• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEAK?: Forza Street Mobile Racing Game revealed! (Windows 10, IOS, Android, Partnered with Electric Square)

An article from GTPlanet broke the news about the apparent slip-up, which was posted by Forza developers Turn 10 Studios.
In a Week In Review post from the studio, community manager Brian Ekberg mentioned Forza community member Raceboy77’s recent Canadian eSports win.
However, the link to the article wasn’t quite right. Instead of linking to the relevant article, it linked back to a local file with an unusual path name.
The Week In Review post has since been corrected, but GTPlanet managed to get a screenshot of the suspicious URL path before the link was fixed.
forza-street-leak.jpg

Quote Says:
"""""file:///C:/Users/brianek/Documents/Week in Review/Developed in partnership with UK-based studio, Electric Square, Forza Street is built from the ground up to support a wide range of Windows 10, iOS, and Android devices. """""
Judging from the URL path, Forza Street appears to be a mobile-based project that’s being worked on in tandem with Electric Square, a studio based in Brighton, UK.
Electric Square have previously worked with Microsoft Studios on Miami Street, a free-to-play ‘pick-up-and-play’ racing game, so they’re not strangers to the world of racing games.

If true for the first time there might be a racing game worth playing on mobile devices. ;)

But seriously, this is good news depending on how you look at it. You can bridge mobile and Console Xbox Live files, and playing Forza Horizon 4 on console could lead to some goodies and unlockables with the Mobile Forza Street game.

It's a pretty good strategy. Question is how good of a developer is Electric Square that they could make a fun and polished racing game experience on mobile. I know T10 is working with them but they are mostly console tool focused. Interesting.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Wasn't that Miami Street ? The mobile racing game developed by Electric Square using Forza engine.

Wasn't that Miami Street ? The mobile racing game developed by Electric Square using Forza engine.

"Electric Square have previously worked with Microsoft Studios on Miami Street, a free-to-play ‘pick-up-and-play’ racing game, so they’re not strangers to the world of racing games."

This is something else, called Forza Street. The fact they corrected it with no mention of it indicates it wasn't meant to be revealed.

Shifty

Boy howdy thanks for bringing this mobile title to Windows 10, Microsoft. Really feeling the love over here in PC gaming land.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Would love to play a Forza game on my S10+ if it has the same physics of FH4/FM7. Phones are really powerfull right now, they can make a nice looking and good playing game on mobile platforms. But i hope they don't screw us with the microtransactions and don't make us keep grindin for cars.

Would love to play a Forza game on my S10+ if it has the same physics of FH4/FM7. Phones are really powerfull right now, they can make a nice looking and good playing game on mobile platforms. But i hope they don't screw us with the microtransactions and don't make us keep grindin for cars.

Being a mobile game it'll likely have a F2P model. As long as they can implement it in a reasonable way I'll be happy. Fallout Shelter is a good example. I've had it on my phone since it released and have been running the same file the whole time. The only money I spent was $15 after owning it for 6 months and realizing I'd been playing it a lot. Not once did I feel the game unfairly steered me into buying shit. If I can run a few races a week in my spare time, or on breaks, I'll spend something. If it has any sort of pay to win, I'll just delete the game.

You seem to have gotten Forza and NASCAR confused.

Why not have both?
Eu3U4TB.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom