• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefield 4 Trailer (TV Commercial)

This is Battlefield.

DICE are so damn backwards. We live in a time where nearly every game feels the need to add multiplayer.

They for whatever reason live in bizaro world and have a big focus on a pointless singleplayer campaign.

You really think they're not putting a gigantic effort on their multiplayer? They want to be the FPS king, they want to oust COD for crying out loud. Just as they did with BF3, multiplayer will come later and will be well worth the wait.

For now, let us enjoy the jaw dropping visuals and gorgeous destruction and physics :)

Im way excited and soooooo glad that the next gen consoles can handle it at its max potential so they wont have to dull it down for the consoles like they did with BF3.

Reiko

Banned
ceoebwzdfvu.jpg

Uh-huh EA.

Reiko

Banned
"refuses to confirm next-gen"

are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-149.gif

Are you fucking kidding me EA? I will never understand the secrecy of the video game industry. "Yes, BF4 will come to PC as well as PS4". omgwtfgoi25tncaabab he said PS4!! What do we do now!!??

I think Durango not being announced screwed things up.

So they just BS'd and said PC for Fall.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
They might not be allowed to confirm a PS4 version before the Nextbox announcement.

Either way this trailer didn't really show me anything since it's so damn small I had to squint to make anything out. I'll wait for the HD video tomorrow.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, so many people mad over Rihanna. I thought the music was awesome.

And if this somehow isn't on next gen consoles, then I'm probably not getting it.

"refuses to confirm next-gen"

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/are%20you%20shtting%20me/grand/are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-149.gif[IMG]

Are you fucking kidding me EA? I will never understand the secrecy of the video game industry. "Yes, BF4 will come to PC as well as PS4". omgwtfgoi25tncaabab he said PS4!! What do we do now!!??[/QUOTE]

All publishers usually have to sign contracts with Microsoft/Sony to not speak a word until their official announcement. No matter how obvious it may seem, EA can't speak up because of legal bindings.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Probably want to confirm next gen when Durango is announced.

True, there were a lot of heavy hitters missing from the PS4 announcement that are waiting until the Durango event to show their hand (along with some exclusive DLC).

Probably want to confirm next gen when Durango is announced.

Didnt they say they didnt show anything at the ps4 event because they didnt want to play favourites?

They ether have a deal in place with MS or they really do want to stay 100% completely impartial.

Kind of dumb when every other major publisher has publicly announced something for next gen consoles by now.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
People losing their shit over single player footage need to get a grip. Just look at the graphics and imagine shooting at real players running around acting like idiots rather than AI. It's Battlefield; an educated guess would say that you have a pretty damn good idea of what to expect.

RoKKeR

People losing their shit over single player footage need to get a grip. Just look at the graphics and imagine shooting at real players running around acting like idiots rather than AI. It's Battlefield; an educated guess would say that you have a pretty damn good idea of what to expect.
I actually laughed at this, well done.

Was GAF this way when BF3 was being revealed? That was like a straight month of SP only.

izt_is

Banned
This is Battlefield.

DICE are so damn backwards. We live in a time where nearly every game feels the need to add multiplayer.

They for whatever reason live in bizaro world and have a big focus on a pointless singleplayer campaign.

I don't know why people are always complaining about SP. I personally love a good and fun SP experience and is the main reason I buy many of my games

Raven77

I don't know why people are always complaining about SP. I personally love a good and fun SP experience and is the main reason I buy many of my games

And how would you feel about a single player franchise you love all of a sudden having all of its first reveals, and seemingly much of its focus put on multiplayer?

Probably not good, probably not good at all my friend.

Either it was taken down or a shop. I hope it's a shop.

The PS4 exists.

It doesn't make any sense.

True, but if they aren't confirming platforms other than PC then it just shows that there is a deal between EA and MS. I mentioned it earlier that showing the PS4 version would depend on that deal, and that could also have an impact on which versions they announce. If there is a deal then MS is going to want that brand to be associated with Xbox. So it'd make sense for them to be able to confirm it for their platform first.

So Microsoft is going to piss off Activision by pushing CoD's competitor? I guess this explains Destiny and if anyone is down with blocking used games it's EA.

With what DICE picked up from Danger Close, I hope they also decided to implement the sliding and lean mechanics from MoH.

Sooo good.

So Microsoft is going to piss off Activision by pushing CoD's competitor? I guess this explains Destiny and if anyone is down with blocking used games it's EA.

Well, MS already has CoD associated with the Xbox brand. So they probably view it as them not really needing to put anymore time or resources into doing that.

PR just went out. Uses Frostbite 3, no platforms mentioned.

DICE Reveals Next Generation of Battlefield --; New Benchmark in Game Design, Multiplayer Engagement

Battlefield 4 to Deliver Human, Dramatic and Believable Action, Powered by Best-in-Class Frostbite 3 Technology

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Only in Battlefield™ can players go through a building instead of around it or eject from a jet and take out the enemy mid-free fall. Those incredible gameplay moments that blur the line between game and glory can only be created by players, and occur only in Battlefield. DICE, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), today announced Battlefield 4™, a genre-defining action blockbuster launching in Fall 2013. Powered by the advanced technology of DICE's proprietary Frostbite™ 3 engine, Battlefield 4 offers players a glimpse into the future of interactive entertainment — a future that is more human, dramatic and believable than anything before it. With more than 65 million players worldwide, the Battlefield series has consistently been praised by critics for its world-class multiplayer gameplay, and is recognized as the only game that allows players to own land, sea and air.

Battlefield 4 is a seminal moment for the Battlefield series as more award-winning, multiplayer game design elements are incorporated into the single-player campaign. In single-player, gamers will experience huge environments, a playground of destruction, access to an arsenal of vehicles and the ability to direct squad mates. Taking a page from the social aspect of multiplayer gaming, the single-player mode will now track players' progress, adding an element of persistence and friendly competition to the campaign.

The game made its world debut today with a staggering 17-minute gameplay demo, available for view at Battlefield.com. The demo begins as the player — Recker — opens his eyes to discover that he is trapped in a rapidly sinking car with three of his squad mates. Shooting the window is the only way out. Panic and fear are pushed aside as Recker makes a difficult decision — take the shot and recover the intel but risk that not everyone will survive. The emotional demo features a cast of characters unrivaled in interactive entertainment. Players will learn how to work together in both the Campaign and Multiplayer, issuing squad orders and comparing achievements in both experiences. Adventure and Competition will unfold through a series of beautifully crafted locations constructed with some of the best art and sound design in modern shooters. All of this is only possible with Frostbite 3 — a new standard for interactive entertainment in 2013.

"We are so humbled and proud to debut Battlefield 4 on a global stage with simultaneous events in San Francisco and Stockholm. To be this early in development, and to already be so polished is a huge achievement for the DICE team and reflection of their passion and commitment to driving the franchise forward. Today's demo was just the beginning -- we have so much more in store," said Patrick Soderlund, Executive Vice President, EA Games Label. "It is thrilling to witness peoples' reaction when seeing the game for the first time. It really makes you realize that we are at the beginning of a whole new era for gaming. As artists and craftspeople, we are focused on creating a dynamic, open design that brings people together with amazing, surprising unscripted moments that they'll talk about for days. That's the beauty of Battlefield."

By pre-ordering Battlefield 4 at any participating retail outlet, gamers will receive a Premium expansion pack at no additional cost*. DICE also announced today Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe, an Origin™ exclusive special edition that includes the base game and bonus in-game digital items. Players that pre-order Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe* on Origin will also receive the Premium expansion pack as well as access to the exclusive Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta.

To view the first Battlefield 4 single player gameplay footage, please visit www.battlefield.com. To join the conversation on Battlefield 4, please visit http://www.facebook.com/battlefield, follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/battlefield and #BF4, or sign up for the official Battlefield newsletter at www.battlefield.com. Press assets for Battlefield 4 are available at http://info.ea.com.

* Conditions and restrictions apply. See http://store.origin.com/promo?promoID=88022500&linkid=BF4_CLP for details.

Top Bottom