the icon missions have been awful at my low level

ready to see someone else in the jungle who isnt an edge lord

Because ADC is suffering

Kijn1WM.gif

Newt

ADC is a role for masochists or toxic ADC mains like naota fakuza.

(Someone in urf just assumed he was an ADC main because he was spamming question marks lmfao)

duppolo

how much do a lol game last? i come from dota and i wnated something more fast, couse i cant be unreacheable for 40 minutes.
Also: thanks to runes and no free heroes it will be a pain to start right now...can u give me some advice? should i buy some kind of account?

Newt

how much do a lol game last? i come from dota and i wnated something more fast, couse i cant be unreacheable for 40 minutes.
Also: thanks to runes and no free heroes it will be a pain to start right now...can u give me some advice? should i buy some kind of account?
Yeah games last around 35 minutes but can go up to an hour. Maybe try hots :^).

Artdayne

mobility creep isn't an issue that's solved adding more mobility lol

Sure, that's always a possibility but the thing is in Dota the item costs a decent amount and literally the only thing on it is the ability to have flash on a very short cooldown. It's not an item that every champion is going to buy, not everyone buys one in Dota. Sure, there's nothing stopping highly mobile champions from buying a blink dagger to be even more mobile but I'm not so sure that people will default to that option because again, it probably won't be the most reasonable item to buy for many of them. There are a number of champions though that are melee in particular that aren't very good at team fights because they can be kited so easily.

pigeon

Banned
I think HotS is pretty fun actually, and way better for a dad or anybody who can't guarantee 45 free minutes at a stretch, but I did end up coming back to League because I just think the design on the individual characters is a lot better.

zkylon

zkylewd
acc 35 minutes is too much for a medium. ims earching something competitive, but at areound 30 minutes per game

that's gonna be difficult to find in league

games for me last 30 on average, but often more than that

i do find ranked games to be shorter than normal games cos ppl play better, exploit leads and don't throw as much, specially the higher i ranked the quicker games got, but 30 is a solid average

Sure, that's always a possibility but the thing is in Dota the item costs a decent amount and literally the only thing on it is the ability to have flash on a very short cooldown. It's not an item that every champion is going to buy, not everyone buys one in Dota. Sure, there's nothing stopping highly mobile champions from buying a blink dagger to be even more mobile but I'm not so sure that people will default to that option because again, it probably won't be the most reasonable item to buy for many of them. There are a number of champions though that are melee in particular that aren't very good at team fights because they can be kited so easily.
yeah but doto is real different

like blink dagger won't solve league's issues if there's any (there is but imo much exaggerated)

Artdayne

ARURF's pretty fun! Unless you get a mainly aa-based champion, that is.

The strongest champions I've seen are Master Yi, Tristana, Tryndamere, Jax, Hecarim but really there are loads of others that are really strong. Basically highly mobile split pushing gods that are also really pretty ridiculous in team fights because mana and cooldowns are basically not a thing.

I was in a lane playing Tristana with Taric in bot lane and we could have won the game in 9 minutes given we had already taken their inhibitor in 8 but I was having fun and didn't want to end it that early. They stopped sending people down to us because Tristana is so broken, her Q is basically always up and I can repeatedly use E just after it blows up.

zkylon

zkylewd
looking at the splashes again, i feel like ahri got the short end of the stick

seems like everyone got a little familiar, but ahri's by far the worst

R0LyHnm.png

soraka has this awesome badass looking pokemon that you can tell means business and doesn't take shit from nobody

tIXm1X3.png

mf skin is bad but she has two lovely pirate keijo dudes

AZTbj8X.png

ezreal's is a bit of a more serious pokeymon but he's like a fun flying cat, cmon

IHlmDGL.png

syndra's orbs may not be full-on familiars but they make up for it in personality

PfXyUkd.png

finally we have this asshole care bear piece of shit that not even a mother could love

syndra splash is too good not to buy tho...

fucking riot lol

(this is all for goofs tho, all the splashes are great)

So far I got Elementalist, spell thief and resistance. The only other champ i have a bunch of shards for is mundo
elementalist lux is good, but not really worth the money outside of the benefit of her spells being harder to see, but the one that looks like megaman is even better for that (or star guardian)

spellthief i actually really like, it's simple but cool looking and the new splash is pretty nice (tho not as good as this)

luc-pinkey-lux.jpg

resistance is trash tho, cash that one in to get elementalist or something else

I wish I was adept at video footage, because I played against a Gnar who made one of the worst plays I've ever seen a couple of games ago. He's poking me down under tower a bit, but I'm still at 70% (Rumble). He transforms, then walks under tower a bit, whiffs his ult completely, draws aggro with his Q, then hops straight on top of me before trying to flash out and dying. I didn't even go below 30% HP and I had shield and flash. A boosted animal in the wild if ever I saw one.

Newt

I wish I was adept at video footage, because I played against a Gnar who made one of the worst plays I've ever seen a couple of games ago. He's poking me down under tower a bit, but I'm still at 70% (Rumble). He transforms, then walks under tower a bit, whiffs his ult completely, draws aggro with his Q, then hops straight on top of me before trying to flash out and dying. I didn't even go below 30% HP and I had shield and flash. A boosted animal in the wild if ever I saw one.
You don't need to be adept. Client has a built in replay system.

Top Bottom