• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samyy

Keep your tides of blood stacked (just cast it while running around as needed). Vlad is a solid late game champ, just keep farming.

how do I practice though, most normal games at my lvl are me 2v1ing lane and since hes so week early on I get like no farm

broz0rs

how do I practice though, most normal games at my lvl are me 2v1ing lane and since hes so week early on I get like no farm

in 1v2 lane (top lane usually in low level) the goal is to stay alive, farm safely by tower, and get a level advantage. You should be 1-2 level higher than the opposing team if you play it safe. A gank from your jungler should always kill them because of the higher level and since they're going to be near your tower their path to escape will be poor. In these type of games, pick champs that have a lot of mobility.

on the flipside, if you are 2v1 a lane. Do not ever push your lane; just last hit minions and bully the solo champ. main goal will be to zone the champ out of the experience range.

Jax blowing every ability except the one he needs to under the tower.

33a09_orig-u_mad_bro-jpg.9264

Samyy

in 1v2 lane (top lane usually in low level) the goal is to stay alive, farm safely by tower, and get a level advantage. You should be 1-2 level higher than the opposing team if you play it safe. A gank from your jungler should always kill them because of the higher level and since they're going to be near your tower their path to escape will be poor. In these type of games, pick champs that have a lot of mobility.

on the flipside, if you are 2v1 a lane. Do not ever push your lane; just last hit minions and bully the solo champ. main goal will be to zone the champ out of the experience range.

Yea I used to do it as Irelia easy, mundo and kog top is just too much lol :(

Inskipp

I don't know the HP values, but I suspect you could have ulted him first, and if that didn't kill, THEN flashed and stunned. :p I guess he might have flashed away though.
If I'd have procced my ulti first, it would have instantly given my intentions away, and he would have back further back into his tower, forcing me to expose myself longer under tower fire.
But then it wouldn't look as cool.
Also this.

XeroSauce

I don't know the HP values, but I suspect you could have ulted him first, and if that didn't kill, THEN flashed and stunned. :p I guess he might have flashed away though.

Definitely could have, before the level up though.

Infinity Edge/Bloothrister/Phantom Dancer are considered MUSTs on AD carries. What else could be considered?

Would Black Cleaver on an AD Carry be beneficial for a team with lots of AD, so that they all do more damage as opposed to just the carry getting Last Whisper?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So I played my first SR game in months annnnnnd...

I don't recognize this game anymore. Getting triple TP'd on red in Normal queue wat?

Ferrio

Banned
Definitely could have, before the level up though.

Infinity Edge/Bloothrister/Phantom Dancer are considered MUSTs on AD carries. What else could be considered?

Would Black Cleaver on an AD Carry be beneficial for a team with lots of AD, so that they all do more damage as opposed to just the carry getting Last Whisper?

Last whisper is better than cleaver almost always. Very little times it's not.

A GA on a carry is always helpful, my favorite defensive item when running carry.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So I played my first SR game in months annnnnnd...

I don't recognize this game anymore. Getting triple TP'd on red in Normal queue wat?
Sounds pretty trolly. Counter-jungling in general is pretty big now though as opposed to a few months ago.

Achtius

Fun game with ferrio and flare. Haven't play SR (other than the game yesterday with kiunch and summon) for a while.

lolblanc.png

lolblanc

Last whisper is better than cleaver almost always. Very little times it's not.

A GA on a carry is always helpful, my favorite defensive item when running carry.

Nah dude, QSS is the only defensive item you need for AD carries.

PD, QSS, PD, BT, IE, LW.

That should be the final build for a hyper carry.

Ferrio

Banned
leblanc without a single kill is the funniest shit ever.

Nah dude, QSS is the only defensive item you need for AD carries.

PD, QSS, PD, BT, IE, LW.

That should be the final build for a hyper carry.

Meh I'll disagree. QSS if they have a hardcore CC. I've had quite a few times GA passive thrown the fight in our favor.

methane47

Just had another epic game with tristana :)
17/4/3

our team was being out killed but the map was pretty even. They had taken out 2 of our inhibitors the three base towers while we had taken out 1 inhibitor and one tower next to the nexus.

The other team had just scored an ACE and they were pushing hard into our base. I decided what the heck. 3 team mates were busy defending so i said what the hell and went for it.
Sneak attack into their base and took out a second inhibitor from behind a tower :) Quickly jumped to top lane to help a nearby Team make push top all the way down to the tower which was quickly taken out.

I could now see 3-4 red circles in my own base so i knew i was pressed for time. I jumped down to the turret with my teammate (tryndamere) before our minions got there and started attacking... i hit my 'Q' and the tower died almost simultaenously taking out tryn.

I was surrounded by creeps and elite creeps... But i knew what had to be done... I Started attacking the nexus... i got down to like half and I jumped to the other side of the nexus and continued the assult. an elite ran up to me... and I used my ult to knock him back ... at the same time I saw that heimerdinger was racing down the steps to attack me. RIGHT THEN my Q came back online and i punched it and brought the nexus down Solo dolo... EPIC moment. I wish i had a replay.

Blizzard

Banned
Last night there was a Lux vs Malzahar mid lane in my ranked game. 20+ minutes into the game, I think they both were 0/0/0 with 170-180 farm. Ultimate farm fest! Fortunately our top lane was dominating and our bottom lane (pantheon + leona) was doing well enough. It took forever to kill Malzahar even once teamfights started, but we won eventually.

garath

Decided to branch out last night and try a few new champions. Jungle Kayle, AD Kayle, Ryze. Wasn't too bad. I like jungle Kayle except for her really slow start. I probably need to try different masteries. I used my Nocturne build (9/21/0) and boots and she got abused in the beginning (didn't help that my request for a leash went ignored). I think if I go 21/9/0 with cloth armor it'll be much better. I got so far behind I was ganking a level 7 top at level 4. Still did it, her ganks are awesome with the slow, movement speed buff and ranged melee.

AD Kayle just abused the poor duo bot. I was with Alistar and we zoned or killed the opponents every time they got close. The low level ranged magic damage Kayle does is really strong if the opponent doesn't take MR runes.

Ryze is just Ryze. Strong. I didn't even do exceptionally well with him and I was still contributing quite a bit in teamfights. I was the assist king for the first 15 minutes.

With Graves on sale I'll grab him today, I enjoyed him last free week. Next up is Ezreal. I love champs with high mobility - Kassadin, LeBlanc, Ezreal.

Perfect ranked game. Fuck. Yeah.

POX9o.jpg

Kinda unfair though, since everyone had CC to shut down Kat which explains her score.

Getting better with my deaths in general. I usually get 2-3 deaths unless the enemy is steamrolling us.

Losing against a team with an Alistar some time ago made me realize how darn useful an early Oracle is. In this match, we were pretty even until I got an oracle and warded a lot of places. Thankfully, teammates also warded. I removed their wards so we started to gank much more. By the 20 min mark we started to pull ahead with kills, and we pretty much controlled their jungle by that time.

Ferrio

Banned
0/10 LeBlanc?? Wow. She should have eaten Cassio for breakfast. That's hilarious.

Right, but I made the call that I should go top vs irelia, and talon vs leblanc. I got a very quick FB on irelia. They tried switching lanes several times which we followed, I was off on a 6/0/# start. Eventually they decided to duo lane top, and have their jungler mid.

We almost dropped the ball though.

Achtius

Right, but I made the call that I should go top vs irelia, and talon vs leblanc. I got a very quick FB on irelia. They tried switching lanes several times which we followed, I was off on a 6/0/# start. Eventually they decided to duo lane top, and have their jungler mid.

Cuz I was bored and went in alone :D

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Decided to branch out last night and try a few new champions. Jungle Kayle, AD Kayle, Ryze. Wasn't too bad. I like jungle Kayle except for her really slow start. I probably need to try different masteries. I used my Nocturne build (9/21/0) and boots and she got abused in the beginning (didn't help that my request for a leash went ignored). I think if I go 21/9/0 with cloth armor it'll be much better. I got so far behind I was ganking a level 7 top at level 4. Still did it, her ganks are awesome with the slow, movement speed buff and ranged melee.
I prefer 21/9/0 on Jungle Noct

garath

Good call. Talon is actually pretty tough to lane against as LeBlanc. Explains the ninja tabi (her build was still not good at all which surely contributed to her downfall).

I prefer 21/9/0 on Jungle Noct

I've tried both. I've settled on 9/21/0 for Nocturne. The early survivability in jungle means I have more hp to gank. I use AD runes which give me enough damage and building him like a bruiser makes me a better initiator for teamfights later on. More of a personal preference thing though. I didn't like 9/21/0 on Kayle at all though lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Also, I'll be one of Those Guys and point out that Katarina had CDR boots. Magick boots, Mercury boots, or even Quick boots would be better than that, I'd suggest. Maybe they were trying to play a pure Q harass game since they were crazy like me and picked Katarina.

Haly

My current favorite waifus are Kayle (troll shield), Fiora (troll ult), and Riven (troll moveset).

Haly

I blame elementz.

I played combat kayle before he posted shit about it on his blog.

JesseZao

@Rayvven

Can you confirm if the sorting for normal draft has been fixed to no longer give priority to premades? Maybe last two days I've actually been getting 3rd pick and even got 1st pick once. Before these two days I was usually 5th pick with the rare occasion of being 4th pick. Either way, it seems to be working better nowadays. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom