• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
I'll go back once I start grinding for Inferno runs.

Or maybe we could all grind together

then do inferno together

what's league

Ferrio

Banned
I'm pretty burnt out as is... especially last week since I was off all week and it was the only game I was playing. With D3 and Guildwars 2 on the way.... ya

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I wonder what the general game population for a lot of games will look like next week and into the summer with D3 hitting as well as to a lesser extent GW2. I'd be interested to know.

PS: Found a really good unconventional start for Varus (any ad carry really) in dom. Works like a charm even though it seems dumb.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I wonder what the general game population for a lot of games will look like next week and into the summer with D3 hitting as well as to a lesser extent GW2. I'd be interested to know.

I'd guess that they would dip extremely low for the beginning of summer and then eventually go back to normal levels as school starts up again in the fall.

bjaelke

This guy destroyed every assumption I had of Varus. I dominated him in lane but during team fights and as the game progressed he would just start to melt faces. His endgame was quite impressive despite the lack of steroids.

jRMYI55C8PV6b.jpg

Man, our team composition was focusing on shutting Varus down. I'd flash in and swap him, so he'd get next to Riven/Morde and Warwick would follow up with a suppress if necessary. As you can probably see from the score that didn't quite work out for us.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man, our team composition was focusing on shutting Varus down. I'd flash in and swap him, so he'd get next to Riven/Morde and Warwick would follow up with a suppress if necessary. As you can probably see from the score that didn't quite work out for us.
Udyr and Lulu are both really strong characters when it comes to protecting carries.

bjaelke

Lulu had a fantastic game. She would use Help, Pix! on wards to attack us from the side brushes. Soraka on the other hand would just get caught out of position and immediately be punished by the enemy team. I actually think the majority of our team fights started this way instead of the planned swap tactic.

Lulu had a fantastic game. She would use Help, Pix! on wards to attack us from the side brushes. Soraka on the other hand would just get caught out of position and immediately be punished by the enemy team. I actually think the majority of our team fights started this way instead of the planned swap tactic.

Oh what? Lulu can do that?????. I have played a lot of Lulu games and I didn't know that. Thanx!

/evil laughter

Yesterday I saw a Kat carrying a lot of wards so she could drop them and jump to them uber fast. Borderline exploit TBH IMHO.

bjaelke

Oh what? Lulu can do that?????. I have played a lot of Lulu games and I didn't know that. Thanx!

/evil laughter

Yesterday I saw a Kat carrying a lot of wards so she could drop them and jump to them uber fast. Borderline exploit TBH IMHO.

Help, Pix! can be used on a lot of different objects such as Yorick's ghouls and Jarvan's Demacian Standard. Pretty useful for zoning.

Blizzard

Banned

/evil laughter

The shunpo cooldown is several seconds, so you can't do it super fast, but yes that's a standard kat maneuver. Lee Sin does it too for his shield jump.

If I was pro I would have a ward-placing button on smartcast so I could hit two buttons really close together.

I am depressed since yesterday I was horrible at kat all day and some guy wanted to 1v1 with kat so he could stomp me into the ground to prove a point. :( And today my arm hurts so presumably I have carpal tunnel and need to amputate.

Vanillalite

Stacking mana crystals?

Everyone in Dom seems to usually want to go carry or hyper carry except for like maybe one AP which people always send bot. Maybe you get another hybrid character or someone that can build either way, but usually it's just an epic ton of AD top.

Problem is anything you build even at level 3 if you try to build out into something like boots, zeal, brut or just items like the pickaxe can't build high enough to give you a great proc or anything.

Everyone's at basically base DOM damage so just a small extra attack speed boost or maybe 20-25 extra AD isn't game changing. Plus the best single AD item aka BF Sword is more than your starting gold.

That being said. The best single armor item aka chain IS available. Plus it still leaves you enough cash to buy something else. So I started stacking chain + cloth + boots. Nothing they can buy at least from the theory crafting in my head would do more damage than the damage mitigated by the extra 63 armor. It's just impossible to buy an item that would do more damage either via AD or AS than what you can buy at 1st armor wise.

So I was playing Varus and if I fought another Varus I figure if he started out with AS boots I'd basically be guaranteed to win a trade. Ditto if he just bought a pickaxe to build into an IE. Maybe my theory crafting is all off in my mind, but it worked every time I tried it last night during the 1st confrontation.

Then you can either build it out into an armor item like a frozen heart or thornmail or else just go ahead with your normal AD Carry/Bruiser build. Plus you'll have the armor advantage until they decide to build armor pen which nobody does till late game anyways.

Blizzard

Banned
dat ward

dat juke
I only had one moment where I pulled that off properly with kat in the last week or so.

I assume it was after a teamfight, I was caught alone against ashe and trundle in bot lane. I had like 1/3 or less HP, and used hourglass right as they caught me. The other team's nearly dead ahri ran back towards me from their base to get the assist, I guess, so I shunpo'd to kill her when hourglass ran out, warded and shunpo'd to get past trundle's pillar when it popped up, warded and shunpo'd again to barely escape the ashe etc. slow, and shunpo'd to a minion back in the middle lane to escape.

I like Lee Sin since he's kind of like riven and kat with the positioning, no mana, and button mashing, but I'm terrible at his skillshot.

garath

Sigh.. There's still many champions I want that just aren't going on sale. Akali being one of them. I can't bring myself to pay full RP price for 3150 champs. I actually have enough IP to get Akali now but if I do, I won't be able to afford the runes she needs to be effective (I probably can't even afford them now).

Still, I quite enjoy the champs I do have. I'll be backing off playing some when D3 hits but I'll still find time to play. I have to hit 30 and do some ranked. It's a goal. :)

Vanillalite

Sigh.. There's still many champions I want that just aren't going on sale. Akali being one of them. I can't bring myself to pay full RP price for 3150 champs. I actually have enough IP to get Akali now but if I do, I won't be able to afford the runes she needs to be effective (I probably can't even afford them now).

Still, I quite enjoy the champs I do have. I'll be backing off playing some when D3 hits but I'll still find time to play. I have to hit 30 and do some ranked. It's a goal. :)

I haven't played even close to as many games as most people on here. Yet I will say this. I felt the same way as you in terms of buying champs.

I got to a point though after you finally hit 30 where i just felt like I just started rolling through my champ buy list. It's not like your actually getting more ip per game or anything, but something just starts cascading. Add in the free week rotation, and you just end up having a ton of champs before long.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm pretty burnt out as is... especially last week since I was off all week and it was the only game I was playing. With D3 and Guildwars 2 on the way.... ya

Join me in playing new games then! I think I stop by now once every few weeks to play a game of dom.

Tera, Diablo III, Tribes Ascend, and Guild Wars II for me. Sadly, I don't think any of them will match my nearly two years of play in LoL

Annie is really good now. Pretty underrated before she got buffed, even better now. Nice burst damage, so hard to trade harass with thanks to shield, farms well, good aoe damage with aoe stun in team fights. Really good kit.

Blizzard

Banned
The thing about 6300 IP champions is that some of them feel "ancient" to me even though I've only been playing a year or whatever...like, I want to trade with someone, but they want maokai. And then I realize that maokai and nocturne are STILL 6300, and they're presumably champions that have been around quite some time. Fortunately I still have 3150 or 4800 champions to finish off. I -finally- bought Lux so maybe I'll actually play her for the first time ever or something.

dimb

Annie is really good now. Pretty underrated before she got buffed, even better now. Nice burst damage, so hard to trade harass with thanks to shield, farms well, good aoe damage with aoe stun in team fights. Really good kit.
I think I have like a 70% win ratio with Annie in ranked, and all I can think is, "How did that happen?"

dimb

Out of how many Annie games?
Only like seven, which is actually a decent number of games from the ranked I have played but it's not a good measure of anything. I was just surprised to see the number.

garath

Well I took another look at my current runes + IP and I decided to just bite the bullet and pick up Akali. I've been interested in her for ages. Bought another rune page and set it up for her. I'm just shy of getting her passive at level 1 in the AP dept. Just need to unlock that last quintessence slot :)

Back down to 500 ip haha.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why are you buying rune pages before hitting level 30

o_O

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why back in my day people played League games without rune pages and they liked it.

*yells at cloud*

garath

Why are you buying rune pages before hitting level 30

o_O

because being limited to 2 roles sucks :(.

It's good behaviour, don't discourage it!

Lol. Pretty much all that. I have champions for all roles. Despite mid being my best, I play all of them.

I had the default 2 pages:

AD - AD quints, AD/armor pen marks, armor seals, MR glyphs
AP - AP quints, magic pen marks, armor seals, MR glyphs

It covers most roles but I could really use a jungling page with attack speed and an alt AP page with move speed and an akali page if I like her.

And for buying them before lvl 30, at best it keeps me competitive with the over achievers who have full rune pages for the role and if someone doesn't, I usually crush them in the early lane phase. The runes make a huge difference early - especially the MR and armor.

I saved all my IP from level 12 to 20 to fill out those 2 pages with T3 runes. Since then I've just been collecting to fill other roles.

I just have trouble spending ~$20 on the 7 page bundle when I'm not even doing ranked yet. But I'll suck up the $3 or so for the 3rd page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom