• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefront info (40 players, heroes, free Ep7 DLC, FPS & TPS) [Full Screens]

BF1 attracted people by being a new type of Star Wars game
BF2 attracted people by adding in Space Battles, Galactic Conquest and Heroes
BF3 attracted people by ????? (help me fill in the blank)

And there we have it again.

Im giving up on this. You really dont want to understand.

Its a Reboot for a reason, its only called "Battlefront" and not "Battlefront 3" for a reason.

You can complain all you want, wont change anything.

Heroman

Banned
I had the same kind of arguing with someone on twitter...
I will say it again if you want. You simply should have never expected a sequel. Thats the honest truth. Ive warned people everywhere to not expect stuff from the old games. Which mostly turned out true.

The game has what, 2 years of development? It isnt so easy anymore to create maps, models etc... this is not 2005 anymore.

Get over it already.
The game is called star wars battlefront, they shouldnt have use the name if they didnt wan people wanting a squeal, and your right it 2005 anymore , we expect game to have way more which this game as it known right doesnt have.

royox

BF1 attracted people by being a new type of Star Wars game
BF2 attracted people by adding in Space Battles, Galactic Conquest and Heroes
BF3 attracted people by ????? (help me fill in the blank)

Good online battles. Remember BF2 was a PS2/Xbox game. The online was not as popular as it is today, only for PC players.

THIS

There are only 4 planets because this game is based off of the events that took place in the original trilogy movies. There are literally only 4 planets in all 3 movies combined that actually have Rebel/Empire battles. 2/4 of those aren't even seen in the movies.

The "campaign" in Battlefront 2 was literally just missions of important battles in chronological order. I'm pretty sure it is the exact same thing, now there is just split-screen co-op.

Space fights will happen without a doubt, there is no chance it won't be DLC. And it's not like there are no ship to ship fights.

That really limits them, I'm sure they have a BS excuse to way they want to keep it that way, but I think they are going to have to make up there own battles in the future. Although, they did say that they're might be DLC for future maps like in Naboo.

SummitAve

Banned
All those features and modes are meaningless if the game itself blows. I mean come on, we're getting a new Battlefront in the age of DLC and sequels, let's make sure the foundation is solid first.

And there we have it again.

Im giving up on this. You really dont want to understand.

Its a Reboot for a reason, its only called "Battlefront" and not "Battlefront 3" for a reason.

You can complain all you want, wont change anything.
Okay so what is it doing to attract people who have already played Battlefront games before? And you conveniently cherrypicked the second part of my post, wherein I mentioned that omitting the number shouldn't give a free pass to cut content.

The game is called star wars battlefront, they shouldnt have use the name if they didnt wan people wanting a squeal, and your right it 2005 anymore , we expect game to have way more which this game as it known right doesnt have.

Yes its called battlefront, without a number. Not that hard to get that this is not a Sequel.

All those features and modes are meaningless if the game itself blows. I mean come on, we're getting a new Battlefront in the age of DLC and sequels, let's make sure the foundation is solid first.

Yep thats what im telling people too. A solid first game is more important. And this is DICE's first StarWars game.

Okay so what is it doing to attract people who have already played Battlefront games before? And you conveniently cherrypicked the second part of my post, wherein I mentioned that omitting the number shouldn't give a free pass to cut content.

Watch the trailer, there is StarWars and you have the iconic battles from the old trilogy. For a lot of people already a reason to get it.

Im still hyped for the game. Thank god i never expected a sequel.

Oh I see. We've come to the point where we justify a sequel having less features then it's predecessors under the guise of "reboot."

It's a discussion forum. I don't think people are expecting EA to change much by complaining, but they absolutely have every right to be upset with the game.

Heroman

Banned
Yes its called battlefront, without a number. Not that hard to get that this is not a Sequel.
Like it or not it going to get compared to the other battlefront games cause it name is still battlefront the same way , dmc , tomb raider and theif are compared to other games in the series.

Yep thats what im telling people too. A solid first game is more important. And this is DICE's first StarWars game.

Watch the trailer, there is StarWars and you have the iconic battles from the old trilogy. For a lot of people already a reason to get it.

Im still hyped for the game. Thank god i never expected a sequel.
lol, okay so just because it has Star Wars branding that's enough . The quality of the game can be complete crap and it can be barebones BUT HEY AT LEAST IT'S STAR WARS

Boke1879

It's called Battlefront, not Battlefront 3. Space battles is a bit of a bummer but that's almost a whole other game you have to develop and with 2 years dev time that might be asking a bit much.

Galactic conquest isn't in but they have stated there are SP missions you can do alone or with a friend splitscreen.

More than 8 maps and we get another planet 2 weeks free after release. It's a multiplayer game. Make sure the MP is solid and it'll be fine. With everything being so focused it has me hopeful for a much smoother launch.

Again if we get the expansions in the same vein as BF4 we are in for a wealth of content post release.

Oh I see. We've come to the point where we justify a sequel having less features then it's predecessors under the guise of "reboot."

lol...

But this isnt a sequel. I really dont understand some people now how this is so hard to get?

But im giving up on you @Psyco
You are complaining for the sake of complaining.

lol...

But this isnt a sequel. I really dont understand some people now how this is so hard to get?

But im giving up on you @Psyco
You are complaining for the sake of complaining.

Are you being purposefully dense? Just because it doesn't have the number 3 in front of it doesn't mean it's not a sequel.

But regardless of that, why the hell does that even matter?

It has less features then Battlefront 2 and people have a right to criticize that. They are using the Battlefront name. You don't get to dismiss criticism under some shitty guise of "reboot."

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Are you being purposefully dense? Just because it doesn't have the number 3 in front of it doesn't mean it's not a sequel.

It has less features then Battlefront 2 and people have a right to criticize that. They are using the Battlefront name. You don't get to dismiss criticism under some shitty guise of "reboot."

Would you say DmC is a sequel to Devil May Cry 4? Kind of the same situation.

I want to hug you through my laptop screen right now.

Boke1879

It's a discussion forum. I don't think people are expecting EA to change much by complaining, but they absolutely have every right to be upset with the game.

Then this game just isn't for them. I can understand the disappointment but if you're not liking what you see. It's honestly best to either wait on more info or just ignore the game at this point. If right now you're not liking what you're seeing you're not going to like it come launch.

Stop complaining for the sake of complaining. Dont buy it then or whatever.

Will be funny if Bioware's Star Wars game is a spiritual successor to Kotor. Are people going to expect the same thing there? Features from the old games etc?

If it's called KOTOR? Absolutely.

Would you say DmC is a sequel to Devil May Cry 4? Kind of the same situation.

DmC was judged by DMC standards, and failed because of that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Don't worry the sequel will have a normal dev cycle and that means space battles.

I want to hug you through my laptop screen right now.

Because you dont get that this game is a reboot? A new beginning?

I will probably have to use the ignore feature more. Cant stand this pointless complaining anymore. In my opinion you should accept the game for what it is, or move on.

Heroman

Banned
It's called Battlefront, not Battlefront 3. Space battles is a bit of a bummer but that's almost a whole other game you have to develop and with 2 years dev time that might be asking a bit much.

Galactic conquest isn't in but they have stated there are SP missions you can do alone or with a friend splitscreen.

More than 8 maps and we get another planet 2 weeks free after release. It's a multiplayer game. Make sure the MP is solid and it'll be fine. With everything being so focused it has me hopeful for a much smoother launch.

Again if we get the expansions in the same vein as BF4 we are in for a wealth of content post release.
Who care they have 2 years, it a Basically a mp only game releasing 2015 , as right now there should be more than it has, at launch it will like what 10 to 12 maps ? When bf4 has the same amount of maps and a full single player campaign. And charging 50 buck for the premium this game will have wont really change people problem with game.Sure there could be more to game that we learn closer to release but as right now a lot of fans to the battlefront game are disconnected and rightly so.

I will probably have to use the ignore feature more. Cant stand this pointless complaining anymore. In my opinion you should accept the game for what it is, or move on.

You probably should if you expect people on a discussion forum to only praise the games you like.

In my opinion if you can't stand arguing in a discussion based forum and have to resort to ignoring then maybe you shouldn't have entered this thread.

Eggbok

No - it's not only based off the original trilogy. Hell the first DLC is based around Episode 7 - they easily could have added more planets to add more variety, it's a video game. And yes the campaign was kinda barebones in 2, that means they should have EXPANDED on it, along with keeping Galactic Conquest in not scrapping it. And lol at relying on DLC to fill in the gaps - not only is that depressing, there certainly IS doubt that they will happen considering as of now they aren't in the game.

But the game is based off the original trilogy. the first DLC is a bonus because Star Wars VII is coming out that's why it's free. Sure it's a video game and they could have added more planets but they didn't because everything is BASED around the events in the original trilogy, the stuff that is canon. I'm pretty sure Disney gave them a guideline of what to follow and what they wanted the game to focus on. The stuff that has a direct impact on the events that take place during Star Wars VII.

We don't know how much they've expanded on in the missions because we have yet to play the game. Also this is EA, you should expect themed DLC because it's what they've done before, it's EA they LOVE DLC. And of course other planets and things from the prequel trilogy isn't there now, the game is focusing on the original trilogy.

Im not praising anything. Not my fault when some people expected more... especially expected a sequel.

If you're not praising something then you're definitely refusing to hear out any complaints. Why don't you just go to an echo chamber forum where everyone shares the same viewpoints as you do?

This isn't valid criticism. It's okay for Battlefront to have less features when it's a game that will have infinity better graphics, ai, all running on a modern multiplayer network, that's the new feature, that's what people are hyped for and willing to pay for. This game isn't building on the codebase of the older games so why would you expect it to have the same features as those older games. It sucks that Battlefront doesn't have galactic conquest, but that isn't something this game has to have to be good or even great.

Im not praising anything. Not my fault when some people expected more... especially expected a sequel.

Your blaming people from expecting features from a title that says "STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT."

Like, I'm sorry. Am I missing something?

Why is it so bad that people expected features from games of the same name?

This isn't valid criticism. It's okay for Battlefront to have less features when it's a game that will have infinity better graphics, ai, all running on a modern multiplayer network, that's the new feature, that's what people are hyped for and willing to pay for. This game isn't building on the codebase of the older games so why would you expect it to have the same features as those older games. It sucks that Battlefront doesn't have galactic conquest, but that isn't something this game has to have to be good or even great.

It's not valid criticism because the game looks pretty? That's laughable. It's valid criticism. The game could still be good. But that doesn't change the facts.

Heroman

Banned
Another problem I have is where is the prequel stuff? While I know some people dont like them but considering they are a major part of the Star wars universe it is very disappointing they are not there. There are really cool planet that are Imo cooler than hoth and endor that they could use to make some cool ass maps.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Another problem I have is where is the prequel stuff? While I know some people dont like them but considering they are a major part of the Star wars universe it is very disappointing they are not there. There are really cool planet that are Imo cooler than hoth and endor that they could use to make some cool ass maps.

Clone Wars DLC

Putch

Neo Member
So AT-AT's will be AI controlled stuff like BTL Y-wing starfighters? :(

Here's a quote from game's producer, McCloed.
We allow you to pilot all these iconic vehicles

Also from EA's Battlefront pre-order website, it says
Pilot nimble speeder bikes, massive AT-ATs, the Millennium Falcon, X-wings, TIE fighters.

So yes, you can pilot an AT-AT most likely. I'd be surprised if we couldn't, considering the AT-AT stands out in the box art & posters.

Nokterian

Do not tell me what i do like or not like you're not my dad. And complaining? We can't complain anymore? You're the judge here on why people not wanting this game for the sake of missing stuff that what makes Star Wars battlefront? Get of your high horse different opinions and different views.

Boke1879

Who care they have 2 years, it a Basically a mp only game releasing 2015 , as right now there should be more than it has, at launch it will like what 10 to 12 maps ? When bf4 has the same amount of maps and a full single player campaign. And charging 50 buck for the premium this game will have wont really change people problem with game.Sure there could be more to game that we learn closer to release but as right now a lot of fans to the battlefront game are disconnected and rightly so.

Who cares that they only have 2 years? Sorry but reality is time is an issue. Also wasn't galactic conquest pretty much just MP missions tied to a loose story structure. This game HAS SP missions similar to that. Also could care less about BF4 single player. Those are unispired and just there for the hell of it.

This game will do fine. I'm hyped for along with others. You and others are disappointed. It's ok. But we know space battles aren't in. It bums you out. But to keep bringing it up doesn't move the convo forward imo.

Eggbok

There isn't any prequel stuff because the game is focusing on the events that lead up to Star Wars VII. That's why planets like Mygetto, Coruscant, Felucia, etc. from the Clone Wars aren't there right now. None of those planets have anything to do with Luke and the Rebels taking down the Empire. And they certainly have nothing to do with the First Order (New Empire).

Who cares that they only have 2 years? Sorry but reality is time is an issue. Also wasn't galactic conquest pretty much just MP missions tied to a loose story structure. This game HAS SP missions similar to that. Also could care less about BF4 single player. Those are unispired and just there for the hell of it.

This game will do fine. I'm hyped for along with others. You and others are disappointed. It's ok. But we know space battles aren't in. It bums you out. But to keep bringing it up doesn't move the convo forward imo.

THIS^^

Im getting tired about all the complaining.

Clone Wars DLC
It's sad that you have to rely on DLC that may or may not be in the game.
Here's a quote from game's producer, McCloed.

Also from EA's Battlefront pre-order website, it says

So yes, you can pilot an AT-AT most likely. I'd be surprised if we couldn't, considering the AT-AT stands out in the box art & posters.
cxJC4rY.png

Series change. Sequels aren't always the same. Get over it.
I'd be fine with change if anyone could tell me about a single positive thing this game has over the other two, so far there still hasn't been one.

No, you were thinking of the campaign - Galactic Conquest had no real story and was more open ended. Allowed you to choose bonuses and whatnot and what planets to attack until you controlled every planet in the galaxy. Also had 4 presets for each side in each era.

slapnuts

Like it or not it going to get compared to the other battlefront games cause it name is still battlefront the same way , dmc , tomb raider and theif are compared to other games in the series.

Yeah sorta like how they used Battlefield 2 and 3 then they dropped the numbers and went with Battlefield Hardline. Yes i am being sarcastic because i don't get why people cant grasp the reason why they're just calling it Battlefront without a number following the title and besides..why the teary eye's over such a petty thing? We should be F'n happy that we are getting a new Star Wars game on hardware that is capable of doing the game justice may it be on X1,PS4 or PC. PC is where i'll be with this game but the online features sound like a blast but Im not much into multiplayer any more. Too much BS with people these days...unless it's peeps i know.

Im super stoked for this game, especially because it has a lot of segments of the old movies..that alone is worthy of the purchase, because the technology is finally here to do a star wars game justice and if i had a choice and i know many will agree with me, i much rather have battlefront remake battles of the original movies first...in other words, like someone else said...lets hope for a good starting foundation with this new generation where the technology is finally here to do these games justice. I have absolutely no grips with the name nor DICE going back to the roots of Star Wars and you can probably say its safe to say space battles will be DLC or in a sequel.

This game is gonna sell like hot cakes with the new movie coming out around the same time, its gonna literally gonna be a star wars Christmas :) Im so happy DICE is behind this game...regardless of their mishaps and having to rush Battlefield 4....they are very competent developers and you know they will be putting their heart and soul into this game as it's gonna be their first Star Wars game...i have no doubt it's gonna be rock'n.

Peace

Do not tell me what i do like or not like you're not my dad. And complaining? We can't complain anymore? You're the judge here on why people not wanting this game for the sake of missing stuff that what makes Star Wars battlefront? Get of your high horse different opinions and different views.

Like i said, not my fault when people expected more. It was never said that this Battlefront will have anything to do with the old games. And it clearly has no connection.

So why still complain about this? We get it. Some of you dont like it. But thats you own fault.

And in my opinion all this complaining has nothing to with a "different opinion" anymore... Its ok to be upset. I have nothing against that. But all this wont change the route this game is going.

Like i said, not my fault when people expected more. It was never said that this Battlefront will have anything to do with the old games. And it clearly has no connection.

So why still complain about this? We get it. Some of you dont like it. But thats you own fault.

And all this complaining has nothing to with a "different opinion" anymore... Its ok to be upset. But all this wont change the route this game is going.

Yes... people expected Battlefront features in a game called Battlefront.

Wow. I know. Surprising and completely out of the left-field.

And in my opinion all this complaining has nothing to with a "different opinion" anymore... Its ok to be upset. I have nothing against that. But all this wont change the route this game is going.
This was the reveal image
header-star-wars-battlefront-preview-trailer-e3-2013.jpg

It's sad that you have to rely on DLC that may or may not be in the game.

cxJC4rY.png

I'd be fine with change if anyone could tell me about a single positive thing this game has over the other two, so far there still hasn't been one.

No, you were thinking of the campaign - Galactic Conquest had no real story and was more open ended. Allowed you to choose bonuses and whatnot and what planets to attack until you controlled every planet in the galaxy. Also had 4 presets for each side in each era.
That subreddit has been such a piece of shit over the reveal. Downvoting the devs, really? Its great that they are even talking with us at all.

Top Bottom