• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Ez disconnects early in the game, Riven feeds Aatrox at top 3-4 times while I hold mid, I get behind and can't gank, and Riven still keeps on feeding.
How can u lose to aatrox if ur riven?
You have 2 frikkin stuns.

killatopak

Ez disconnects early in the game, Riven feeds Aatrox at top 3-4 times while I hold mid, I get behind and can't gank, and Riven still keeps on feeding.
How can u lose to aatrox if ur riven?
You have 2 frikkin stuns.

Aatrox can win if he cheeses very early because even if Aatrox can't kill her, he can still outsustain her and make her lose farm. Riven has no sustain so it's a good thing if he can get a chunk of her health early. Riven has to play safe and just poke him without getting retaliated back.

She may have underestimated him at at lvl 1-3. I main Riven and Aatrox before her so I kinda have felt both match ups and you're right that Riven should have the upper hand. It's just that Aatrox is also a snowbally champion as well so her probably dying or being denied farm makes it hard for her to come back.

In this case, she should have called for jungle help or roamed other lanes. This is easier if she took teleport that way she could have more impact despite losing lane. If she can't do that then she has to play it really safe and just tower hug and try to find some errors if the Aatrox is aggressive. In her defense, if I was in the same situation, I'd be really fucked if I can't get any help from the jungle.

If you specifically look at Riven's laning phase excluding team fights, roaming and such, she either wins impressively or lose very hard. There's no in between especially for melee champions. In other match ups where her opponent is ranged, there's more outplay potential so to speak. This is because if she can't win lane, it'll be very hard to have an impact in teamfights because of her nature.

It's just my opinion though. I'm not the best Riven or Aatrox for that matter. Just speaking from experience.

zkylon

zkylewd
Viktor won't get nerfed

he has no escape, so it makes sense for him to have high damage. It's how riot balances.
Yeah I don't think he'll get nerfed too. He's pretty vulnerable to ganks unless you play really safe.
Tell that to Syndra

IMO it's more likely that Viktor will have his power shifted around instead of straight up nerfs. Remove some E damage and put it back on the second hit of his Q, for example.
yea like stony says, other champions that were strong despite not having mobility like syndra got nerfed and i think viktor probably will get a e dmg cut, maybe to his ratio rather than base numbers. i don't think he really needs compensation buffs either, specially on his q since it already deals a shit ton of damage too

i think velkoz would deserves a nerf too, he seems pretty op right now, but since no one really plays him it's not that big of a deal

Happy birthday. Hopefully King Woody will bless us with the Cavani signing.
i dunno what any of this means

is it a ff14 thing

killatopak

Does your Elo or rank decay over time?

I don't play much rank or at all if I'm not in a duo. (just below 50 ranked games in the past 7 months) and I'm kinda afraid I'd get demoted over time or something.

I prefer playing on normals because it lacks that super serious attitude that is almost always present in ranked. You kinda have to try to win a bit but you can still have fun and play around and experiment stuff or try out new champs without your team screaming at you.

I'm at G5 at the moment. I heard you don't get rank decay until gold but I'm not sure. I just started playing lol this season but all of my friends who played earlier said that you have to play at least a game of ranked every 27 days.

The last time I played ranked was a few days ago for a promo from S1 to G5. The one before that was back in March so I know silvers don't get decay.

I honestly just want Gold for the victorious skins and I'd be kinda bummed if I suddenly don't get that.

drawkcaB

Tahm has a 95% slow if he devours so he can't deliver their biggest threat "right into us to start the fight", instead being barely able to move at all while giving the enemy free invincibility.

That's not what I wrote. I said bring Tahm's biggest threat to the fight, as in his most fed teammate. Got a fed Nasus or Udyr on your team? W+Righteous Active will get them in, almost guaranteed.

Tahm's use of W in teamfights should be reserved for peeling divers. Take Tahm vs. a fed Shyvana. Shyvana dives in as they all do because they're each and every single one brainless tools (apologies to Shyvana players here...but it's true), within 2 seconds Tahm can Devourer her, which at rank 5 is 6 seconds of taking her completely out of the fight. That's insane.

Devouring a target purely to initiate a teamfight is suicidal. Players will learn. Tahm's already seen a moderate win rate increase over the past week+ and the buffs on the PBE will help further. It's an inherently good kit.

yea like stony says, other champions that were strong despite not having mobility like syndra got nerfed and i think viktor probably will get a e dmg cut, maybe to his ratio rather than base numbers. i don't think he really needs compensation buffs either, specially on his q since it already deals a shit ton of damage too

i think velkoz would deserves a nerf too, he seems pretty op right now, but since no one really plays him it's not that big of a deal

i dunno what any of this means

is it a ff14 thing

Difference between syndra and viktor is that syndra is extremely longer range than viktor, and she has more cc than he does

Difference between syndra and viktor is that syndra is extremely longer range than viktor, and she has more cc than he does
Viktor E and R outrange everything Syndra has except her stun combo. They have the same amount of CC, difference being Syndra's stun is instant but Viktor also has a shield and a MS buff once he upgrades Q.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, those are tradeoffs for his insane damage and zone control, not weaknesses, and his e has like 1k range so he can easily outrange syndra outside of her qe combo

zkylon

zkylewd
just play a game once a month, lose and move on

you have to have a really bad streak to actually decay from plat to gold (iirc u have to have g5 mmr?)

just play a game once a month, lose and move on

you have to have a really bad streak to actually decay from plat to gold (iirc u have to have g5 mmr?)

Psh, as if I would lose. I play to win.

This site seems to be better and more reliable for decay timers

http://www.decayoflegends.com/

thanks sites slow so I'll check it out later

FUCKING TSM picking Shen. Just stahp. You're not going to make him work. Regi I thought you were there to not sanction this buffoonery.

I have played this game since February 2010. I never really played too much ranked, but always gave it a shot just to see how I'd do each season.

Season 1 - Silver
Season 2 - Silver
Season 3 - Silver I
Season 4 - Silver I

For seasons 3 & 4, I would get to placements to make it to Gold V, and then lose 3 straight in my series, then decay to Silver II or something because I lost my passion that season.

Well, this morning, after being 0 wins & 2 losses in my series, I finally did it.

I made it to Gold.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng that's a burden off my shoulders. 5 years in the making. Look out, Platinum, here I come.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think I've realized the key to winning my ranked games.

Every time the other team's support doesn't build a sightstone, I win (which is fucking hilarious btw - how did someone even get out of bronze that way)

It's almost like vision is important or something, weird

I think I've realized the key to winning my ranked games.

Every time the other team's support doesn't build a sightstone, I win (which is fucking hilarious btw - how did someone even get out of bronze that way)

It's almost like vision is important or something, weird
Here's a question. I support a lot, but haven't stepped into ranked a ton. What should a support do first---build sightstone, then finish support item? Or support item, then sightstone? And as a support, am I crazy for just getting sightstone and not fully upgrading until end of game?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Here's a question. I support a lot, but haven't stepped into ranked a ton. What should a support do first---build sightstone, then finish support item? Or support item, then sightstone? And as a support, am I crazy for just getting sightstone and not fully upgrading until end of game?

I don't play a lot of support so I'm guessing someone here would have better insight, but for me it depends on how the game is going and how much gold I'm backing with. Generally speaking, I'd rush it. Sightstone is really, really important to establish vision control both for ganks and early objectives. At the absolute latest, I'd get it after one upgrade to the supp item.

Bacon

Definitely sightstone first item no matter what

Newt

Man, those Kalista nerfs hurt.
88c9cc11bdc243f592948028cd8d86f0.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
my ranked 5s team made gold while i was eating dinner so i've officially made it to g5 without finishing my solo placement games lol

we were at 99lp last time i played and we skipped gold promos which was pretty surprising to me at least

pretty cool, takes some pressure off me to actually play some solo queue and see where i land, tho i probably should play those 5 games and at least see how bad i've gotten

personally i upgrade the gp10 item once, get at least boots 1 and then sighstone almost every game. sometimes i'll get mobis before sighstone and sometimes i'll get sighstone before mobis, depends on what champion i'm playing (i like roaming on thresh and lulu but i stay in lane a lot as nami). reason i don't like rushing sighstone is that gp10 item is better in lane and boots are also pretty useful, so i'd rather get crystal+boots and a ward than sighstone early on.

i only work on fully upgrading gp10 after sighstone and mobis, and i'll always get the red trinket upgrade as soon as i can

dunno if this is the best way or whatever but that's how i do eet

I don't know how you guys play solo q ranked, expectational adc and support. It is so annoying getting last pick and being forced into a lane(that you rarely play) It is even worse when your team mates start to feed.

I hope Worlds actually manage to be somewhat exciting this year

it's getting kinda boring watching Korea steamroll everyone

I want to get hyphy for an underdog

faridmon

I don't know how you guys play solo q ranked, expectational adc and support. It is so annoying getting last pick and being forced into a lane(that you rarely play) It is even worse when your team mates start to feed.

Because I have no friends at mu own level.
Oh and no one picks supp at Bronze helps

You can carry as support. Hit your cc in lane, and ward good.

You are sure as hell not going to get recognition from the other 9 people, but hey winning is winning. At least you know you carried that game and won some sweet LP that is all that matters.

If I can buy a Sightstone on first back I almost always get it. If not, I just upgrade my support item then buy regular wards.

I rarely upgrade Sightstone before last. The only reason I upgrade it earlier is if there's some heavy vision war / skirmishing going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom