• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefield 4 Trailer (TV Commercial)

DICE using Rihanna in their trailers now. I wonder what direction their heading in with this game...

fake edit: 17 minutes of single player explosions? lol fuck that

cheezcake

They looked too good. Even in 360p. What's with all this awesome fire, even from Capcom?

I find it hard to believe seeing as it's something that usually looks shit in-game...looks too big a leap to me :S

GPU accelerated particles is my guess, seems like something a lot of next gen engines have been touting

They looked too good. Even in 360p. What's with all this awesome fire, even from Capcom?

I find it hard to believe seeing as it's something that usually looks shit in-game...looks too big a leap to me :S

Hard but not impossible...I mean if there was anything that needed more focus that was it so maybe. Fingers crossed.

it's called being based on next gen consoles instead of current gen

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I just want to say how brave I think EA is for releasing a 17 minute trailer for this game. That's like 20% of the single player content.

i'm more excited by the animations, physics, destruction, and fluidity than I am by the graphics.

Looks like this game will play absolutely sublime in motion.

I'm glad people are judging a game by its commercial for it's campaign.

Is it bad that they want to improve on their absolutely shitty campaign?

DTKT

I'm glad people are judging a game by its commercial for it's campaign.

Is it bad that they want to improve on their absolutely shitty campaign?

When it's all they are showing, you start to wonder what the hell they are doing. I guess that they might be waiting for E3.

When it's all they are showing, you start to wonder what the hell they are doing.

All they are showing? The game isn't revealed yet. It's like people writing of Xbox before they even reveal it. It's stupid. BF4 is going to have a heavy online component and they know they have something that distinguishes them from COD, they won't imitate them that way.

looks like BF3, so a lot of the wow factor has kinda become old

I'm perplexed as to what you guys were expecting. Yes, it will look like BF3, with higher fidelity models, better destruction, new maps, modes, weapons, better visuals, particle effects, textures, etc....that's what everyone should be expecting, not a whole different game.

For the record guys: it's a Jay-Z song (Rihanna just sings the chorus).

Now, what song/artist was featured in the commercial for the 15+ Million selling BF3? That's right, 99 Problems by Jay-Z.

Naked Lunch

DICE never shows multiplayer early, esp this early - dont want people bitin their shit. Sucks but thats how it goes.

Destruction in that vid looked insane. No one else in the FPS industry outside of Red Faction has really even attempted destruction yet - DICE is so far ahead of the game its not even funny.

Piggus

looks like BF3, so a lot of the wow factor has kinda become old

Wat. Even in that crappy video it's easy to tell everything is a huge step up. The particles, physics, textures, detail, volumetrics, etc. I've been playing a lot of BF3 lately and it's not even close to looking that good.

Das-J

Law of the West
Ha, you guys are so impatient...

Gonna be interesting to read reactions in a few hours, but I have little doubt that #pantswillbesoiled

DMczaf

For the record guys: it's a Jay-Z song (Rihanna just sings the chorus).

Now, what song/artist was featured in the commercial for the 15+ Million selling BF3? That's right, 99 Problems by Jay-Z.

Well he has Executive Produced a video game before.

Raven77

This is Battlefield.

DICE are so damn backwards. We live in a time where nearly every game feels the need to add multiplayer.

They for whatever reason live in bizaro world and have a big focus on a pointless singleplayer campaign.

Top Bottom